Any Good Natural/Curl/Ethnic Stylists in Nor Cal?

PipRosiPipRosi Registered Users Posts: 44 Curl Novice
Just asked in 3C, asking here too. I BC'd months ago myself and now I'd like to brave a stylist to get the back more even with the rest and make sure I got most of the split ends off, but I'm in the middle of nowhere up on the Nor Cal coast and I have no idea how I'll find someone that understands curly (and "mixed") hair and won't destroy it or cut too much/cut it in some dorky shape. I'm trying to be careful because this is twice now I've ruined my hair and had to chop it. (first with relaxer, then with neglect/buns every day, due to being stuck at home w/ no reason to care for it) I've really found my hair responds best to the most natural approach, doesn't like to be messed with, so I just massage some super simple natural stuff (like dr. bronner's) in my scalp every few days and finish with cold water. So! anyone know of good hair stylists for me in Nor Cal?

Comments

• blackguitargirlblackguitargirl Registered Users Posts: 492
    I'm from Norcal (live in the central valley). Unfortunately, I don't know of any natural stylists. I wish I did though :(
    4a/4b
    last relaxer dec. 2007
    BC dec 29, 2008
    :headbang: 4 years natural!
    Music blog :hiding:
    Writing blog
    My Book: The Lost King
  • PipRosiPipRosi Registered Users Posts: 44 Curl Novice
    Well at this point I suppose I'd settle for anyone that knows CGs *sigh* Last place I went to the (blk) lady out of the blue after I thought we were done says "so I'll straighten it now?" lol

Eh I'm just most scared of the scissor happy freaks, because I already went to town on the top of my head (where the dreaded bun resided). The worst thing about my kinda hair is its inconsistency, one day I piss it off, it frizzes up and I think "ok better go shave my head, might go punk, try a magenta mohawk!" then of course the next day it's all sunshine and rainbows, bouncy ringlets playing all innocent :angel12: (that's what happened before but I really think my new routine & taking regular care but keeping natural is working. I want to condition it in braids/twists like the old days but I don't know how to hold them w/o bands & I'm scared of bands now lol)
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Registered Users Posts: 2,584 Curl Neophyte
    California is a huge state, what part of northern CA are you speaking of? Bay Area? Eureka? LOL
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • blackguitargirlblackguitargirl Registered Users Posts: 492
    PipRosi wrote: »
    Well at this point I suppose I'd settle for anyone that knows CGs *sigh* Last place I went to the (blk) lady out of the blue after I thought we were done says "so I'll straighten it now?" lol

Eh I'm just most scared of the scissor happy freaks, because I already went to town on the top of my head (where the dreaded bun resided). The worst thing about my kinda hair is its inconsistency, one day I piss it off, it frizzes up and I think "ok better go shave my head, might go punk, try a magenta mohawk!" then of course the next day it's all sunshine and rainbows, bouncy ringlets playing all innocent :angel12: (that's what happened before but I really think my new routine & taking regular care but keeping natural is working. I want to condition it in braids/twists like the old days but I don't know how to hold them w/o bands & I'm scared of bands now lol)

Maybe try getting some ouchless bands? Or looking for ones without seams. I feel you on the bands=scary thing. Lol @ that stylist. My mom asked me recently what I was going to do with my hair. I was like :-?. All I can suggest is try and find a routine that your hair seems to like. It takes time to figure out what your hair needs and doesn't need. I 'm just barely getting my routine down and I'm 1 year and 9 months in. Good luck :thumbup:
    California is a huge state, what part of northern CA are you speaking of? Bay Area? Eureka? LOL

Yeah, Nor Cal is pretty diverse, lol. <3 the bay area. Being stuck in the central valley can be rather lame.
    4a/4b
    last relaxer dec. 2007
    BC dec 29, 2008
    :headbang: 4 years natural!
    Music blog :hiding:
    Writing blog
    My Book: The Lost King

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file