Komaza Vs. SheaMoisture??

i ordered the komaza coconut curl sample pack and their protein treatment, and while at target i got sheamoisture shampoo, conditioner, and spray all for fine hair and their coconut hibiscus curling milk and smoothie. i shall try them tonight :) any thoughts on which line performs better? mainly enhances curl because the longer my hair gets the more i want that. i also ordered sheamoisture sheabutter leave in. thanks :)
~3b~fine~long~porous

<3's - protein and moisture :love8:

*growing it out to mid-thigh length*

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I was allergic to the Shea Moisture LI, so haven't tried any of the other products. I like the Kozama products. Probably like the Califia products better than the Coconut, except that I like both hair puddings. The Kozama is not a summer line for me. Another line you may want to look into is Marie Dean. I like it even better. http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=105725
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bouclesboucles Posts: 83Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Love, love, love, the Komaza Coconut Hair Pudding. I got a sample from Kathy Mack, tried it and ordered some from Komaza on Monday.

I'm getting consistent 3a curls that are shiny and defined. AMAZING!

3a/and that one odd straight hair! Medium iii. Low porosity. Likes protein once in a blue moon, but only followed by moisture. Hates glycerin.

• italiancurlsitaliancurls Posts: 65Registered Users
    kathymack wrote: »
    I was allergic to the Shea Moisture LI, so haven't tried any of the other products. I like the Kozama products. Probably like the Califia products better than the Coconut, except that I like both hair puddings. The Kozama is not a summer line for me. Another line you may want to look into is Marie Dean. I like it even better. http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=105725

thanks kathymack!! looks good, i may have to order some :D
    ~3b~fine~long~porous

boucles wrote: »
    Love, love, love, the Komaza Coconut Hair Pudding. I got a sample from Kathy Mack, tried it and ordered some from Komaza on Monday.

I'm getting consistent 3a curls that are shiny and defined. AMAZING!

wow that sounds awesome!! ill have to post a review when i get mine and try it out!! thank you :)
    ~3b~fine~long~porous

sheamoisture was a NO GO i repeat a NO GO!! lol.... my hair is sooo greasy/gunky/tacky with this stuff no matter how much or little i use :( im sad because i could really see the curls forming....my hair must love the moisture, but i cant stand the feeling.....:sad2:
    ~3b~fine~long~porous

kathymack, which would you say is more curl enhancing? donna marie miracurls, komaza puddings, or marie dean?
    ~3b~fine~long~porous

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte

kathymack, which would you say is more curl enhancing? donna marie miracurls, komaza puddings, or marie dean?

That's a difficult one. I mix them, so it's hard to tell. Today, I used the Donna Marie Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie (first time, had Lemon in the past), Kozama Califia Pudding and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Spiral-Spritz-p-915.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Kinky-Curly-Sprial-Spritz-Natural-Styling-Serum]KC Spiral Spritz[/buylink]. The temperature was around 90, the dewpoint in the mid 60's--I had tight, perfectly formed curls with nice volume and no crunch or frizz. It's been raining for a while and my hair still looks great!

I could probably mix and match just about any of the Marie Dean creams/puddings/mousse/yogurt smoothies/conditioners, either of the Kozama puddings and many of my jelly products with similar results.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's a difficult one. I mix them, so it's hard to tell. Today, I used the Donna Marie Strawberry Yogurt Smoothie (first time, had Lemon in the past), Kozama Califia Pudding and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Spiral-Spritz-p-915.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Kinky-Curly-Sprial-Spritz-Natural-Styling-Serum]KC Spiral Spritz[/buylink]. The temperature was around 90, the dewpoint in the mid 60's--I had tight, perfectly formed curls with nice volume and no crunch or frizz. It's been raining for a while and my hair still looks great!

I could probably mix and match just about any of the Marie Dean creams/puddings/mousse/yogurt smoothies/conditioners, either of the Kozama puddings and many of my jelly products with similar results.

hmm....so neither one really stands out as more curl enhancing than the other? :scratch: :dontknow: does anyone else know? lol
    ~3b~fine~long~porous

• asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well I've only tried the Komaza coconut pudding and the Donna Marie curling gelly (but have Marie Dean on the way!) and my hair definitely prefers the DM curling gelly by far! I get way better clumps and my hair is definitely wavy. My hair just went limp with the Komaza but I know a lot of curlies like it!
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file