So I'm Making A Cookbook...

LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,765Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
I talked to my Mom today, because I want my Granny's Chow Chow recipe. She said she thought she had it and would call me back once she found it. When she called back she said she found a handwritten recipe. She read it back to me and I realized it was the recipe for her bread and butter pickles. These were so awesome. I asked my Mom to mail me her handwritten recipe. I'm going to put this in my cookbook with a copy of her handwritten recipe. I'm so excited.

The cookbook will have recipes of foods I grew up on and loved, plus those foods I love today.
From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."

Comments

• dmarie21dmarie21 Posts: 213Registered Users
    Good Luck to you!
    My Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/dmarie21/
    Porocity: totally sinkable
    Texture: fine to med fine (stand size pic)
    Products I Like: Qhemet--Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee, Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm mixed with Burdock Root Cream, Vatika, apple cider vinegar rinse, Baba de Caracol, CON Argan shampoo
    Searching For: better understanding of what my hair is all about
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,765Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I got the recipe binder in yesterday and I'm very pleased with it. I have so many recipes, so far, but I need to type them up and find plastic covers for them and also the category pages. This ended up being a bigger project than I thought it would be, but I'm having fun and I think the family will really appreciate it.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Enjoy, lotsa.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,211Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I used to love Mrs. Fanning's bread and butter pickles and now I can't find them anywhere. I'll bet yours are even better because hers probably had preservatives. How about giving us your recipe? I hope it's easy! :tongue7:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,765Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I wrote this so fast on a piece of paper and the bottom half is torn. (I had the granddaughter over Friday night).

Here's what I have for Bread and Butter Pickles....Keep in mind I stopped writing when I realized this was not Chow Chow.

25-30 Med cucumbers
    8 Onions
    2 Sweet Peppers
    1 1/2 Red Hot Peppers
    1/2 C Salt
    5 Cups Cider Vinegar
    2 TBS Mustard Seed
    1 TBS Tumeric
    1/2 tsp Cloves

I really don't like Bread and Butter pickles, so you're on your own with the rest of the recipe. :albino:
    From Michael Berg:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file