Combing 2nd Day Hair

wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
Hi all,

I have a question for you! I have type 2c hair. It's frizzy, very thick, and just past my wing bones in length. I usually like to pineapple at night, and my hair comes out pretty wavy that way. But since my hair is thick, it tangles easily. So when I comb it out in the morning with my wide-tooth comb, it just pulls out my waves and makes my hair poofy. How do I get rid of my tangles but keep my curls intact and non-puffy?
Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:

Comments

• curly_carolinecurly_caroline Posts: 2Registered Users
    whatever you do, dont comb it!!! second day hair does get tangled, but when you wash it, load on the conditioner and finger comb it really well, from your roots, and also underneath. it works :)
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Thanks! I'll be sure to try that. (No combing is hard for me, but I'll give it a go!) :D
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file