:-( at a loss... help? :-(

:disgust: so... sheamoisture left me greasy and stringy... [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink] was building up a lot, anything and everything from the store has failed, fsg didn't do anything, and now komaza cocount curl pudding i for some reason cannot get to work for me... i'm thinking about giving up and getting straight hair...sigh:sad2:
~3b~fine~long~porous

<3's - protein and moisture :love8:

*growing it out to mid-thigh length*

Comments

• MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Can you post pics and list specifically how you wash and style (what techniques, order, etc). The more detail you can give, the better people can help you.

I have hair similar to yours in properties (3b, fine, porous) and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink] works great on me, but I always alternate. I never use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink] more than 2x in a row. I have al ot of allergies, so I just learn to rotate so I don't build up a sensitivity. I rotate SS, BB, CJ, and AG products (and occasionally throw in some Joico, Brocato, Eulucence, and Abba Pure Style)

Have you looked for people with your hair properties and read about their products and techniques.

Also, what does your hair look like just washed and well-conditioned? Nobody says you have to use anything beyond that. It's all extra. The imporratant thing is cleanliness and moisture.. :) Several curlies just do that, nothing complicated.

I do strongly recommend you post pics (ideally from more than one angle), because as you can imagine, visualizing what you consider unsuitable/unaesthetic might strike someone else as just fine. Or someone may be able to say, "Oh, yeah, my hair looked like that and then I did X and it fixed the issue."

Never know.

And, of course, asking the question: What is it that drove you to try a variation of CG to begin with? I mean, if you were perfectly satisfied before, you wouldn't have begun this journey, right?

I don't think the only alternative is "go straight", though you can, sure. If you were totally happy with straightening your hair before, no reason why you won't be again. I liked my hair straighter fine. I just feel more "myself" curly. And I was tired of being afraid to get my hair damp in the rain (sproing). Now, I don't care if I get rained on. :D

BTW, what do you mean by [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink] built up? I never had issue with it myself, ,so I was curious.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Have you tried any aloe based styling products like AOMM, FOTE AVG, DOC (and the whare house generic0, SS CEJ, SS FHG (not aloe based, but contains aloe), and others that aren't popping into my head? Aloe based stuff seems to work well for many people with fine hair.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • italiancurlsitaliancurls Posts: 65Registered Users
    MirCurls wrote: »
    Can you post pics and list specifically how you wash and style (what techniques, order, etc). The more detail you can give, the better people can help you.

I have hair similar to yours in properties (3b, fine, porous) and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink] works great on me, but I always alternate. I never use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink] more than 2x in a row. I have al ot of allergies, so I just learn to rotate so I don't build up a sensitivity. I rotate SS, BB, CJ, and AG products (and occasionally throw in some Joico, Brocato, Eulucence, and Abba Pure Style)

Have you looked for people with your hair properties and read about their products and techniques.

Also, what does your hair look like just washed and well-conditioned? Nobody says you have to use anything beyond that. It's all extra. The imporratant thing is cleanliness and moisture.. :) Several curlies just do that, nothing complicated.

I do strongly recommend you post pics (ideally from more than one angle), because as you can imagine, visualizing what you consider unsuitable/unaesthetic might strike someone else as just fine. Or someone may be able to say, "Oh, yeah, my hair looked like that and then I did X and it fixed the issue."

Never know.

And, of course, asking the question: What is it that drove you to try a variation of CG to begin with? I mean, if you were perfectly satisfied before, you wouldn't have begun this journey, right?

I don't think the only alternative is "go straight", though you can, sure. If you were totally happy with straightening your hair before, no reason why you won't be again. I liked my hair straighter fine. I just feel more "myself" curly. And I was tired of being afraid to get my hair damp in the rain (sproing). Now, I don't care if I get rained on. :D

BTW, what do you mean by [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink] built up? I never had issue with it myself, ,so I was curious.

can't post pics now but will later. iv just been washing with komaza coconut shampoo then using the same rinse out and smoothing, raking, and then scrunching in a few egg sized blobs of the coconut curl pudding in. then i plop until its mostly dry and continue to let it air dry the rest of the way. recoil left residue on my hair that's all. my hair is so fine, thin, and porus... :sad5:
    ~3b~fine~long~porous

• italiancurlsitaliancurls Posts: 65Registered Users
    pedaheh wrote: »
    Have you tried any aloe based styling products like AOMM, FOTE AVG, DOC (and the whare house generic0, SS CEJ, SS FHG (not aloe based, but contains aloe), and others that aren't popping into my head? Aloe based stuff seems to work well for many people with fine hair.

oh really? i was thinking for some reason that fine haired curlies dont like it....hmm....thank you!!
    ~3b~fine~long~porous

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file