Son Issue...

deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
lately my son (4) has been running around in public or at preschool grabbing his parts through his shorts.. I don't know if its a nervous habit or what. He doesn't do it all the time but I've caught him a few times a day.

We ask if he needs to go bathroom he says no.. we've checked him for rashes and such..

I can tell it makes the preschool teacher a bit nervous.

I tell him its okay to touch your parts but not to do in public and not to let anyone else touch you.. but gosh the boy is 4 its not like he pays attention that much

anyone else having this issue or had this issue?

D
Liam: 6 years old
Colin: 3 years old

Comments

• PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    I'm surprised the teacher seems phased by it, it sounds pretty normal to me. I'd keep doing what you're doing, just say it's OK to touch your private parts but only when you're alone, and maybe ask the teacher to say the same to him (privately, so as not to embarass him in front of his peers). I'm sure with enough repetition he'll get it eventually.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Boys all do that (many men too :roll:). It shouldn't phase an experienced pre-school teacher...but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be told to knock it off in public. It's mostly a habit that they need to learn to stop doing. I established a code word with each of my boys to let them know to stop holding their junk so that other people wouldn't know what we were talking about.
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    Not a big deal at all. Just remind him that we touch our privates in private.
  • Jenny CJenny C Posts: 1,195Registered Users
    Somehow it seems like it's more acceptable with boys. My husband gets freaked out because Sophia (almost 3) always seems to have her hand down her pants.

She's been doing it since she was a baby, but since we took her binky it's gotten much worse. If she's tired, she'll just lift her dress and stick her hand down her underpants, no matter where we are. I'm trying to be cool about it, and tell her she can only do it at home, but sometimes I do just yell at her to get her hand out of her pants!

It's normal, that's what I keep telling myself.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Boys all do that (many men too :roll:). It shouldn't phase an experienced pre-school teacher...but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be told to knock it off in public. It's mostly a habit that they need to learn to stop doing. I established a code word with each of my boys to let them know to stop holding their junk so that other people wouldn't know what we were talking about.

I think I should do this. I had nearly kicked DS of the public habit until he started hanging out with boys almost 2X his age. Now we have the "grab my crotch for masculinity thing" going on and I hate it. A code word could work.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm surprised the teacher is phased at all. I would try the code word like RCW said. I would say sometimes it's a phase...Chas goes through phases like this. I quietly just remove his hands...without saying anything if anybody is around.

Not to Guano but I do need a good book though right now about privates, Manners, ? Any suggestions?
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    My 2.5 y/o son is always touching his stuff when he is naked. But never when he has clothing on.

I was in 1st grade when I was 5 and I got an F on my report report card for "hygiene" b/c the teacher caught me w/ my hand in my tights. LOL My mother was like an F for hygiene? Why? You get baths! I was like, ummmm, it was something else...:laughing6:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file