We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

DC Salon recommendations

AnthroDivaAnthroDiva Posts: 19Registered Users
I am strongly considering getting a texturizer (a few months ago I got scissor-happy and cut off way more hair than I should have, so I want the texturizer to help with shrinkage while my hair grows out)...so imagine my picture with the same hair but SUPER uneven, especially in the crown.

Does anyone have a recommendation for salons in DC (or the DC metro area) that will be good to go to? I wear my hair in its natural state 90% of the time (braids the other 10%), so I'm not interested in making my hair straight so I'm afraid to just pop in to any random hair salon and ask for a texturizer...and I am admittedly a bit shy to go to a salon that specializes in natural hair care because I don't want to be guilted out of my choice.

TIA ladies,
Last Relaxer: January 2008
LC aka "little chop": : June 2009
Hair Type (Andre): 4a/3c (but I feel more 'at home' in the 4a forum :toothy5::home:)
Hair Type (LOIS): OS, fine & spongy
Hair Type (AnthroDiva): decreasing interest in, yet increasing utility for hair typing systems :scratch:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FAnthroDiva%2Fjuly-pictures%2F" class="Popup

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file