I'm so lost, HELP!!!

ximenamtpximenamtp Posts: 2Registered Users
Hello everyone!!

I had been debating over becoming CG for months and two weeks ago I finally decided to give it a go. I've been reading so much it's been so overwhelming and I've been getting a little lost.

I am a 2b/c wavy with almost waist long layered hair. I have very thick and coarse dark blonde hair. I can't really say I've done too much damage to my hair since I didn't poo it daily or straighten/blow dry it often (once every two months at the most). However, I've always struggled with unbelievable amounts of frizz, oily scalp and dry ends. I cut my hair every two months because of my dry ends. The only way I could tame my hair if I wanted it to have it down with no heat styling was using Herbal Essences Extra Hold Mousse.

I live in Mexico so many CG friendly products listed in this site are nowhere to be found. I went shopping with a list of good/bad ingredients (my notes looked more like I was about to give a chemistry lesson) and bought The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Conditioner for my co-wash and Giovanni Deep Conditioning as leave in. I also bough Herbal Essences Totally Twisted gel for styling.

After my last clarifying poo I began with my routine. It's been 2 weeks and my hair looks and feels worst than ever. I've had to do 3 Baking Soda/ACV rinses to clear the buildup. I've done plopping, diffusing, air drying, applying the leave in and gel with my hair soaking wet before I plop then after I plop (always with an old t-shirt), etc.

I am getting a bit desperate, my hair feels dirty, eeky and i can't dare to run my fingers through it when it dries because of that wierd oily-but-super-dry feel. My ends are starting to split (I got a haircut 2 weeks ago). If i try to leave it down it gets unbelievably frizzy (worst than before). My scalp is really itchy and I really can't say I feel confortable going out with my head looking like I've been living in the jungle for 3 months.

The only thing that has made things a bit better is rinsing with cool water, specially if I do BS/ACV rinse. I feels a bit cleaner.

I really hope you could help me with new methods or just tell me if this is hopeless for me. I know that some people go through a rough transition phase but I haven't read anything describing a transition as horrible as mine.

This weekend I'm going to Mexico City and I'll shop for new CG friendly products, it's way easier to find imported products there.

Thanks so much!!
Hair: 2b/c
CG since: 09/2010
products: still searching

"Señores, los valientes no asesinan" -Guillermo Prieto-
Let's stop this war, stop buying drugs

Comments

• AsLckyGrlAsLckyGrl Posts: 188Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ximenamtp wrote: »
    Hello everyone!!

I had been debating over becoming CG for months and two weeks ago I finally decided to give it a go. I've been reading so much it's been so overwhelming and I've been getting a little lost.

I am a 2b/c wavy with almost waist long layered hair. I have very thick and coarse dark blonde hair. I can't really say I've done too much damage to my hair since I didn't poo it daily or straighten/blow dry it often (once every two months at the most). However, I've always struggled with unbelievable amounts of frizz, oily scalp and dry ends. I cut my hair every two months because of my dry ends. The only way I could tame my hair if I wanted it to have it down with no heat styling was using Herbal Essences Extra Hold Mousse.

I live in Mexico so many CG friendly products listed in this site are nowhere to be found. I went shopping with a list of good/bad ingredients (my notes looked more like I was about to give a chemistry lesson) and bought The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Conditioner for my co-wash and Giovanni Deep Conditioning as leave in. I also bough Herbal Essences Totally Twisted gel for styling.

After my last clarifying poo I began with my routine. It's been 2 weeks and my hair looks and feels worst than ever. I've had to do 3 Baking Soda/ACV rinses to clear the buildup. I've done plopping, diffusing, air drying, applying the leave in and gel with my hair soaking wet before I plop then after I plop (always with an old t-shirt), etc.

I am getting a bit desperate, my hair feels dirty, eeky and i can't dare to run my fingers through it when it dries because of that wierd oily-but-super-dry feel. My ends are starting to split (I got a haircut 2 weeks ago). If i try to leave it down it gets unbelievably frizzy (worst than before). My scalp is really itchy and I really can't say I feel confortable going out with my head looking like I've been living in the jungle for 3 months.

The only thing that has made things a bit better is rinsing with cool water, specially if I do BS/ACV rinse. I feels a bit cleaner.

I really hope you could help me with new methods or just tell me if this is hopeless for me. I know that some people go through a rough transition phase but I haven't read anything describing a transition as horrible as mine.

This weekend I'm going to Mexico City and I'll shop for new CG friendly products, it's way easier to find imported products there.

Thanks so much!!

-my 2 cents-

I dont agree with Baking Soda Rinses, as these are very Alkaline (vs acidic). The ACV is a good choice for shiny and even clean hair! Have you tried a honey and brown sugar scrub to clean, instead of BS/ACV? The honey is important for me because it moisturizes the scalp. I use coconut oil too.

Be sure you are not using 'cones, as the build up can cause the ickyness you may be experiencing. Also, sometimes switching to no poo can give people's scalps a rough transition... The scalp gets very oily and such with natural oil called Sebum. I hear this goes away quickly (1-2 weeks). For me it was minimal, but I'v never had oily hair... Always very very dry....

I hope this helps some. I wish others would chime in soon...
    3B ; BSL; Low Porosity; Med Texture; CG since July '10.
    Clean: Ever Sleek
    Treat: EVCO, Neutrogena 3xMoisture
    Tools: Boar Brush, wide tooth comb
    Styler: Garnier Sleek&Shine
  • ximenamtpximenamtp Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thank you so much for your advice!!! I will try out the honey and brown sugar scrub tomorrow morning. I'm trying out everything I find, so I'll let you know how it goes.

I've been reading a lot these past couple of days about oily scalp and low-poos. Would you recommend using a low-poo once a week just for my scalp and roots?

I think my Body Shop conditioner is waaaaay too thick. I found a VO5 today and I'm thinking of using the VO5 as co-wash, throw out the Body Shop conditioner and use the Giovanni just for conditioning.
    Hair: 2b/c
    CG since: 09/2010
    products: still searching

"Señores, los valientes no asesinan" -Guillermo Prieto-
    Let's stop this war, stop buying drugs
  • AsLckyGrlAsLckyGrl Posts: 188Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ximenamtp wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your advice!!! I will try out the honey and brown sugar scrub tomorrow morning. I'm trying out everything I find, so I'll let you know how it goes.

I've been reading a lot these past couple of days about oily scalp and low-poos. Would you recommend using a low-poo once a week just for my scalp and roots?

I think my Body Shop conditioner is waaaaay too thick. I found a VO5 today and I'm thinking of using the VO5 as co-wash, throw out the Body Shop conditioner and use the Giovanni just for conditioning.

Ive never used a lowpoo, but I have heard mixed reviews. One of my close friends said it dried out his hair, but a no poo was good for him. A lot of people here like them, though. I use a regular conditioning shampoo if I get buildup, but it's like once a month. I mainly just use conditioners and my brown sugar scrub.

I like using honey and brown sugar because they both rinse out so easily with water!! When I add oils, it makes it a bit harder to wash out, but the oil makes it very moisturizing. I hate getting the itchies!
    3B ; BSL; Low Porosity; Med Texture; CG since July '10.
    Clean: Ever Sleek
    Treat: EVCO, Neutrogena 3xMoisture
    Tools: Boar Brush, wide tooth comb
    Styler: Garnier Sleek&Shine
  • wgs520wgs520 Posts: 15Registered Users
    :happy3::happy2::love4:it dries because of that wierd oily-but-super-dry feel. My ends are starting to split (I got a haircut 2 weeks ago). If i try to leave it down it gets unbelievably frizzy (worst than before). My scalp is really itchy and I really can't say I feel confortable going out with my hea:tshirt:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file