superficial guys

bowwow94bowwow94 Posts: 36Registered Users
Okay so school for me started back in August and ever since then Ive been getting comments on my new (new to my classmates) hair. All the comments from girls are good while most from the guys comments arent so much. The other day I was standing in the lunch line kind of near this table of guys. One of the guys is really cute but i dont know really know him. Well I overheard that boy taking about me saying I was cute blah blah and then I heard "I would get at her BUT her hair" -_______- REALLY I mean how superficial can you be. Im not going to lie...it really pissed me off. lol.......

Have any1 else had to deal with comments like these?
BTW im a junior
last relaxer- May 16th 09
BC - april 2010
3b/3c/4a/4b with random natural straight strands
staples: WATER :) elucence mbc, shea butter,coconut oil, glycerin, evoo, honey, castor oil

Comments

• murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    Such is life.
    Sorry.

You're probably superficial too, I hate superficial people too, but I am one too. So I hate myself I guess.

I say something like "Oh he is cute....but his teeth"

Is that not superficial?
    Girls are just as superficial as guys.

I'm not trying to be a meanie, but it is life, and people are gonna love you and they're gonna hate you. All you have to do is do you.

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • bowwow94bowwow94 Posts: 36Registered Users
    okay I can see what your saying BUT i wouldnt have something as minuscule as hair stop me from getting to know someone.....u know
    BC - april 2010
    staples: WATER :) elucence mbc, shea butter,coconut oil, glycerin, evoo, honey, castor oil
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    bowwow94 wrote: »
    okay I can see what your saying BUT i wouldnt have something as minuscule as hair stop me from getting to know someone.....u know

yea but you're in high school, it gets better, I promise.

I'm only 4 years a head of you, so I know hahaha.;-)
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • ZayneeZaynee Posts: 16Registered Users
    i feel you lol. its happened to me before. but usually it happens on a day when my hair is looking bad :sad1:..so i dont really blame them
    BUTT i do think it is really unnecessary. to say sumthing gud and then say..but that hair.

when you think about it..wud u even want to be with a guy that shallow. i say dont worry about it and dont let it get to you
  • NaturallyBriafulNaturallyBriaful Posts: 72Registered Users
    Im a juinor too, but the guys that usually "want to get at me" just approach me. Cause the hair is gonna come with the package so yeah. -shrugs- Highschool guys are only directed to one type of beauty and thats either weave or really long hair. So with that being said they're probally not used to seeing or approaching a girl with natural hair.. :/
    Its sad buts thats superficial people for ya..
    My second bc! Gonna do it right this time!

My fotki:

http://public.fotki.com/NaturallyBriaful/
    Come look at my fotki! :)

My Beauty/Hair Blog:
    http://behindthebeautyofme.blogspot.com/

Take a look. <3
  • bowwow94bowwow94 Posts: 36Registered Users
    Zaynee wrote: »
    i feel you lol. its happened to me before. but usually it happens on a day when my hair is looking bad :sad1:..so i dont really blame them
    BUTT i do think it is really unnecessary. to say sumthing gud and then say..but that hair.

when you think about it..wud u even want to be with a guy that shallow. i say dont worry about it and dont let it get to you

Exactly! completly unnecessary and I discussed with my friend that I wouldnt want a guy with thoughts like that. It just threw me off.

Highschool guys are only directed to one type of beauty and thats either weave or really long hair.

and this!^^ frustrates me so. lol I dont get the preference of fake hair over the real stuff.Im so looking foward to open minded college guys haha :tongue5:
    BC - april 2010

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file