Seeking Help

just curlsjust curls Posts: 20Registered Users
delete

Comments

• OceanjewelOceanjewel Posts: 9Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't honestly know if this stuff will help you or not, but I use skin care products from a small company called Amazon Drops. For me they have been hydrating without causing acne or irritating my sensitive skin.
    I also started washing my face after conditioning my hair because I was getting breakouts around my hairline.
    Hope that helps and that you can find a solution to your problem!
  • just curlsjust curls Posts: 20Registered Users
    delete
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm awfully sorry. I don't know what to suggest, but I had terrible acne when I was younger so I understand what it is like.

I hope it improves soon!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Have you tried jojoba oil to moisturize? It's very light, non-comedogenic and available at Whole Foods, trader joe's and probably other places as well.

I also like Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3 in 1 Hydrating Acne Treatment. It seems to treat current blemishes without overly drying the skin. It also helps to prevent new breakouts - although I haven't found anything to be 100% effective.

I'd also recommend seeing a dermatologist if you've got insurance.

Good luck - acne is horrible and it seems as if everyone responds differently to the treatment options which really complicates finding an effective solution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• just curlsjust curls Posts: 20Registered Users
    delete
    just curls wrote: »
    2poodles wrote: »
    Have you tried jojoba oil to moisturize? It's very light, non-comedogenic and available at Whole Foods, trader joe's and probably other places as well.

I also like Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control 3 in 1 Hydrating Acne Treatment. It seems to treat current blemishes without overly drying the skin. It also helps to prevent new breakouts - although I haven't found anything to be 100% effective.

I'd also recommend seeing a dermatologist if you've got insurance.

Good luck - acne is horrible and it seems as if everyone responds differently to the treatment options which really complicates finding an effective solution.

I have not tried jojoba oil, but I read a lot about it on here. The next time I'm at the nearest Trader Joe's I plan on purchasing it. I have been using the tea tree oil on my current cysts and it seems to be fighting them off decently. Have you tried any of the desert essence products at trader's joes besides the oils? I am curious about the cleanser, but worried it may be to drying and not remove makeup.

No I have only tried Desert Essence jojoba oil. I use CeraVe for cleansing, and am very happy with it.
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• EmerwenEmerwen Posts: 138Registered Users
    I have not tried this, but I was just reading this thread. Maybe it would interest you: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=69399
    Hair type: 3a, med-low porosity, decent elasticity, thin, med-fine. (I think)

Hair Routine:
    Low-poo: Burt's Bee's Pomegranate and Soy
    Co-wash: V05 Kiwi Clarifying Conditioner, Condish: V05 Kiwi Clarifying Conditioner, Giovanni TTTT, honey
    Leave In: GVP Conditioning Balm
    Styling: Biotera Curl Cream, Sweet Almond Oil
    Techniques: Icequeen method

Hair likes: GVP CB, Biotera Curl Cream, Almond Oil (when wet).
    Hair dislikes: gel, plopping.

Hair Goal: Healthy, soft, defined, waist length curls!

Emerwen wrote: »
    I have not tried this, but I was just reading this thread. Maybe it would interest you: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=69399

I have read that thread, thanks. I prefer a simpler approach to skin care - and mine is working well these days, so I'm not gonna change what's not broken! :toothy4:

• caramix3acaramix3a Posts: 462Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    to justcurls:
    Don't try to go this alone any more - a good dermatologist could set you on the right products for your skin condition to start turning this around. Don't listen to people(who usually have clear skin)tell you that will go away in a few years - in some cases, it doesn't, and then one has spent some more years being very unhappy with one's skin! Usually stuff like cystic acne needs stronger treatment than is available over the counter. You might have to have a prescription product, along with a very simple routine built around the main product(or two)to be on for a good while. Forking it over to the derm might sound like a lot, but one can also spend lots of money on stuff that doesn't work too, where one could have been working on one's skin with professionally recommended products. Not all are expensive either. Derms often do recommend simple drugstore products to supplement the main treatment product(s). Hope this helps, and best of luck towards clear skin!
  • EmerwenEmerwen Posts: 138Registered Users
    2poodles wrote: »
    Emerwen wrote: »

I have read that thread, thanks. I prefer a simpler approach to skin care - and mine is working well these days, so I'm not gonna change what's not broken! :toothy4:
    I agree. That, and I'm in the dorms right now, and I don't have the space to do a bunch of concoctions. Just having some oils is hard enough since I have little storage.

Just Curls: I've been battling acne for a while now, and I'd tried a bunch of stuff. I recently began using Kiss My Face olive oil soap, and it has been helping reduce redness and soreness a lot. I also modified the Oil Cleansing Method (only tried this once, so not sure how well it works normally) and used Sweet Almond oil and Jojaba oil. as for moisturizer, I tossed mine out and have just been using jojaba and almond, and my face has been so much nicer! Now, I've only been doing this for about a week or so, but I have noticed improvement.
    Hair type: 3a, med-low porosity, decent elasticity, thin, med-fine. (I think)

Hair Routine:
    Low-poo: Burt's Bee's Pomegranate and Soy
    Co-wash: V05 Kiwi Clarifying Conditioner, Condish: V05 Kiwi Clarifying Conditioner, Giovanni TTTT, honey
    Leave In: GVP Conditioning Balm
    Styling: Biotera Curl Cream, Sweet Almond Oil
    Techniques: Icequeen method

Hair likes: GVP CB, Biotera Curl Cream, Almond Oil (when wet).
    Hair dislikes: gel, plopping.

Hair Goal: Healthy, soft, defined, waist length curls!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file