95% natural but need help to get to 100%

MissCurlyMissCurly Registered Users Posts: 133
I have been transitioning for two years I would say by accident. My beautician started me by saying I only needed to relax my edges around the temples and lil in the back. So the middle part of my hair is 100% natural. Well I stopped relaxing my edges last summer, so its been basically a year since I have had any chemicals in my hair.

But my problem is every part of my hair is natural except this patch of hair in the front. I would say half of it is natural and the other half is completely straight and relaxed. I could chop off the relaxed ends but if I did then they would look like some crazy lookings bags because the patch isn't even. So it wouldn't look right in a curly style then when I straighten my hair with a flat iron to get a straight look ( which I like sometimes) it would look crazy straight too. Does this make sense?

I don't know what to do. This patch in the front is taking forever to grow out while the rest of my hair is completely natural. Anyone have any ideas or advice?
3c/4a Relaxer free since 04!

Comments

• life's hard for a curllife's hard for a curl Registered Users Posts: 89
    depending on where exactly and how much straight hair there is I would suggest combing it over on the side but still in the front like where a headband would normally be, and then clip it.
    I am a 3c reformed product junkie thanks to the economy.

I lurk a lot, I change my hair color a lot. It's currently black and bsl when wet and beyond my shoulders still when dry.

Now I will stop procrastinating and get back to what I was supposed to be doing before I got on here.

Any questions?
  • rubyloxxrubyloxx Registered Users Posts: 89 Curl Connoisseur
    have you tried pin curls on the relaxed part?
    3 b/c curls with bangs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file