Why is my hair coming out?!?

kinkyncurlykinkyncurly Registered Users Posts: 110
Hey ladies. So I'm late into my transition, and recently I tried to do a twist and curl. It turned out as a huge FAIL. I noticed while I was twisting my hair though, that alot of my hair would come out as I twisting. When I would complete a twist, there would be a little ball of hair that would come out at the end. Now that my twists are out, when I take my hair down, sometimes there are still little fuzzballs/clumps of hair hanging off the ends of my hair.

Why is this happening???? It's not happening only to my relaxed ends, because in the back of my head, it's completely natural and it's happening there too. Did I not detangle well? Am I shedding or breaking off?

HELP!

ps - if it helps, I think maybe I have fine hair? I'm also mostly 4a with a patch of 4b at the crown.
Transitioning! :hello1:
s-event.png
BC Date: January 8th, 2011!
Hair: 4a fine but dense
Working on: porosity issues, growing out heat damage, dryness
Fotki link in profile

Comments

• SilverAngel45SilverAngel45 Registered Users Posts: 244
    are u sure its not shed hair? when was the last time u detangled?
  • kinkyncurlykinkyncurly Registered Users Posts: 110
    are u sure its not shed hair? when was the last time u detangled?
    I detangled in the shower, when I had my deep conditioner in. I also combed out each piece before twisting it.

I guess it should be noted that I used a new deep conditioning treatment that was TERRIBLE and dried out my hair, but that couldn't cause all this, right?
    s-event.png
    Fotki link in profile
  • hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    oh no!!! did your new condish have a lot of protein?
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kinkyncurlykinkyncurly Registered Users Posts: 110
    hippychic wrote: »
    oh no!!! did your new condish have a lot of protein?
    I used Renpure Organics Deep Penetrating Reconstructor - I see on the front of the bottle it says "with silk protein" and here are the ingredients:

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil (Kukui), Silk Amino Acids, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Panthenol, Thymus Vulgaris Leaf Extract (Thyme), Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Sunflower), Cetyl Esters, Sodium PCA, PEG-10 Soy Sterol, Lactic Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Fragrance.

Did the protein do it???? Does that mean I need to go into a moisturizing overload?
    s-event.png
    Fotki link in profile

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file