We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Something weird just happened - phytodefrizzant

OMG so my mom has wavy-curly hair that's pretty frizzy and she doesn't wear it curly so she always gets me to blowdry it straight for her....so yesterday I bought the phytodefrizzant from Sephora because it's suppposed to relax curl a bit (they say it's like getting a relaxer done without all the chemicals)...so I put some (very little, about two-peas sized amount) in my mom's hair when it was wet and told her to wait about 5 mins with it in her hair....ok here comes the freaky part...
I started blowdrying her hair, and omg her hair was straight!! I mean really straight as if she had naturally straight hair...as in I didn't even have to straighten it with a brush and a blowdryer....and it felt nice too it was smooth and shiny...I was like OMG....so I'm thinking cause I have curlier hair than her that it might make my hair into waves? (fingers crossed)
I will let you know....
Was 3b then I did a soft relaxer and I think I'm now a 3a
pw: curly

Comments

• KurleeKurlee Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    So what is in it?

• butterflyPrincess777butterflyPrincess777 Posts: 350Registered Users
    some extracts of some plant...I know it has no oil or alcohol in it though... I can post the full ingredients later..
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,753Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use it to help with defrizzing (does ok most of the time, best I've come across so far anyway) but it doesn't help relax my curls at all. Wish it would.
    3b in South Australia.
    I looked it up. Seems it has Ferula, Horseradish Extract, Garlic Extract, Sage, Botanical Gum in it, if I looked at the right thing.

This one?

P2895_hero.jpg

Almost doesn't look from the ingredients like it should work. :wink:

• esmeraldaesmeralda Posts: 187Registered Users
    I have this & it makes hair straighter with each application,
    so the more you use it, the less curl...

It really works, & try to sleep on a satinpillowcase too, my hair is soooo silky in the morning.

Even if I scrunch it in, it still makes the curl looser.
    2C/3A,jetblack indian curls:)
    ya I was really surprised that it actually worked...
  • curlyauburncurlyauburn Posts: 29Registered Users
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but do your curls come back when you shampoo this stuff out?
    Below BSL Very thick Botticelli curls
  • LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    Kurlee wrote:
    I looked it up. Seems it has Ferula, Horseradish Extract, Garlic Extract, Sage, Botanical Gum in it, if I looked at the right thing.

This one?

P2895_hero.jpg

Almost doesn't look from the ingredients like it should work. :wink:

Agree. Here's the rest of the ingredients. Keep us posted, butterflyPrincess777. Anyone else using this?

Ingredients: Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Sage Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Ferula Assa Foetida Root extract, Cochlearia Armoracia Root Extract, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Parabens (Ethyl, Butyl), Methychloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
    curlyauburn, I believe that they do come back....the promise is that it's like a relaxer but without the chemicals that make your hair permanently straight....
    my mom's hair went straight because it's wavy/curly...mine is 3B curly so it probably won't go straight....
    I'm washing it tomorrow and I'll try this and let you know...If it turns out good I'll post pics...
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Has anyone used this without blow drying straight?

Just used it on curly hair?
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    I used it without blowdrying & it still works!!

It doesnt make hair stickstraight, but it definitly knocks out some curl!!
    My hair is 2c/3a.
    it says on the box that the straightening effect increases with each application & with regular use.
  • juvjoyjuvjoy Posts: 670Registered Users
    Yeah butterfly - that's interesting. Show us pics!

Kim
    The tubes look different, mine is in a pale blue metaltube.

I just checked phyto.com & it is in a white tube.
    I believe its the same product, mine is the older version...?
    wntrbloom....I didn't actually blowdry my mom's hair with a brush...I just blowdryed through it using a blowdryer...and it still went straight...
    I'll let you know later today how it works on my hair
  • cgsamcocgsamco Posts: 129Registered Users
    Oh, please let us know how this works!! I'm dying to loosen my curls some!! This would be great if it works! :D
    2c, 3a and 3b combined. I think anyway
    Love Activate poo, Jessicurl too shea and aloeba as a leave in, Curls spiral cream(old version) and milkshake!!
  • Botticelli VenusBotticelli Venus Posts: 109Registered Users
    What's in it? :?: OK ignore this post!

What does it smell/feel like, does it build up, and is it bad for the hair?
    Julie Benz: "I really loved on Angel when we would do the flashbacks and I'd have the big, wild, messy long hair that was thick and full and that's how God meant for me to look."
    ok so I tried it...and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed...
    keep in mind that I had to straighten my hair tonight because I'm kinda sick and I have to work tonight so I didn't wanna go out with half-wet hair...
    anyway...the phytodefrizant did not leave my hair completely straight the way it did my mom's...but I did notice that the hair when it was wet was only slightly wavy rather than curly the way it usually looks....
    also I was able to blowdry my hair straight in about 15 minutes (rather than my usual 45 mins) and did not need a flatiron to make it smooth...my hair turned out great...shiny soft manageable...it usually only looks like this if a) I get it done at a salon or b) if it's been straight a few days and the oil managed to get to the ends....
    the ends look great too...they don't look dry at all!!
    And it significantly reduced frizz....
    the next time I use this product I will make sure to leave my hair curly and see what happens...although I think I can already tell that it does loosen the curl some...
    Wish I could post pics but I gotta go to work now....so hopefully I'll post them next time...

ps
    for some reason it also added volume to my roots...although this could be cause I blowdryed it upside down first :oops:
    I am so curious of what actually effects the hair that way in it. The Garlic maybe? I haven't seen garlic in hair products before.
    Hmm. Interesting.

• botticellicurlygirlbotticellicurlygirl Posts: 168Registered Users
    I've used this stuff for over a year, and I've been very happy with it. My hair feels so different when I apply to wet hair. It doesn't coat the hair, I never have any build up, and there's really no scent. It just makes my hair easier to straighten and it looks very shiny. Many people tell me that they can't believe my hair is naturally curly when I straighten it using Phytodefrisant. As a matter of fact, I liked all of Phytologie's products. They're just hard to find. I believe I bought Phytodefrisant from a seller on Ebay.

Here's something interesting I found online. You know it's got to be good if Oprah uses it!

Celebrities Who Love PhytoDefrisant

Alyssa Milano
    Courtney Love
    Elizabeth Hurley
    Elizabeth Shue
    Geena Davis
    Gillian Anderson
    Gwyneth Paltrow
    Halle Berry
    Heather Locklear
    Jeanne Tripplehorn
    Jennifer Aniston
    Jennifer Lopez
    Julianna Margulies
    Kate Hudson
    Kelly Preston
    Lela Rochon
    Lisa Kudrow
    Mariah Carey
    Minnie Driver
    Oprah
    Paula Abdul
    Peri Gilpin
    Portia De Rossi
    Salma Hayek
    Sandra Bullock
    Fine, blonde 3a botticelli curls
    esmeralda wrote:
    I used it without blowdrying & it still works!!

It doesnt make hair stickstraight, but it definitly knocks out some curl!!
    My hair is 2c/3a.
    it says on the box that the straightening effect increases with each application & with regular use.

How did you apply it? Do you diffuse at all?

Just wondering since I only use two products on my hair and I don't diffuse at all.

Thanks!
  • botticellicurlygirlbotticellicurlygirl Posts: 168Registered Users
    wntrbloom,

Here's directions from the tube:

Apply after shampooing on wet hair. Comb from roots to ends for even application. For best results use a round brush while blow-drying hair.

I leave some conditioner in the ends of my hair (not too much since my hair is fine), and apply Phytodefrisant immediately after. I try to let my hair air dry for as long as possible and finish with a large, round brush and a blow drier. After several days, my hair is still smooth and straight. (There are some straight pics on my Fotki with my hair straightened with Phytodefrisant)

My hair would not be straight if I air dried. It would be more wavy than anything. I have to use heat and a round brush to get smooth hair. But it seems to work betther than anything else for me and the results last for days. It doesn't have any greasy buildup, and a little goes a long way. So anyone contemplating buying it and seeing the high price, it's worth it. I straighten maybe once a month and have had a tube for over a year.

And thanks to this post, I did more research on their products and just bought Phyto 9 on drugstore.com. Hoping to find a better leave in.
    Fine, blonde 3a botticelli curls
    My hair is only a 2c/3a so I rake a blob of the Phytodefrisant from roots to end.
    It doesnt make hair stickstraight, but straight enough for me.
    What I love about it is that it doesnt leave hair "product-y" & greasy.
    for those who are wondering where to find it Sephora has all of the Phyto stuff...
    the Phytodefrizant was $25 CAD + tax...so I'm not sure how much it would be in USD.
    I placed an order with Sephora. It should arrive sometime this week (I think) or early next week.

Of course, I will post my results. :)

Thanks for all of the info.
    Received the package on Monday; used Tuesday and Wednesday morning.

My hair is shinier and there is less frizz. Not sure if my curls are looser, but I do like the product.

I will keep using and most likely, will repurchase.
  • NeedSleepNeedSleep Posts: 102Registered Users
    So does this stuff have a lasting effect? I mean, it says it'll staighten more with use, so I assume this changes your hair permanently?

I'd really really like to try it for a differnent look while my hair grows back, but don't want to compromise my curls....
    password: wavy
    so far after using it for 2 days, my hair is just as curly...just less frizzy and more shiny.

The box says to use it for straightening, but I haven't straightened my hair since going back curly.

from front of box:
    phytodefrisant with ferula extract
    botanical hair relaxing balm

Smooths/moisturizes (I can really see this in my hair)

from side of box:
    Phyo relaxing balm can be used daily. the product's cumulative action will make it increasingly effective with every application.
  • rushirb55rushirb55 Posts: 146Registered Users
    I just got some of this balm from www.strawberrynet.com and tried it out today. I have to say that my hair has no frizz plus it definitely helped relax some of the wave. I partially diffused it and then I air dried it the rest of the way. I bet if I had straightened it, it would have cut down in the amount of time it takes me to straighten it. Plus, it seemed to help cut down on the drying time while my hair was up in a turban. I will definitely repurchase this stuff. I live in England and it only took a week to come from Hong Kong. Great service!
    2C-3A??? Currently using Curly Q Milkshake, 3-minute Aussie Miracle, using non-sulphate shampoos, MopTop Pomade, Boots curl creme, always looking for that next miracle product for my hair! My PJ is never satisfied.
  • CurlyClaireCurlyClaire Posts: 116Registered Users
    butterflyPrincess777 were you able to use it with your hair curly? Did it work?
    it's in my hair right now...I'm gonna diffuse in a few minutes...I'll let you know...
    What I did though was put it in my hair and brush through it to distribute it then left it in for about 5-10 mins then put in my other stuff (gel, curl creme etc)...it's air drying now and it's about to get diffused
    *fingers crossed*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file