generic CHI from Sally's

LadyLibra1982LadyLibra1982 Registered Users Posts: 203
as promised, here's my review! :D i could go on all day, but i figured a pic would be worth a thousand words;;;

that's my everyday 4a-ish fro:
tiffNj.jpg

and this is using the generic CHI:
Copyofdec06hair.jpg

the only gripe i have is, the thing doesn't have number settings, it has degree settings. the best setting for me was around 300 degrees. it even got my ends pretty straight, although i am in need of a trim, i have a lot of knots to get rid of.

all in all, i am very satisfied. only paid $60 too, it was on sale! :P

*edited to make pics fit :oops:
Lady Libra
3c/4a???
i stick with the description "OS thready thick"

my curly fro now is at collarbone when straightened.... basically the length i had when i started transitioning! hooray for growth!!! =)

Comments

• keikokkeikok Banned Banned Users Posts: 585
    I've never had a CHI but it looks like it works pretty well, unless your hair is easy to straighten because it looks like your hair is pretty soft and loose.
  • LadyLibra1982LadyLibra1982 Registered Users Posts: 203
    keikok wrote:
    I've never had a CHI but it looks like it works pretty well, unless your hair is easy to straighten because it looks like your hair is pretty soft and loose.

here is a better pic of my texture:

flash.jpg

purely 4a coils. it's easy to get my hair "not curly" but very hard to get it straight. by that i mean a cheap Gold 'N Hot flat iron would make me look like i got a blowout. not silky straight at all, just poofy. on top of that my hair reverts back very easily... if there is a hint of moisture in the air the ends start curling and twisting up.

i've had the best sucess w/this flat iron. :wink:
    Lady Libra
    3c/4a???
    i stick with the description "OS thready thick"

my curly fro now is at collarbone when straightened.... basically the length i had when i started transitioning! hooray for growth!!! =)
  • j'adorej'adore Registered Users Posts: 1,966 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks for the review! And I am so glad it works, cause there's no damn way I am paying over $100 for the brand name.
    "Don't play me...I'm over 30, and I don't smoke weed"
    -Prince

catcatadr20050914_-8_Marley+is.png
    Bought it! It works really well, but my hair poofs back out real quick. Gotta see what I can do to correct that.
    -Prince

• siren8780siren8780 Registered Users Posts: 36
    J'adore...try the Wigo Onyx if you can get it on sale. I use it and it works great. No pics yet since I just got it but....we both have the same poof problem and it worked well on my hair.
    I love my curly hair.
    3c/4a
    siren8780 wrote:
    J'adore...try the Wigo Onyx if you can get it on sale. I use it and it works great. No pics yet since I just got it but....we both have the same poof problem and it worked well on my hair.

Is this a spray on product? Or a flat iron?
    -Prince

• siren8780siren8780 Registered Users Posts: 36
    flat iron. But I'm not sure if it is still on sale. I was looking online and I found on some discount sites. I think it might have been discontinued. Good luck.
    I love my curly hair.
    3c/4a
  • sdlsdl Registered Users Posts: 67
    Hi LadyLibra,

I have been thinking of getting a flat iron to straighten my curls just for a change of pace.

What is the model number of the Sally's iron you reviewed for us please.

Thanks

SDL
  • JessyCatJessyCat Registered Users Posts: 91
    I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to add that I have a GVP Chi iron that I am in love with! It heats up super quickly and leaves my hair very smooth. I would say it is just about as good as a Chi. I had my hair ironed by my stylist with a Chi, and I would say the results are about the same.

GREAT buy. ;]
  • entipyentipy Registered Users Posts: 126
    Is this the Generic Chi you're talking about:

http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1650/264850
    I have very fine 3A hair!
    My Home Page: http://www.nookra.com
    My Curls: http://flickr.com/photos/entipy/sets/72157594546464041/
  • milamonstermilamonster Registered Users Posts: 25
    has anyone else used this?
    im considering purchasing this

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list