THICK 2a,2b hair, products recommended

fxcxgfxcxg Registered Users Posts: 11
((new here kind of)) so i have 2a, 2b hair, and it has little wave to it but when it dries its soooo thick and its very coarse!! i dont thin it out due to the frizz i get naturally is enough i dont want extra..

prodcuts recommended for 2a-2b hair does NOTHING to my hair... im getting really frustrated sometimes i just wana shave my head or buy a wig!!! i know its bad but i straighten it just to keep it tame!!!

please recommend me something for my hair, im thinking i can use products for thick 3c, 4a hair maybe???

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!

(n.b. i dont have 2c,3a,3b hair, if my hair was "thin and fine" itd be like having straight hair in general with little wave, i have NO curl in my hair just wave!!! )

Comments

• pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    Coarse hair generally likes oils and butters and products that contain them.
    Try Garnier fructice triple nutrition, aubrey organics honeysuckle and rose for moisturizing conditioners.
    You may also like butters to scrunch out the crunch. Sprial solutions emollience or botticelli botanicals (the butter) have some that might work for you. Kathymack has emollience samples and I think BB website has samples too. I believe the BB products work well for coarse hair.
    I *think* [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] works for your hair type as well.
    I have the opposite hair type, so my recommendations are based on what I remember from what I have read.

What products have you tried and what didn't you like about them? That might help us point you in the right direction.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Registered Users Posts: 2,251 Curl Neophyte
    Your hair sounds similar to mine. I have very thick hair with just a little natural wave.

If you share what your current routine is and what has and hasn't worked for you I might be able to help more!
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Registered Users Posts: 1,731 Curl Neophyte
    I actually really like the way super-thick, coarse hair looks when it's straightened. Sorry, I know that's not helpful! But it is my favorite kind of straight hair.

For wearing it wavy, I think you should consider long layers - I have a daughter with thick & coarse 2A hair and she did not like to straighten (none of us do) and I cut her hair into layers, it makes it look wavier and the very loose waves are so beautiful, rock-star looking. She likes [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink], and other low-to-medium hold gels that leave her hair flexible. She washes, conditions well, combs through gel, and scrunches lightly.
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • WavyJanetWavyJanet Registered Users Posts: 105
    We thick-haired ladies are in a minority on curl talk! My favorite product is Kinky Curly Curling Custard.

If you want to tame your hair, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle is great, and it smells good, too. It has some kind of silicone in it, but it is water-soluble and shouldn't build up on your hair.
    Hair type: normal texture, thick, wavy, low porosity, normal elasticity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file