CHS Curl Keeper, fine haired 2s?

IAgirlIAgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,540 Curl Neophyte
I am thinking of buying some [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]CHS Curl Keeper[/buylink] but shipping is going to cost almost as much as a 4 oz. bottle, so I wanted some input specifically from wavies before I make that investment.

I find Ecostyler a bit heavy for me and loss of crunch means return of the silky-soft hair that does what it wants (as usual). I like it, but even diluted it's still a bit heavy.

FSG with some mag. sulfate added makes my waves tighter, but gives me stringy hair no matter what I try -- adding it when wet, when dry, when damp, doing super-soaker etc.

Can anybody recommend (or warn me away from) [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink]?

Why do you like it (or hate it)?

Comments

• pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    It probably won't be the magic solution, but have you tried mixing fsg and ecostyler? It might give you the best of both worlds. I use a mix of the two as a curl enhancer. It gives me the clumping of the ecostyler and the moisture of the fsg.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • IAgirlIAgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,540 Curl Neophyte
    Ooooh, (rubs hands gleefully) sounds like a snotty-feeling mess -- but I absolutely love the idea!

Thanks, Wavy Librarian! You rock!
  • cypressmomcypressmom Registered Users Posts: 236
    Im addicted to CK. I buy two liters at a time. :)
    CypressMom
    3A - I think!

I like to use, but not all at once: :)
    Wash: V05 Tea Therapy or CJ Daily Fix
    Condition: CJ Curl Rehab (apply as needed, not daily)
    Style: CCCC Lite, CIAB, and BRHG. KCCC is my #1 product
  • LogyLogy Registered Users Posts: 156 Curl Neophyte
    CK has worked well for me. I have a real mix of curls and waves. 3a, 2b,c. Seems to work well for all of them. No matter what products I use them with. Not a miracle product, but a really good product.
    54, mix of 3a, 2b,c, with the occasional straight strand thrown in to keep things interesting. Low porosity. Very fine!

HG: CJCF Never lets me down.
    Others I Like: DevaCurl One Co, CHSCK, Giovanni Smooth as Silk, SSDD, AnGel, DevaCurl No Poo, Elucence Moisture Balancing Condish, Curls Like Us towels.

"Still crazy after all these years" Paul Simon :nemo:
  • CurlykeyCurlykey Registered Users Posts: 1,540 Curl Novice
    cypressmom wrote: »
    Im addicted to CK. I buy two liters at a time. :)

Oh wow, 2 Litters!!!?? What do you use it with? I've been using it as well and really liking it. I'm trying to find which products it works best with. TIA.
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • IAgirlIAgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,540 Curl Neophyte
    2 liters is a LOT! Talk about customer loyalty. I wish Cypressmom had said why it is she likes it so much and whether or not she has fine hair!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file