CurlTalk

:-D I think I love you :-D

Joi Whip. After all this time...I finally tried it. :oops:
I have been messing with my hair so much the past four months.
All my sisters have asked me what I wanted for Xmas?
I told each of them to get me a can of Joi whip from Trade Secret.
I expect 3 cans under my tree. I am excited.

And a David Cassidy CD so I can sing "I think I love you" as I put it in my hair. :oops:
So, I figure a month or two and maybe my hair will be back in better condition.

Comments

• tinicurlydtinicurlyd Posts: 1,053Registered Users
    Modified CG-Use Low Poo
    Use Suaves & VO5 Condish For CG-Honey+ Condish=My curls are loving it!
    *Suave gels ( love crunchy gels )*My HGs-Re:coil, Jessicurls , Boots , Loreal Spiral Curl Mousse, Tigi Amp*

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    I lurve Joiwhip!!! My most common combo these days is GF Curl& Shine leave-in, recoil, and joiwhip. Good hair day every time!
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • curlylew66curlylew66 Posts: 1,685Registered Users
    :D :D :D :D :D :D

and a little goes a long way

:D :D :D :D :D :D
  • foreverangel9876foreverangel9876 Posts: 43Registered Users
    *dances with curlylew66 to I think I love you*
    Routine: Wash everyday with Pantene Pro V Shampoo and Condtioner for color treated hair, Plop Upside Down for around ten minutes Take Down Then Scrunch in Curl Junkie Curl Queen Styling Gel and Redken Fresh Curls Curl Refiner. Then Diffuse upside down until almost dry.

event.png
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    Your hair looks great with joiwhip in it! I have some, I need to start experimenting with it :D
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • TranspogueTranspogue Posts: 31Registered Users
    I think I'll have to go to the beauty supply today and pick up a can...sounds promising. I do quite like Joico products...their BodyLuxe line was one of the only bodifying shampoo/conditioner that did not dry out the hair. Good ingredients in their products :)

And their K-PAK reconstructor is second to none.

Thanks for the inspiration!
    3A fine, growing out from a mohawk
    As of 1/07:
    Top 7"
    Sides 3.5"
    JC Aloeba, TooShea (1x wk.), Cleansing Cream (1-2x wk.), RR, CCSS, Kenra Volume Spray, Joico JoiWhip
    Want a rockin' curly cut?
    East 42nd St. Salon
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.e42salon.com" class="Popup
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG??? ;) JoiWhip rocks my world. No matter what I try I always, always come back to JoiWhip.

Three bottles under my tree would be a dream come true!! :D
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
  • bostonwavesbostonwaves Posts: 727Registered Users
    You ladies are killing me! :twisted:
    Just when I'm all settled in with my Deva products you tempt me with not 1 but 2 products.
    And you all have such lovely hair how I can I refuse.
    There will be no Christmas gifts for anyone but I'll have beautiful hair.

<running off to curlmart to check the price on Joiwhip and Recoil>
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
    <running off to curlmart to check the price on Joiwhip and Recoil>

Ahhh...my two favorites! CurlMart doesn't carry Joico products. :(
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

• heavengirl410heavengirl410 Posts: 821Registered Users
    I have never seen this is it a gel, or mousse, or cream and how do you apply it?
  • bostonwavesbostonwaves Posts: 727Registered Users
    Ab-star wrote:
    Ahhh...my two favorites! CurlMart doesn't carry Joico products. :(

I just found that out . BUT after much research I found a site that I could order both products. :oops: Ok - my name is bostonwaves and I am a PJ. My products are on their way!!!
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
    I have never seen this is it a gel, or mousse, or cream and how do you apply it?

JoiWhip is a mousse and a little goes a very long way. I use one small squirt. It has great hold and also acts as a curl enhancer.

bostonwaves...I can't wait to hear how you like them!!
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

• curlylew66curlylew66 Posts: 1,685Registered Users
    medusahair wrote:
    Your hair looks great with joiwhip in it! I have some, I need to start experimenting with it :D

Thank you Medussahair :D
    And YES Abstar What was I thinking???
    Can't wait until Chistmas!

Just singing my song as I hobble around my bathroom:
    Changing the ba, ba, ba's to joi, joi, joi :D
    Artist: David Cassidy
    Song: I Think I Love You
    Album:
    [" " CD]

Ba, ba, ba, ba.
    Ba, ba, ba, ba, ba.
    Ba, ba, ba, ba, ba.

I'm sleeping
    And right in the middle of a good dream
    Like all at once I wake up
    From something that keeps knockin' at my brain.
    Before I go insane I hold my pillow to my head
    And spring up in my bed
    Screaming out the words I dread:
    "I think I love you!"

This morning
    I woke up with this feeling
    I didn't know how to deal with
    And so I just decided to myself
    I'd hide it to myself and never talk about it
    And didn't I go and shout it
    When you walked into my room.
    "I think I love you!"

I think I love you.
    So what am I so afraid of?
    I'm afraid that I'm not sure of
    A love there is no cure for.

I think I love you.
    Isn't that what life is made of?
    Though it worries me to say
    I've never felt this way.

I don't know what I'm up against.
    I don't know what it's all about.
    I got so much to think about.

Hey, I think I love you.
    So what am I so afraid of?
    I'm afraid that I'm not sure of
    A love there is no cure for.

I think I love you.
    Isn't that what life is made of?
    Though it worries me to say
    I've never felt this way.

Believe me,
    You really don't have to worry.
    I only want to make you happy
    And if you say,
    "Hey, go away," I will, but I think better still
    I'd better stay around and love you.
    Do you think I have a case?
    Let me ask you to your face:
    Do you think you love me?

I think I love you.
    Oh, I think I love you.
    Oh, I think I love you.
    Oh, I think I love you.
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    Just got some Joiwhip today! Can't wait to give it a try. I think I've tried every gel in the world and am never happy so I decided to try mousse! After my co-wash tomorrow and then either B2B Pom Peach or [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Elucence-Moisture-Balancing-Conditioner-p-39.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=elucence-elucence-moisture-balancing-conditioner]Elucence MBC[/buylink], I'll use some Joiwhip and see how it goes!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
    quick question --- does it squirt out slightly liquidy and then grow?? Just wondered, this can I have does a little (not like the old can I got a long time ago)...
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

I wouldn't say very liquidy, but a little. It grows quickly and a lot, and then it feels like a foamy cream. If you rub your hands together, it shouldn't "deflate" like a lot of mousses do.

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users
    My son dropped his can of Joiwhip and now has to manipulate the nozzle to get any product out. It comes out very liquidy now. So bad that after applying product and his hair dry it looks very wet. It didn't happen before he dropped the can. The foam came out very much the way Bailey explained. He had better control of the amount.
    The packaging isn't very idiot-proof. I dropped mine and the dispenser broke. I ended up taping it up. I had to get very creative (not to mention use a lot of tape), but I got it to work.

Thanks!
    I'll make sure I am careful and try not to drop it too.
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Well I feel lucky that mine hasn't broken...I dropped it three times in a row yesterday morning. Butterfingers! :?
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

• FearnotsomuchFearnotsomuch Posts: 368Registered Users
    I was at Ulta a few hours ago, had the can of Joiwhip in my HAND.....and put it down. Instead I walked out with a bottle of SIF spray which is just as expensive so I don't know my reasoning behind that decision. :oops: I guess I'm still terrifyied of the growing mousse of doom!

Do you all just scrunch it in upside down over a leave in or what? I swear I'm gonna buy it one of these days!
    In DESPERATE need of a haircut.
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    I swear I'm gonna buy it one of these days!

same here, sister!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
    I was at Ulta a few hours ago, had the can of Joiwhip in my HAND.....and put it down.

:shock:

That's alright...more for us JoiWhip lovers! :D I scrunch it in, upside down after my leave in and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink].
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Just wanted to say Ab-Star your avatar is just ADORABLE. Congratulations :)
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

• Texas MamaTexas Mama Posts: 178Registered Users
    I second that, hockeymom.....

I have to ask all you joiwhip lovers out there....is this stuff fairly moisturizing? I assume you wouldn't use it if it created frizz, but I've been having frizz issues lately (at the ends - roots look amazing).

Ab-Star - do you put [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink] on "just-out-of-the-shower" hair (soaking wet)? Or do you apply a leave-in, then [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink], then JoiWhip.....I would pay HUGE for curls like that.

I love little squishy babies.....too cute!
    Hair type 3A. Jessicurl is becoming my HG!

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FTexasMama%2F" class="Popup

password: ginger
  • FearnotsomuchFearnotsomuch Posts: 368Registered Users
    *Sit PJ.. stay*

Remove all products from curlmart cart and DO NOT drive back to Ulta... :shock:

Must try what you purchased FIRST.
    In DESPERATE need of a haircut.
    I scrunch joiwhip over recoil, and sometimes a leave-in, into soaking wet hair. I find it to be fairly moisturizing.

Just wanted to say Ab-Star your avatar is just ADORABLE. Congratulations :)

Thank you so much! :D
    Texas Mama wrote:

Thanks! <when I cut them I'll send ya a few! ;)>

I do apply all products to pretty wet (but not quite soaking) hair. I squeeze a little water out first. And yes, I do a leave-in, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink], JoiWhip. :D
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

• crazycurlyheadcrazycurlyhead Posts: 113Registered Users
    So it's official! I'm in love with Joiwhip!

I've always hated gels and before finding this site all i used was HE Curls and Control mousse, thank god i found something else cause it got discontinued. I've tried all kinds of gels and never fell in love with one and then one day i found a trade secret in my local mall , i heard so many things about joiwhip that i had to try it and a week later and i'm loving it!!!
    I use GF leave-in, re-coil and then joiwhip just like Bailey! and get great hair-days !

Question, what other leave-ins do u girls use??? i think the a-cone in the GF is a little too much for me
    Very modified CG. Activate and B2B pomegranate Condish. Re:coil, Joiwhip, LOOB, HE set me up and orange bottle. Boots, cant' remember anymore.
    In a place where dry and burned straight hair is so common my wild spanish curls are my greatest weapon!
    Yay, another follower on the bandwagon! I've also used CJ Hibiscus and Banana for fine hair under it, and it worked well but GF gives me better frizz control (I'm sure it's the cone). I know Ab-star uses AG fastfood under it, which I'm dying to try but I'm not allowed any new hair products for a while. I'm willing to bet most leave-ins would work under it though.