DevaCurl OneCondition Formula Change???

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this:

I just bought a new bottle of DevaCurl OneCondition at ULTA. The first change is that they no longer sell the large bottle with the pump, which I don't like. Even worse, they have changed the shape of the top of the bottle so I can't even put the pump from my last bottle on the new one. Then I used the product, and it seemed much thinner than usual, and I had to use more product to properly coat my hair. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

Comments

• followmeskyfollowmesky Posts: 287Registered Users
    I started being a fan of deva early last year. I started off with the regular bottles and my hair just loved it.

A few months a go, my friend while in NYC got me a huge bottle of the no poo , one cond and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-Arc-AnGell-p-567.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-arc-angell]arc angel[/buylink].
    To my surprise my hair did not behave the same way it did . This is when I did some searching and found out they changed their formula. I can't remember where I read it but it was determined that's why my hair was not reacting to it as it first did. They changed their formula. There's a new deva out and few people are aware of it. Not fair.
    3b/C with nicer curls on the bottom!
    Hair: naturally very dry and VERY porous
    hair seems to be moody.
    Does not seem to like oils
    Does not like protein or too much?
    Does not like rich products

So, I ask myself. What does it like? That is the question, and I'm on a mission.
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,313Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    do a search on this site, there are many threads about this!

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • SimonGodOfHairdosSimonGodOfHairdos Posts: 5Registered Users
    So glad it's not just me. I guess I was lucky; maybe my ULTA had a ton of the older conditioner in stock? I didn't get the new formula until a few weeks ago.

I started being a fan of deva early last year. I started off with the regular bottles and my hair just loved it.

A few months a go, my friend while in NYC got me a huge bottle of the no poo , one cond and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-Arc-AnGell-p-567.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-arc-angell]arc angel[/buylink].
    To my surprise my hair did not behave the same way it did . This is when I did some searching and found out they changed their formula. I can't remember where I read it but it was determined that's why my hair was not reacting to it as it first did. They changed their formula. There's a new deva out and few people are aware of it. Not fair.
  • SimonGodOfHairdosSimonGodOfHairdos Posts: 5Registered Users
    Thanks, RBB! I did do an initial search, but didn't turn up anything. I guess I was using the wrong terms. I searched again and found the whole kerfuffle! :) I'm just sad that I need to find a new conditioner; finding my current products took almost a year of trial and error.
    rbb wrote: »
    do a search on this site, there are many threads about this!
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,313Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i can tell you the conditioners that work for me, and the old one condition was my hg!
    i started with curl junkie curl rehab, using it as a dt, rinse out and leave in. also beauticurls conditioner was okay. i don't use all of the curl junkie products as i avoid guar hc, which some of them have. but curl junkie is a great place to start. she sells sample packets, or you can get samples from kathymack.
    the conditioner that is now my hg is spiral solutions deeply decadent treatment. altho it is a dt, i use it as dt, rinse out and leave in. love this stuff. it has literally transformed my hair and made it worth losing one c!!

i think many people here would agree that both curl junkie and spiral solutions have quality products and are a good way to start. also, you don't use anywhere near the amounts you needed to use with deva, so be aware of that good thing.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file