product advice

squirliecurliesquirliecurlie Posts: 12Registered Users
hey Girls,

I have ethnic hair. I have a lot of hair and a lot of volume. My hair also has coloring (permanent hair color- just ditched that out of me life) and has about an inch of straightening perm left to trim in 3-4 months. I believe my curl type is a 3b. And I am out of products. So... I desperately need something to treat my hair that is great for color treated hair. I have grays although I am just 32.

What would you recommend, for someone that might still style straight - until I'm totally comfortable with the idea of going natural. Besides coloring I haven't put any chemistry in my hair for the past 2 years. Although I have a lot of hair, it takes a while, but I still straight it with a blow drier and iron. I am so tired of that though! I do want to learn to love my hair as it is... I know I am on the way.

For color I was thinking about changing to Robert Craig until i read this http://www.makeuptalk.com/forums/f13/robert-craig-hair-color-29549.html Is Clairol Natural Instincts a good option? and for the rest I'm leaning towards JessiCurl and Carol's Daughter black vanilla line (which is for color treatment).

What you think? Any suggestion is appreciated!

Thank you

(My avatar is a 2006 pic when I used to have a curl perm. I love curls, I just can't stand my volume. I look and feel like lion :O) seriously)

Comments

• squirliecurliesquirliecurlie Posts: 12Registered Users
    This is my hair today. Blow dried. I had a hair cut last sunday. So today I am doing a clarifying shampoo due to a lot of build-up.
    4986981629_fdffbfc557_m.jpg

After washed, conditioned and styled with Ouidad. It is still wet.
    Not very happy with it... but it's day one right?
    4987553983_50c7993218_m.jpg

Here was when the curl perm still worked (before staring to color). Until all it did was to make it wavy like in my avatar pic. (the guy is my hubby...who dreams about me having my curls back).
    4983066769_dfe5d2df3f_m.jpg
    Hi girls, just so you know... I need to order some stuff tomorrow. I am on my second day going natural and I'm almost out of products.

If you have a hair like mine. I'd appreciate some suggestions.

Thanks again.:love4:
  • blessed69blessed69 Posts: 8Registered Users
    Hi! I wanted to post to you before you get discouraged:)
    My hair is more 3c, so take my advice with a grain of salt. I tried Ouidad for a while, and really think it's geared more toward 3b or straighter, like yours. I am now using Kinky Curly and loving it!
    The main thing I can vouch for is color. I use Naturtint-Honey Blonde. It gets my very dark hair and grays a nice warm light brown. It has no harsh chemicals, which is the best thing! I got it from Vitamin Shoppe.
    Hope this helps!
    Your hair is pretty, by the way! :bunny:
    I was going to try Naturtint, but found some not so good info about it (can't remember where now). I had been using alfaparf permanent coloring at home. I don't really see it causing damage to my hair, but I know it might in the long run. I'll try a demi now and see how it works with my grays, that tend to be resistant. Aiai... This product search can be frustrating sometimes. I received yesterday my first order from curlmart. I got the Jessicurl rich trial kit and the bee mine conditioner and butter, plus a microfiber towel and the heat cap for deep treatment.
    I'll try to go silicone free and see how my hair reacts. But I have a feeling it likes the cones. I have a lot of volume when my hair is dry. It really bothers me. I love the curls but I still have a long journey ahead to deal with the volume. It would be great if I could find something that could define my curls well and keep the volume down to half :) I know hydration is part of it... So I'm focusing on it now.

Thank you for your response.
  • lorenaluolorenaluo Posts: 18Registered Users
    This is my hair today. Blow dried. I had a hair cut last sunday. So today I am doing a clarifying shampoo due to a lot of build-up.
    4986981629_fdffbfc557_m.jpg

After washed, conditioned and styled with Ouidad. It is still wet.
    Not very happy with it... but it's day one right?
    4987553983_50c7993218_m.jpg

Here was when the curl perm still worked (before staring to color). Until all it did was to make it wavy like in my avatar pic. (the guy is my hubby...who dreams about me having my curls back).
    4983066769_dfe5d2df3f_m.jpg
    thank you for sharing this

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file