CurlTalk

QOD Max White

Hi everyone,

I'm a long time lurker, but finally decided to post. I think I have read every single BKT thread on here before jumping in. Since there was little on the new QOD Max White I decided to play guinea pig. Did the treatment Friday after work, hung around my house unwilling to step out reeking of cocoa. Saturday I washed it out, went to an outdoor festival where I got caught in the rain... and nothing happened to my hair. Looked a little wind blown but otherwise fabulous at the end of the day.

For reference - I had curly hair to start, used a thio curl remover many months back (still pretty wavy after that). It's totally straight after the BKT (probably due to the severe thio frying).

Really liked that I didn't lose a whole weekend waiting to wash the treatment out.

Comments

• gforceroygforceroy Posts: 36Registered Users
    Sounds awesome! I wanted to trying this version since I wouldn't have to wait 3 days to wash my hair..
    Can you post before and after pics? I'm curious.
    BC: 9/2009

green BELT :rambo:
  • SpookyChanSpookyChan Posts: 27Registered Users
    When I get back in town I'll take a pic. It may freak people out though, since it was done over partially relaxed hair. My hair is now 'Asian hair' straight with swing and shine.
    I attached a pic of my hair finally, with a really old pic of natural pre-henna hair.
  • morningstarmorningstar Posts: 143Registered Users
    Your hair looks great! I just ordered this type of keratin (was using inoar previously), but it seems like Qod is a favorite around here - so I decided to try this one next. I think I will try next week. My hair is still pretty loose curl, but is getting more poofy lately. I have 3B curls naturally and would say I am about a 3A right now. I hope I don't loose too much more curl. I will post my experience with Qod Max white when I have done it.
    When did you do the henna? Before the keratin or at the same time??
    3B dark brown shoulder length
    Co-wash, Living Proof No frizz, Biolage Gel, Giovanni vitapro fusion leave in
    The henna was done before, and there are countless layers of it since I've been hennaing every other months for 6-7 years. Henna and indigo were the only things that covered my gray. I was curious about the Inoar. Were you satisfied with it? I like QOD Max White, but my mom wants to try this and is horribly allergic to lanolin.
    I've been researching henna because I am also having trouble covering my greys. Since I am experiementing with keratin though, I don't think I can handle two processes! I am currently letting my hair stylist do the color and I do the keratin myself. I have been very happy with Inoar. No real reason to switch except others seem happy with the Qod, so I thought I would give that a try. Usually I do the keratin the same day that it is colored, but this time I am trying it two weeks after the color. I want to see if that keeps my color in longer.

I will let you know how I think Inoar compares with Qod Max white after I have done it.
    So, do you do the henna yourself and what are you using? Thanks
    I henna myself. It's not hard, just tedious. I've used all sorts of brands - Jamila, Reshma, various yemeni ones, Moroccan ones, etc. Yemeni covers the gray really well, but is extremely red on me. Right now I'm using Reshma because it's available locally. One thing I learned over the years was that for hair the acid component isn't that necessary, and was actually drying my hair. Add a lot of sugar to the mix to make it easier to smoosh into your hair. Sometimes I sleep in it and after 8 hours the color is intense.

Did you buy Inoar off of ebay or somewhere else?
    Thanks for the info on the henna. I may just stick to letting the salon color for now. I have minimal grey, but it seems pretty resistent. I have heard great things about henna and keratin working well together.
    I did buy the inoar from ebay. I bought the 4oz sizes and it lasted two treatments for me. I bought from a seller in Florida and shipping was wicked fast to Massachusetts.
    Thanks Morningstar, I'll keep my eyes out for a seller from FL selling it for my mom.
  • redfayredfay Posts: 1Registered Users
    SpookyChan wrote: »
    I henna myself. It's not hard, just tedious. I've used all sorts of brands - Jamila, Reshma, various yemeni ones, Moroccan ones, etc. Yemeni covers the gray really well, but is extremely red on me. Right now I'm using Reshma because it's available locally. One thing I learned over the years was that for hair the acid component isn't that necessary, and was actually drying my hair. Add a lot of sugar to the mix to make it easier to smoosh into your hair. Sometimes I sleep in it and after 8 hours the color is intense.

Did you buy Inoar off of ebay or somewhere else?

Hi Spookychan,
    I am also considering Qod max but like you I henna my hair regularly. How do you do it with the keratin treatment? I would be grateful if you tell me your experience?
    I have found it's hard to get henna to penetrate after keratin. Plus, I am convinced that it strips some of the treatment. Granted, I am using the QOD white, which despite claims otherwise doesn't seem to be quite so long lasting as the original Max.

What I wound up doing was doing 2 fairly closely space full heads of henna, left on overnight to get good color. Now I just touch of the roots with henna + indigo. One the plus side, the color from the indigo + henna almost seems to be locked in. I get zero fade now, whereas before, over time the indigo would crock (color loss from mechanical damage), leaving my hair quite red.

It's a pain to do, but I think the combined depth of color from the henna and the BKT is fabulous.

Just try to stick with henna before BKT.