Stylist/Salon in Baltimore, MD??

rizosmiosrizosmios Posts: 12Registered Users
Hi all!

Any help with finding a stylist who does the deva method? I have found a couple on Deva's website, but I was hoping to find some recommendations from people who have had experience with a stylist in this area.

In desperate need of a haircut - its been a year and a half since my last devacut :sad3:

Thanks
**CG since 4/2010**
Mostly 3b, w/bits of 3c, normal porosity, good elasticity, med texture

Cowash: Suave Naturals Coconut or Just water wash.
Condish: YTT
Leave-in: YTT, KCKT, EV coconut oil, jojoba oil, raw whipped shea butter
Styler: FSG(with honey, rosemary EO, EV coconut oil, jojoba oil) AVG, HESMU, BRHG
Baking soda cowash + ACV rinses

Comments

• seriouscurlzseriouscurlz Posts: 6Registered Users
    Can you travel a little south? Patrick at Patrick Allen Salon in Arnold (on Ritchie Hwy just outside Annapolis) does Deva cuts. He trained at Deva in NYC and also does training around the country for them. I have been going there for a year, and I am finally happy with my hair. My first visit he cut my hair dry, examined each curl carefully then cut with what seemed like little tiny nail scissors. He was also really patient explaining the whole CG method. (I was a very confused newbie at the time) I have only had a trim (well, and color every 8 weeks for gray) since then as I am trying to grow it out. I'm lucky, I only live 5 minutes from the salon, but I used to travel into Baltimore to get my hair cut and I would happily travel an hour or so to see Patrick if I had to. There are a bunch of reviews for his place in the Salon review section.
  • 20nic20nic Posts: 9Registered Users
    I am going this Friday to Mane Tamers in Pikesville. They are rated super high on this website. It's my first time going there -- and my first Deva cut -- but I'd be happy to tell you how it went after I go. I'm hoping to have them take before and after pics too so hopefully I'll have some proof.
  • chy999chy999 Posts: 13Registered Users
    He was also really patient explaining the whole CG method. (I was a very confused newbie at the time) I have only had a trim (well, and color every 8 weeks for gray)
  • chy999chy999 Posts: 13Registered Users
    I have been going there for a year, and I am finally happy with my hair.:nike::lurk:
  • SummerRubySummerRuby Posts: 468Registered Users
    If you're still looking for a stylist, go to Lavelle from the Bubbles Salon in the Avenue at White marsh. She's awesome!

• rizosmiosrizosmios Posts: 12Registered Users
    SummerRuby- does Lavelle do the Deva dry cutting method? because that is what I am looking for. I live right around the corner from there.

If not, I will probably go down to Patrick Alan, my relatives live pretty close by... so maybe family visit time :wink:
    **CG since 4/2010**
    Mostly 3b, w/bits of 3c, normal porosity, good elasticity, med texture

Cowash: Suave Naturals Coconut or Just water wash.
    Condish: YTT
    Leave-in: YTT, KCKT, EV coconut oil, jojoba oil, raw whipped shea butter
    Styler: FSG(with honey, rosemary EO, EV coconut oil, jojoba oil) AVG, HESMU, BRHG
    Baking soda cowash + ACV rinses

• kiwi2cutekiwi2cute Posts: 8Registered Users
    Love Patrick, get my hair devacut there. He does a great job!
  • leeduggan96leeduggan96 Posts: 1Registered Users
    SummerRuby wrote: »
    If you're still looking for a stylist, go to Lavelle from the Bubbles Salon in the Avenue at White marsh. She's awesome!

She is awesome, but she moved. Do you have her new location? I can be reached at [email protected]. Please tell her that Nina and Lia need her asap.
  • taymakeuptaymakeup Posts: 4Registered Users
    Definately go to patrick in arnold md. It is a little drive,but he is the best in MD. I left in June and Patrick had been doing my hair for three years. I have been all over from vermont to hawaii and he is the best. If you go tell him tanya saids hello from Georgia.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file