What were your very first pregnancy symptoms?

JordaniaBabeJordaniaBabe Posts: 22Registered Users
Hi everybody-
I'm thinking I might be pregnant, but I'm not 100% certain. I'd rather hold off on taking a test until I'm certain I need one, but I just wanted to get some input:

What were everybody else's earliest signs of pregnancy, besides the missed period?
How early did these symptoms hit?
How long did you wait before taking an at-home test, if one was taken at all?

I'm worried because I'm only 19, and although my boyfriend and I are always careful, this last time the condom broke. I'm not sure if I'm just stressing myself out too much and causing a late period (it's only two days late, and I've started late before) or if something is really happening in there.

Any advice would be great!

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Every time I've been pregnant, my first symptoms were slight cramps...I felt like my period was about to start, but it never showed up.

I've found the best way to bring on a wayward period is to spend $10 on a pregnancy test. Go get a test and find out for sure.
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Every time I've been pregnant, I've also felt like my period was about to start, but a little more intense than usual. The difference was slight though- I didn't even notice it with my first pregnancy until after I had already figured out I was pregnant (about 2 weeks after I missed my period :roll: )

You can usually test pretty accurately as soon as you miss your period if not a couple of days before, so I would get a test. After the first time, I always bought a two pack so that I could test again in a couple of days if I got a negative and my period didn't come. And RCW is right, spending money on the test does seem to encourage your period to come.
  • StarrwithoutniteStarrwithoutnite Posts: 1,732Registered Users
    My first symptom was a possitive test :) I honestly didnt feel any different (boobs hurt, but they always do before my period) and its 3 weeks later and Im now starting to feel the symptons, tired ALL the time, boobs hurt like an SOB, stomach is never happy, if I eat anything at all its cranky.

I agree with the others, just take the test, its the best way to bring on your period. The dollar store has them that is just as good as the normal grocery store ones (not the 5 days early ones).
    "Someday love will find you...break those chains that bind you!!"

XIJ2VeH.jpgXIJ2m8.png

• JordaniaBabeJordaniaBabe Posts: 22Registered Users
    Thanks all :) I think I'll go buy a test tomorrow. Better safe than sorry!
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users

I've found the best way to bring on a wayward period is to spend $10 on a pregnancy test. Go get a test and find out for sure.

basically. and even if this test shows up negative, i'd recommend testing again next month. when i was pregnant with my daughter, my pregnancy test came up negative that first month and i even got a fake period. the second month is when a pregnancy test finally showed up positive.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    With my son, I had spotting and sharp cramping 9 days after ovulation and the next day, my breasts leaked colostrum. I got a positive test 12 days after ovulation.

With this pregnancy, I didn't have as many obvious symptoms, but I just knew - something felt vaguely "off."

With both of them, I "just knew."

Sore breasts, nausea, cramping (other than that one day with my son) and fatigue didn't kick in until at least a few days past the positive test for me, but I also tested pretty early and I have a short period of time between ovulation and my period anyway.

A lot of people are not feeling much when they are only 2 days late (assuming you actually are "late.") If you really are 2 days late, a pregnancy test will be highly accurate and you don't even have to wait till morning to take it. Even if you have symptoms, it's possible they are PMS, as early pregnancy symptoms and PMS feel really alike for a lot of people. Symptoms are not a very reliable way to tell if you are pregnant, even though we all wonder about them - tak a test.

If you are not pregnant and wanting to prevent this type of thing in the future, there are a few options:

-you can use something besides condoms (if not the Pill, then maybe some spermicide gel or something. Even if you go on the Pill you may want to still use condoms for back-up / disease control.)

-read Taking Charge of Your Fertility and learn how to tell when you are actually fertile (if you don't go on the Pill) - you should still be using protection in your situation and not wholly relying on natural family planning, but at least you'll know when you have the greatest chance of getting pregnant and you can either abstain or make sure you are careful with protection

-find out how to get the "morning after" Pill and get it ASAP - the longer you wait, the less effective it is.

-consider if a sexual relationship at this age is worth the stress and worry.

Good luck!

If you are pregnant, find a trusted older adult you can talk to about what to do next. But I hope you are not and that this will be a helpful learning experience.

Also, I should add that, while sometimes it is easy and just seems to happen, for most women, it's not as easy/automatic as you think to get pregnant. Even a really young woman like you who has no reproductive health issues has something like a 25% chance of getting pregant per cycle IF you have sex in the fertile period multiple times, which you may not have done. For me, I got pregnant rather quickly but with a lot of planning and charting. I think it's fairly rare to just get pregnant the first time the condom breaks, although we've all heard the stories because they seem so shocking. I don't say this to say that you shouldn't be careful because of course there is always a chance and you should always assume that pregnancy is a possibility, but you shouldn't assume the worst either until you know for sure.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file