Sew in - too young or inappropriate?

beadlvrbeadlvr Posts: 6Registered Users
Hi everyone, I needed some opinions please. I have gotten some wonderful information from this forum so I trust your opinion :)

My daughter is almost 14 (November), still natural and has finally learned how to do her hair all by herself :laughing6: I only have an 11 year old's hair to do now (she's natural also).

My oldest daughter (28-year-old) suggested, instead of an occasional press and curl during the school year that I should think about braiding her hair up and doing a sew-in so she can change have a change, plus I don't like using heat.

What do you all think. Thank you for your thoughts/opinions.
Sherry McFall
Avon Independent Sales Rep
mark. Rep
www.youravon.com/smcfall

Comments

• Afro KittenAfro Kitten Posts: 28Registered Users
    I think you should give it a go.I think it is only fine to do a sew in for these reasons:let it be her natural color and looks close to the texture of her natural hair.I have seen some horrible sew ins and thank god that I am natural.
  • beadlvrbeadlvr Posts: 6Registered Users
    :eek:Thank you Afro Kitten :) It will definitely be low key, same color and texture. I've seen some wild sew ins also. I'm going to do it myself. She has wanted a medium length bob style for a while but we (her dad and I) won't let her cut her hair. It is about mid shoulder blades. I might change my mind once I start braiding it :eek:
    I think you should give it a go.I think it is only fine to do a sew in for these reasons:let it be her natural color and looks close to the texture of her natural hair.I have seen some horrible sew ins and thank god that I am natural.
    Sherry McFall
    Avon Independent Sales Rep
    mark. Rep
    www.youravon.com/smcfall
  • Afro KittenAfro Kitten Posts: 28Registered Users
    beadlvr wrote: »
    :eek:Thank you Afro Kitten :) It will definitely be low key, same color and texture. I've seen some wild sew ins also. I'm going to do it myself. She has wanted a medium length bob style for a while but we (her dad and I) won't let her cut her hair. It is about mid shoulder blades. I might change my mind once I start braiding it :eek:

Also make sure to protect her hair underneath that to ensure good health.I have seen girls with sew ins and damaged edges and hair breakage.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file