Very easy homemade exfoliating facial mask

taltaltaltal Posts: 614Registered Users
Here's a simple homemade mask I love.

1-2 tbsp of ground quaker oats (very fine ). This can be kept in a container in the freezer.
1 tsp honey
A few drops of water

Mix and apply to the face and neck about 5 minutes before getting into the shower. Rub in circular motions before washing it off completely. It gently exfoliates and leaves sking soft and moisturized.
There's no need to use any soap or moisturizer afterwards.

Enjoy !

Comments

• QVCDivaQVCDiva Posts: 1,329Registered Users
    Thanks for the recipe.
    Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
    BC: 01/30/09
    Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
    http://public.fotki.com/QVCDiva/
  • ReekyReeky Posts: 1,323Registered Users
    co-sign! i get organic rolled oats from whole foods, i may be crazy but i swear it made a difference.

i did that everynight for like two weeks straight (my face had an allergic reaction to some mystery outdoor evil) and my skin was sofffftt, lowkey cleared my some of acne. i let it sit for abt ten mins though!

another great mask ive been doing is:
    1/2 tsp bentonite clay
    1/4 tsp powdered goats milk

mix into a paste with distilled water, the clay will swell so that small amount is enough to cover your face.

the bentonite clay of course refines and clears pores.. but i find it to be a bit harsh for my sensitive, acne prone skin. Goats milk powder is moisturizing, and does a good job at counteracting the dry tight feeling the bentonite alone gives me.. plus the lactic acid in it gently exfoliates. I use this at night, once a week and my skin looks lovely in the morning!

you can even add the powdered goats milk to the oatmeal! oatmeal, goats milk & honey = classic!
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)
  • taltaltaltal Posts: 614Registered Users
    QVCDiva wrote: »
    Thanks for the recipe.
    You're welcome. I hope you enjoy it.
    Reeky wrote: »
    co-sign! i get organic rolled oats from whole foods, i may be crazy but i swear it made a difference.

i did that everynight for like two weeks straight (my face had an allergic reaction to some mystery outdoor evil) and my skin was sofffftt, lowkey cleared my some of acne. i let it sit for abt ten mins though!

another great mask ive been doing is:
    1/2 tsp bentonite clay
    1/4 tsp powdered goats milk

mix into a paste with distilled water, the clay will swell so that small amount is enough to cover your face.

the bentonite clay of course refines and clears pores.. but i find it to be a bit harsh for my sensitive, acne prone skin. Goats milk powder is moisturizing, and does a good job at counteracting the dry tight feeling the bentonite alone gives me.. plus the lactic acid in it gently exfoliates. I use this at night, once a week and my skin looks lovely in the morning!

you can even add the powdered goats milk to the oatmeal! oatmeal, goats milk & honey = classic!

You're not crazy Reeky, it does make a difference :)
    Thanks for the extra recipe. I haven't got bentonite clay, but I do have kaolin clay, so I'll try making a mask with it to see how it works. I've read it's very good for acne.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file