Aphogee

09robiha09robiha Registered Users Posts: 683
My hair has become a protein eating monster!! I have tried SS RPT and it was too moisturising. It will probably beacome a rinse out tbh. I think i need something hard core! and was wondering if any 2's had tried this?? Whats the best way to apply it?? and how do I make it CG...just not use the second part?
Mixture of 2c/3a curls, fine to med texture

:love5: PROTEIN LOVER!!! :love5:

Wishing my hair would be more like this
> :angel13:
and less like this
> :evil5:

Comments

• pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    I haven't used it, but here is laura lee's blog post on it.
    http://dormroomcurly.blogspot.com/2009/10/fall-is-here-and-deep-treatments.html
    I believe that the 2nd step has mineral oil (allowed in CG, but many avoid it). If you skip the second step and use your own DT you should be OK.
    There were a few people around last year who used this once in a while. One used it on a regular basis. She needed a ridiculous amount of protein. I can't think of anyone currently using this off the top of my head.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • sweety10189110sweety10189110 Registered Users Posts: 129 Curl Neophyte
    I have used it a couple of times. Both times it really perked up my waves and curls. The first time I used it I used the 2nd step with it and didn't notice any horrible effects on my hair. The second time I used JCWDT as my DT after the 1st step. I applied it while leaning over into the tub. It is a tad bit runny so be prepared. I just took handfulls and dumped it on my head and raked through till all my hair was covered in it. Since I don't have a hooded dryer I just used my diffuser till it dried. Once it dries all the way your going to feel like you have full on helmet head lol. But it rinses out really easy in the shower. HTH!!!!
    Mod CG since 4/10
    Products being used ATM
    Wash: KCCC, CJDF, AOGPB
    Rinseout:: Tresemme Naturals
    Moisturizing and Volume, Yes to Cucumbers
    LI: Giovanni DLI, KCKT
    DT: CJH&BDF, CJCR
    Every Day Stylers: KCCC, AOMM, Biotera Curl Cream, CJCCCC-Lite, CJCIAB, CJCQ, LALGs
  • BradCountrygirlBradCountrygirl Registered Users Posts: 33
    Thank you for explaining how to use it! I just purchased some from Sally's last weekend and had no idea what to use to heat it! Will have to give it a shot this weekend :)
  • SaroyanSaroyan Registered Users Posts: 398
    As I posted in that thread, my hair is also a "protein eating monster." I needed to do the RPT two nights in a row with at least an hour of heat, leaving it in overnight afterward, with no deep conditioning, to even see a result. So even though I really shouldn't order more products, now I want to try the Aphogee. Let me know how it works for you!
    2a, very fine, very thick, protein-loving, not especially porous. cg since july 2010.

cleanse: cj daily fix, vo5 vanilla mint tea
    condition: marie dean anything, db pumpkin seed, cj curl assurance, cj beauticurls
    style: cj beauticurls leave-in, cj curl queen, cj cccc lite, kccc, homemade fsg, db coconut & hibiscus oil, ecostyler
    treatments: ss repairing protein, ss deeply decadent
    techniques: icequeen, plopping, scrunching upside down, pixie diffusing
  • SaroyanSaroyan Registered Users Posts: 398
    Also, CJ is supposed to be releasing a heavy-duty PT in November, but I don't know exactly how "hardcore" it'll be.
    2a, very fine, very thick, protein-loving, not especially porous. cg since july 2010.

cleanse: cj daily fix, vo5 vanilla mint tea
    condition: marie dean anything, db pumpkin seed, cj curl assurance, cj beauticurls
    style: cj beauticurls leave-in, cj curl queen, cj cccc lite, kccc, homemade fsg, db coconut & hibiscus oil, ecostyler
    treatments: ss repairing protein, ss deeply decadent
    techniques: icequeen, plopping, scrunching upside down, pixie diffusing
  • pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    BradCountrygirl
    Thank you for explaining how to use it! I just purchased some from Sally's last weekend and had no idea what to use to heat it! Will have to give it a shot this weekend :icon_smile:
    I think most people who don't have a hard hat dryer at home use a regular blow dryer.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file