I'm sure you've all been waiting for these...

plunkybugplunkybug Registered Users Posts: 2,526
Wedding pics! Sorry it has been so long.I only have 4, because I frakked up with my Picassa upload and deleted a bunch on accident. Oops! Luckily, these 4 are pretty good (but pardon the weird look on my face in the first one). :)

5035399514_7245571563.jpg

5034779221_45cfcc5000.jpg

5034779113_fc6436a289.jpg

5034778975_b048972211.jpg

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

Comments

• pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    Wow. That is some really impressive hair. Glad it worked for the wedding. It is always nice to have pretty hair when you see people you don't see often. Love the perfectly formed spirals in the front.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • leonita poraleonita pora Registered Users Posts: 175
    I agree! Really pretty!
    Fia: 2b-2c/Fine-Medium/iii (Thick)
    Low-Poo: Giovanni 50/50 Balanced Shampoo, Shampoo bars
    Co-Wash: Trader Joe's Refresh, CJ Daily Fix, CFT Creamy Curl Cleanser
    Rinse-out: Trader Joe's Nourish, GFTN, Aubrey Organics GPB
    Leave-in/Curl Creme: Marie Dean Curly Styling Creme
    Gel: BRHG, homemade FSG, CJ Curl Queen, Deva AnGel
    Hair likes: Protein, FSG, high dewpoints
    Hair dislikes: coconut oil on dry hair
  • plunkybugplunkybug Registered Users Posts: 2,526
    Thanks guys, I was really nervous of how it was gonna turn out. I was lucky I stumbled on a few styling techniques in the few weeks prior.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• IAgirlIAgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,540 Curl Neophyte
    plunkybug wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I was really nervous of how it was gonna turn out. I was lucky I stumbled on a few styling techniques in the few weeks prior.

PLUNKYBUG! Such pretty hair and it goes so nicely with your outfit. I hope you felt great about yourself.
    But "I stumbled on a few styling techniques"?!!!! You're such a tease!
    Would you mind sharing those tips with the rest of the class? How did you get those spirals?
    You really did such a lovely job with your hair.
    IAgirl wrote: »

PLUNKYBUG! Such pretty hair and it goes so nicely with your outfit. I hope you felt great about yourself.
    But "I stumbled on a few styling techniques"?!!!! You're such a tease!
    Would you mind sharing those tips with the rest of the class? How did you get those spirals?
    You really did such a lovely job with your hair.

My semi super soaking (twice...once after curl enhancers before plopping and once after adding gel and second plop) and smasters.

• IAgirlIAgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,540 Curl Neophyte

My semi super soaking (twice...once after curl enhancers before plopping and once after adding gel and second plop) and smasters.

Ooooh, the Plunkybug Tennessee Wedding (guest) Hair flowchart: curl enhancer...supersoak...plop...gel...supersoak...plop...smasters.

There's nobody around here who will think I've gone off the deep end if I try doing all that.

Maybe you've invented a new technique.
  • justajesuschickjustajesuschick Registered Users Posts: 1,657 Curl Neophyte
    SUCH beautiful, perfect spirals!! You looked beautiful!!
    I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
    2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
    CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
    Condition: DevaCurl OC
    LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
    Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
    Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
    Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM
  • curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Registered Users Posts: 1,180
    yay! very pretty hair plunky... hair envy for sure :D (love the length too!)
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
    IAgirl wrote: »

Ooooh, the Plunkybug Tennessee Wedding (guest) Hair flowchart: curl enhancer...supersoak...plop...gel...supersoak...plop...smasters.

There's nobody around here who will think I've gone off the deep end if I try doing all that.

Maybe you've invented a new technique.

To expand, I used SS MCS (I can't wait to actually buy some since my testers are low) and I used SS CC as my rinse out and SS RPT as a leave in...I didn't bring my BS Cottonseed Curl Boost and the RPT was in a travel sized bottle. I probably used SS CEJ too. I can't recall my gel, but it was probably HEBE or some of my diluted Curls Goddess Gel. I think I might have used a touch of BRHG too..I have a small trial bottle so it was easy to pack, and I was worried about the humidity.

Here's my reasoning for the double super soak...I do it after product application as I often have to rake the curl enhancers and/or gel in, due to the length of my hair, but I also do it with the intention of it helping to distribute the product better. It's more for the clumping. My method of super soaking isn't quite like the video. I put my enhancers and/or gel in, usually with my hair upside down, then I turn on either the sink faucet or tub faucet on, and scrunch in the palmfuls of water there...with my head upside down still. I do it like this because I find it is less messy, and I go pretty straight into a plop, so I'm already in the position. Scrunching in palmfuls of water = me cupping my hands, filling them with water from the tap, lowering my hair into it, and scrunching. I might get better/more clumping all over (and higher) if I did it right side up, but frankly, it is sooo messy that way. I don't have a denman or fine tooth comb to try it Rudee's way completely.

Also, I do it this way as many people find that adding the gel to soaking wet hair makes it take longer to dry because it traps the water inside the gel as it hardens. Many wavies find that adding the gel after curl enhancers and plopping helps overall. YMMV as they say.

My smasters method...I wet my hands, add a tiny bit of gel and scrunch in, then wet my hands and scrunch, and continue that way til my hands aren't sticky. Drying before is on low speed and warm heat, and high heat afterward.

HTH

I didn't spot them as being from the wedding because these are ones I took after I put my jimjams on. But I can tell it was the hotel room because of the lamp in the corner.

5046486880_245b182148.jpg

5046486830_51df1d0be1.jpg

5045865081_ff04857d75.jpg

Hopefully I'll have more professional ones to share at some point.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file