CurlTalk

Good News...And Thanks NC!

I got my hair trimmed on Friday (I go about every 3 months)...And my hairdresser told me my hair looked so healthy that I didn't need a trim (that never happens)! I ended up getting just the ends off to give some bounce to my curls...But this made me so happy! Since being on this website I have learned so much about how to take care of my hair, and obviously it shows! And while I am not completely CG I have taken a lot of the CG information and used it. Thanks NC!
2b/3a, normal/high porosity, fine/medium texture, medium density, low elasticity

Low Poo- Tigi Colour Goddess, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT (clarify 1X/week)
Condish- CJ Curl Rehab, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT
Leave In- Slip Detangler, KCKT, Redken Curl Refiner
Style- KCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG
Treatment- CJ Repair Me! and CJ CR

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils

Comments

• MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users
    I had the same thing happen after going mod-CG. I was used to going every 5 to 8 weeks (depending on cut etc), but when I went 6 weeks after my first trim with new stylist, she said, nope, didn't need it, so we just did a laminate to refresh color....

Now, it's been 4.5 months without a trim and hair looks fine. :) I plan to make an appointment to cover grays and do a glaze, and if I need some neatening for shape, let her do that. But I like the length and am loathe to lose it as I'd like to gain about 3 more inches. I think that will be it, perfect, then just maintain that length.

Gentler cleansing, gentle handling, and good conditioning works.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • SegBSegB Posts: 692Registered Users
    That's amazing Mir! If I could go 4.5 months...Wow. I definitely agree with the gentle cleansing, handling, and good conditioning...All things the ladies at NC taught me! Still have a lot to learn and by no means is my hair perfect...But I am having better hair days than before. And my hair is definitley less frizzy. Nervous about the colder months approaching, hoping I don't start back at zero with products...I am thinking I may be able to get away with just a good curl cream with no hold product over it...We will see...
    2b/3a, normal/high porosity, fine/medium texture, medium density, low elasticity

Low Poo- Tigi Colour Goddess, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT (clarify 1X/week)
    Condish- CJ Curl Rehab, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT
    Leave In- Slip Detangler, KCKT, Redken Curl Refiner
    Style- KCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG
    Treatment- CJ Repair Me! and CJ CR

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils