Single Ladies (and of course you married folk too)

kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
"

Comments

• SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    Interesting...
    I guess I'm a cross between the free spirit and trailblazer
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ritual re-inventor - A woman who wants to get hitched but also feels very strongly about having an unconventional marriage (right down to the wedding ceremony).
    Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
    2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
    Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

• LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    Cross between the free-spirit and the trailblazer.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
  • KookyCurlKookyCurl Posts: 1,980Registered Users
    The Organic with some Free Spirit and Slow and Steady in there.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Interesting...
    I guess I'm a cross between the free spirit and trailblazer

+1
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Definitely the organic.

I *want* to be married. But am also aware that I'm sometimes a bit.... difficult... to get along with in a relationship. I've met/dated a bunch of great guys who helped me learn some of the traits needed to have a relationship work, as well as why things didn't work with those specific men, and I hope to find the relationship which will last.

But I won't stress myself out over it, and actually actively putting effort into looking has always failed me.

I want to have kids, and will have kids... but there's no biological clock urge going on. I am about 2 years from the timeline I decided about 20 years ago of when I'd want to foster/adopt if I hadn't married and had kids with someone by then. If I meet a man, awesome, but if not I'll foster and have family support in helping give a kid or two a home they deserve to have.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Somewhere between organic and phoenix.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    When I was much younger:
    The Trailblazer: A woman who knows married life is not for her, so she's trying to break a new kind of path to happiness.

When I was single in my mid twenties:
    The Free Spirit: She worries that she can only have one or the other — her independence or a committed relationship. (And she thinks the former is better.)

Now that I have a boyfriend I plan to be with forever:
    The Organic: She prefers to leave things up to destiny and live her own life rather than hunting for men in any methodical or calculated way.

So basically, I went from and "I'm never getting married! Marriage is for people who can't do anything interesting with their lives!" mindset, to a "Oh man, I can either have an interesting life or get married...I guess I'll stay single for ever" to a "Well, now I found the right guy, so I guess I'll just go with the flow and if we get married, we get married".
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • helloyellowbirdhelloyellowbird Banned Posts: 1,632Banned Users
    The organic & free spirit
    eIZWI.gif
    :love10:
  • CurlyCurliesCurlyCurlies Posts: 1,641Registered Users
    The Organic.

Actually, that little blurb describes a lot of other areas of my life, too, although sometimes I do wish I were more aggressive in getting the things that I want. I just don't enjoy being stressed out, so I often opt for the more peaceful & drama-free path.
    33abhqq.gif
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    Organic/Someday Mom
  • kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    we gotta lot of organics in here..... Nice :thumbup:
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    Princess in waiting or none.

Town rebel? me and maybe 4 other girls are the only ones from my graduating class who don't have kids already.:laughing2: (I'm 20!!!)
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    The Organic resonates the most by far. I really like a good friend of mine, so sometimes I feel like the Princess in Waiting, but it's illogical. He's not taking his royal time. We're on two different paths and it's healthiest to acknowledge they may never meet up. 90% Organic, 10% princess in parallel universe from possible prince :blackeye:

It just has never seemed right to hunt for men in a methodical or calculated way. Letting it happen, yet certainly being open and alert to opportunities feels natural.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • blackguitargirlblackguitargirl Posts: 492Registered Users
    Organic with some Town Tebel and Free Spirit as well. I'm kinda just doing my own thing right now. I've never been one to chase a man, mostly because I get nervous and shy. Case in point, I was @ Marshall's today and saw this cute guy and inside of smiling when he looked in my direction, I just kinda stared right back and shuffled off to the dressing room to try on some shirts.

I figure I'll meet someone that I really like at some point. Right now I'm more worried about working and my side projects.
    4a/4b
    last relaxer dec. 2007
    BC dec 29, 2008
    :headbang: 4 years natural!
    Music blog :hiding:
    Writing blog
    My Book: The Lost King
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I'm a moderate organic-soulmate!
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The Someday Mom/Slow and Steady
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I know someone who is a soulmate seeker and a princess in waiting, but mosty she is a late bloomer.
    Late bloomer to the extreme. It has to be seen to be believed. She has literally arrested her development at finishing college. She likes a guy, but instead of taking it to the next level (talking to him, going out on a date), she stalks the guy and takes any and every mundane action or hint of attention as a come on or an expression of love.:silent:

It's.....really unhealthy to say the least.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm definitely in "phoenix" mode right now.

The Phoenix: A woman who recently had a painful breakup and is doing everything she can to rise from the ashes in better shape.
  • wonderdiana - shopaholic takes a napwonderdiana - shopaholic takes a nap Posts: 1,728Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Probably the ritual reinventor.
    2C/3A -- wurly!
  • OnduleeOndulee Posts: 1,305Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    90% Organic-The Organic: She prefers to leave things up to destiny and live her own life rather than hunting for men in any methodical or calculated way.

10% Trailblazer-The Trailblazer: A woman who knows married life is not for her, so she's trying to break a new kind of path to happiness.

I waffle back and forth between these two. Right now I'm in Trailblazer mode.
    shoulder length bob; fine; 3A-3B; thin density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; needs moisturizing products and hates oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file