Easy cold lunch ideas for preschool

2»

Comments

• mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    Well, the lunches I've been sending have been coming back uneaten for the past week.:roll:

So I'm re-reading this thread for some new ideas.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    Well, the lunches I've been sending have been coming back uneaten for the past week.:roll:

did you asknif it's because he doesn't like it? sometimes majerle's lunch comes back home with her, but its because she's so distracted at school. on those days, as soon as she gets home, she asks to eat what's in her lunchbox and usually gobbles it up instantly.
    subbrock wrote: »

did you asknif it's because he doesn't like it? sometimes majerle's lunch comes back home with her, but its because she's so distracted at school. on those days, as soon as she gets home, she asks to eat what's in her lunchbox and usually gobbles it up instantly.

Its definitely a distraction/novelty issue of eating at school with his friends. I only pack things I know he will eat at home. But if I ask him what he wants, he'll list all the junk food that his friends have in their lunch!

He eats a big breakfast and isn't generally a big eater so I think he's ok. If he's hungry he'll eat.
    Jess2316 wrote: »
    I like to buy the already cooked rotisserie chicken at the grocery store and pull off the meat for sandwiches. If you pack it in the morning cold from the fridge and on cold bread it should stay fine till lunchtime.

I was just thinking about this. I'm going to grill up a few chicken breasts today and slice them up for the kids lunches.

I've been buying deli slices (turkey or chicken breast) but between that, the cheese and the crackers, my kids are getting waaaaay too much salt in their lunches.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file