CurlTalk

I am in LOVE with these Afro twists!!!

AquarianWavesAquarianWaves Posts: 238Registered Users
Has anyone tried these on their hair???? I've had kinky twists before but these just look more natural to me, and I love them!!!

hrgg7r.jpg

b9d6au.jpg

Comments

• naiha1naiha1 Posts: 209Registered Users
    The closest thing I've had that looks similar were yarn twists using something called "Lin" I think. (It was a loooong time ago!) I had them done kinda thick and they were about shoulder length.
    These look really pretty but can't really see close up.
    Happy, Nappy, and Kinky 24/7!!
    4/b very coily
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    To get that look, you have to use the hair for it. Nafy collection makes that hair

puffy twist (great for kinky's. soft and natural looking. Pic #2)
    fluffy twist (these are fluffier and look like pic #1)

HTH

if you look in the growing out one year braid and twist challenge thread on here, I have pictures of both styles using said hair there. I'll post them here when I find them

ETA: ok links!!

Here I used nafy collection puffy twist hair (you can curl the ends with rods or yarn. I did mine with yarn on another set, sorry no picts)

Here I used nafy collection fluffy twist hair (no need to curl the ends)
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • AquarianWavesAquarianWaves Posts: 238Registered Users
    Coilynapp, both styles look very pretty on you! The look that I'm going for would be the second one, with the puffier hair. Saw a girl on youtube with them, she used "Janet" hair...it looked sooo natural and gorgeous! I'd have to order it though and I don't have the patience, I want those twists this weekend lol.

Thanks for your help!
  • DecagurlDecagurl Posts: 107Registered Users
    Has anyone tried these on their hair???? I've had kinky twists before but these just look more natural to me, and I love them!!!

I love kinky twists but not on me yet. I spent $150 (She was a beyotch for switching up prices real quick on me like that) and they looked funky! It was because I only had 2 inches of hair, but I know for a fact when my hair is a bit longer, this is the first style I want to wear! They are a life saver and is such a natural afro-centric style!
    comic-p.jpg
    4a, porous, medium, fuzzy reddish brown stuff.
    Aubrey Organics HSRose Conditioner
    Suave Naturals Shampoo
    Eco-Styler Gel
    Coconut/Olive Oil sealants

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmorefitthanyesterday%2F" class="Popup
  • blueberry99blueberry99 Posts: 16Registered Users
    coilynapp wrote: »
    To get that look, you have to use the hair for it. Nafy collection makes that hair

puffy twist (great for kinky's. soft and natural looking. Pic #2)
    fluffy twist (these are fluffier and look like pic #1)

HTH

if you look in the growing out one year braid and twist challenge thread on here, I have pictures of both styles using said hair there. I'll post them here when I find them

ETA: ok links!!

Here I used nafy collection puffy twist hair (you can curl the ends with rods or yarn. I did mine with yarn on another set, sorry no picts)

Here I used nafy collection fluffy twist hair (no need to curl the ends)

beautiful hair!! ever tried twistout with that hair
  • CurlyDeziCurlyDezi Posts: 72Registered Users
    I live in Georgia, and that first pic is from a salon in Atlanta, GA called "The Damn Salon", and I think those are what they call the Micro City Twist. I've been eyeing that salon for awhile because I'm desperate for a protective style because my hair is not loving this winter heat. They also have a salon in Miami and I think somewhere in Canada. Their website is thedamnsalon.com and they're on facebook as The Damn Salon.