Before/After for Wavies

Comments

• tambalinatambalina Posts: 64Registered Users
    My routine before CG was S & C with TONS of cones, drying with a terry cloth, brushing hair while wet and air-drying. I used to think I was a 1b:
    BEFORE Pic:
    12-1.jpg
    FIRST CG Pic:
    IMG_0197.jpg
    Here are my waves using gel:
    IMG_0224.jpg
    2nd Day Hair:
    IMG_0238.jpg
    I am tweaking my routine as I am still new to the CG method. Looking forward to see what my hair will do in the future!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CG Journey Start Date: 08.21.12 Now modified CG
    F/M texture, Med Density, Low/Normal Porosity, Hennindigo
    Current Routine (Still working out the kinks):
    Sulfate wash: CHSTS
    Low-Poo: OMAO
    CO-Wash: IEC, VO5VMT, TNRV
    Rinse Out: YTCarrots, DLOO, Renpure Red, GVPCB
    LI: YTCarrots, CCC
    PT: NPF
    Styler: AG:RC, KCCC, LALNC, FSG
    Gel: BRHG+Biotera
  • colormemichellecolormemichelle Posts: 16Registered Users
    I was already sulfate and cone free, but I switched to cowashing as well this week. The first picture is my hair Tuesday (the day before I started cowashing). Sorry if it's sideways.

The second picture is my hair after I diffused it this morning. I also have been "plopping." It's died down a bit, but I have hope that it will keep getting curlier! Look at that lack of frizz :)
    2A-3A, Low Porosity, Protein-Picky

Currently:
    Low-Poo: L'Oreal EverCreme Moisturizing Shampoo
    CO-Wash: L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
    RO: L'Oreal EverCreme Intense Moisturizing Conditioner
    DT/LI: L`Oreal EverSleek Smoothing Deep Conditioner
    PT: Hask Henna 'n Placenta
    Styler: L'Oreal Everstyle Curl Activating Mousse, LA Bella Curl Gel, TRESemme Hairspray
    tambalina wrote: »
    2nd Day Hair:
    IMG_0238.jpg
    I am tweaking my routine as I am still new to the CG method. Looking forward to see what my hair will do in the future!!

I LOVE your second day hair!! Such pretty waves! I thought I was a 2A, but I think mine is transitioning to something more curly (like yours did!) Beautiful :)

Currently:
    Styler: L'Oreal Everstyle Curl Activating Mousse, LA Bella Curl Gel, TRESemme Hairspray
    colormemichelle: Thank you!! You waves are exactly where I want mine to be. Hopefully I can coax that out of my strands!! Your color is gorgeous . . . so jealous! :happy10:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tambalina wrote: »
    colormemichelle: Thank you!! You waves are exactly where I want mine to be. Hopefully I can coax that out of my strands!! Your color is gorgeous . . . so jealous! :happy10:
    My pretty waves severely wilted during the day. I think I might need to try plopping before and after diffusing. My color is wonky because I let my friend do ombre hair on it and she left the bleach on my ends longer than I would have liked. But that will be gone with a few trims :D I LOVE the darker color of yours!!

What do you guys do when your curls/waves wilt throughout the day? Do I just need to use more gel? I didn't use very much...

Currently:
    [QUOTE=colormemichelle;2024700
    What do you guys do when your curls/waves wilt throughout the day? Do I just need to use more gel? I didn't use very much...[/QUOTE]

I use about a golf-ball sized dollop of gel in mine. (Sounds like a lot, I know.) I find that is the only way to get my waves to clump I like. Once my hair is dry, I "scrunch the crunch" out. No wet shinies and no flakes as long as I use L.A. Looks. I haven't had that much success with other gels - which is fine as L.A. Looks is *very* inexpensive.

Perhaps you could try washing at night plopping overnight? My waves love overnight plopping
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kellyraekellyrae Posts: 34Registered Users
    Here's mine!

1st picture - before CG. I was using sulfate free poo due to scalp irritation, but still using cones. My hair was about waist length and pretty weighed down.

2nd picture - CG day 2. I had my hair cut a couple days before this to collar bone length and some long layers.

3rd picture - CG 1 month. This was about 1-2 weeks ago :)
    CG since 7/19/2012

2b.fine.dense.normal porosity/elasticity
    Poo: SM Retention, Curls Creamy Cleanser
    Co-wash: VO5 Kiwi Lime, VO5 S&C
    RO: Curls Coconut Curlada, TN, SN Coconut
    LI: KCKT
    Styling: AIACJ, AIF, LALSG, ES
    Others: GVPCB, GVP K-pak, Ion Effective Care, SM Moisture Mist, AIAMM
  • dresdendolldresdendoll Posts: 435Registered Users
    I used to think my hair was just "frizzy straight," and that is when I had it in a bob that just wouldn't cooperate. The front would always flip out the wrong way, it was super coarse, and it was dry and frizzy. Of course, all I used was shampoo. I didn't even use conditioner until last year! haha
    Well, I went CG off and on for a while, but I'd say I've been using CG products for about a year now. The first picture is when I straightened my hair, the second is when I just let it air dry, and the 3rd is from a few months ago(: It's gotten longer! I'm so happy. I haven't had my hair APL in so long, and I am loving my longer hair.

BTW, everyone's hair looks gorgeous!
    2c/2b with some 2a, coarse, dense, thick, low porosity
    Growing out a CL bob. Currently at APL.
    CG again as of 7/20/12 :laughing5:

Cleanser: BRÖÖ Smoothing I.P.A. Shampoo
    RO: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
    LI: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Styler: Beautiful Curls Gel for Wavy to Curly Hair

:love4: all-natural products, light moisture, humectants, argan oil
    :pukeright:silk protein, synthetic ingredients, heavy oils/products, cowashing
  • HairObsessedHairObsessed Posts: 138Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Wave Pattern: 2A
    Hair Properties: Normal/Low Porosity, Medium Density, Medium Texture w/Fine Straight Underlayer
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, Cure Care
    Low-poo: Renpure Brazilian Keratin
    Rinse Out & Leave In: Tresemme Naturals
    Gel: LA Looks Mega Mega Hold Gel, Garnier Fructis Spray Gel
    HairObsessed, AWESOME results!! So wavy and smooth all at the same time . . . I would love to have your wave pattern!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RusycurlyRusycurly Posts: 717Registered Users
    Just wanted to pop in and say "great progress ladies!"
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • GoodDealMamaGoodDealMama Posts: 4Registered Users
    So I have only been going at this for 9 days but I am so excited so far! And I just did a PT and can tell my hair LOVED it!
    In the first pic it was right before I started CG and the second is just now 9 days later with my hair still a little damp
    n22611.jpg
    28s58qe.jpg

Can't wait to see this continue!!
  • WavesnWheelsWavesnWheels Posts: 64Registered Users
    It's exciting to see all these pics--Everyone's hair looks really beautiful! I'm going to have to post a picture one of these days....
    2B, normal porosity, elasticity, thickness, texture, moisture loving, protein leery...
    Favorites:
    CO: Whole Foods Lavender Conditioner
    LO: Dessert Essence Coconut, Pure and Basic Clarifying Shampoo
    RO: SSDDMT
    DT: JCDCT, SSDDMT
    Style: AOMM, CCCL, KMFUM, KCTT
  • kstankstan Posts: 423Registered Users
    creeping up on 3 months of CG. :)

Jan, 1st week of CG, & now.

the more conditioner and products I use, the darker my hair seems to look. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    started CG on 6/25/12. :duckie:
    • 2c with a strait underneath
    • normal elasticity on top, none on the underneath
    • Fine side of Normal
    • Thick hair
    • Poriosity is a mystery. I think its all over the place.
  • jsuzkelleyjsuzkelley Posts: 610Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    kstan wrote: »

Ooohh! Kstan! Did you get your hair cut? Those last pics look amazing - love the bangs :)
    2c/3a, botticelli/wavy/'swavy (huh?)
    fine, dense, normal porosity/elasticity, dry climate
    My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CG since 12/29/2011 :laughing6:
  • CinnamonagoutiCinnamonagouti Posts: 32Registered Users
    2C/3A/f/ii/iii
    CG with occasional schampoo-washes since April 2011
    Currently MBL, heading for WL or longer!
  • jsuzkelleyjsuzkelley Posts: 610Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ooh, Cinnamonagouti! You're getting some very pretty ringlets going on :)
    2c/3a, botticelli/wavy/'swavy (huh?)
    fine, dense, normal porosity/elasticity, dry climate
    My favorite brands are Kinky Curly, As I am, Curly Kinks, Curl Junkie, and Darcy's Botanicals. Also love sealing with oils (loving argan oil right now) and styling with jelly products (KCCC is my current favorite). Mostly trying to keep it simple!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CG since 12/29/2011 :laughing6:
    jsuzkelley wrote: »

Ooohh! Kstan! Did you get your hair cut? Those last pics look amazing - love the bangs :)

I sure did. :) I posted up more pictures of it the other day in http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/2/91898-so-2s-what-did-you-do-your-hair-today-176.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Fine side of Normal
    • Thick hair
    Cinnamonagouti!, looks like someone is creeping up on 3a status. . . :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Fine side of Normal
    • Thick hair
  • CinnamonagoutiCinnamonagouti Posts: 32Registered Users
    jsuzkelley, thank you! I love it when I get them, sometimes almost all of my hair is ringlets! ^^

kstan, haha! I'm going to buy a diffuser soon (so that my hair won't take forever to dry) so hopefully I will achieve some more 3a-ringlets when I use it :)
    2C/3A/f/ii/iii
    CG with occasional schampoo-washes since April 2011
    Currently MBL, heading for WL or longer!
  • dannegerousdannegerous Posts: 70Registered Users
    I've been CG since May 2012 so I figured I've waited long enough and seen my hair improve enough to post on the Before/After thread.

Pic #1 is from sometime in Fall 2011.

Pic #2 is from February 2012.

Went CG in May.

Pic #3 is from Friday, Sept. 14, 2012.

etbiuq.jpg18iueu.jpg4sml1w.jpg
    CG since May 2012
    Curl Pattern: 2c, Texture: coarse, Porosity: low, Density: thick, Elasticity: low
  • anonymous_125408anonymous_125408 Posts: 45Registered Users

that actually gives me hope, I really want my RED hair back! and your waves look very similar to what my hair used to do when it was shorter... but I really want it long *sigh* and long it just gets... droopy. So torn about what to do.

that's another thing, nothing personal Cinnamonagouti, your hair is GORGEOUS but it looks curly to me not wavy... and it seems like there are a lot of "wavies" on these boards that actually look curly to me, so I feel a little stranded here... yes I've read the "wavy imposter" thread, and even commented on it, but where are all the weak wavies?? Can we get some support here??? LOL

ETA: I don't mean to offend anyone, and I'm not trying to define what "wavy" means to one person or what "curly" means to someone else. Just trying to find people with hair similar to mine, whatever you call it!
    2a/b, high porosity, fine strands, average density, just about shoulder blade length

My hair loves moisture!

currently mod-cg , using low-poo and not totally cone-free yet. I'll get there though!
  • lcl0706lcl0706 Posts: 959Registered Users
    tr3kkie9rl wrote: »

that actually gives me hope, I really want my RED hair back! and your waves look very similar to what my hair used to do when it was shorter... but I really want it long *sigh* and long it just gets... droopy. So torn about what to do.

that's another thing, nothing personal Cinnamonagouti, your hair is GORGEOUS but it looks curly to me not wavy... and it seems like there are a lot of "wavies" on these boards that actually look curly to me, so I feel a little stranded here... yes I've read the "wavy imposter" thread, and even commented on it, but where are all the weak wavies?? Can we get some support here??? LOL

ETA: I don't mean to offend anyone, and I'm not trying to define what "wavy" means to one person or what "curly" means to someone else. Just trying to find people with hair similar to mine, whatever you call it!

Funny you say that, I think there are a lot of pics in the 3a thread that I'd call wavy, not curly. But it's all individual perception really.

To me, there's almost zero difference between the 2c & 3a pics on nc.com's curl typing. I think the difference is in texture & behavior, more so than visual pattern.

I always considered my hair curly until I came here, & wavy hair to me was a weaker S-wave pattern. Now I think mine is somewhere in between.

Sent from my PG06100 using CurlTalk App
    :wave: fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
    Poo: Giovanni 50:50
    RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
    PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
    Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
    Gels: SCC spray gel

hairsiggy-4-1.jpg
    Yeah, that's what why I edited my post... I realized that it's probably just my perception of wavy vs curly (and at the same time was reading several other threads where comparison/contrast of the two phrases got a little um heated and didn't want to start any of that!) ... I really just wish I could figure out what is going to make my hair look shiny, full, and not stringy/overly-clumpy but still enhance the wave that IS there. I know a lot of people want more/better clumps but I'm not sure I like it because it tends to make my hair look thinner, and the clumps that are barely wavy or downright straight save for a bend or two just look icky. But brushing obviously pulls out the wave pattern. So I haven't figured it out yet.
    2a/b, high porosity, fine strands, average density, just about shoulder blade length

My hair loves moisture!

currently mod-cg , using low-poo and not totally cone-free yet. I'll get there though!
  • lcl0706lcl0706 Posts: 959Registered Users
    Yeah I dont mean to get heated either. Its definitely a perception & in the end none of it really matters to caring for
    your hair. Its all beautiful!!

ETA - i have thin hair too & dont focus on clumps much. As far as stringy/limp goes, have you tried protein? What is your texture (on app cant see sigs). If your hair is already dry protein could make it drier, but I like ION effective care for a good dose of protein & it is not drying. Or IAgirls gelatin treatment (recipe is on this board & the recipe section), it is a good hit of protein without weighing hair down. I follow it up with a light conditioner. Some do a DT afterwards depending on how their hair feels.

:wave: fine, thin, normal/(low?) porosity. Mod-CG. Usually I can't co-wash more than 1x a week, & sometimes I have to use T-Gel in rotation due to scalp issues.

Co-wash: VO5 Volumizing
    Poo: Giovanni 50:50
    RO:TN, Nexxus Youth Renewal, Alba Coconut
    PT: gelatin PT, ION EC
    Stylers: Giovanni mousse, TIGI Curls Rock amplifier (a-cone), Curls Rock Strong Hold Mousse
    Gels: SCC spray gel

hairsiggy-4-1.jpg
    lcl0706 wrote: »
    Yeah I dont mean to get heated either. Its definitely a perception & in the end none of it really matters to caring for
    your hair. Its all beautiful!!

ETA - i have thin hair too & dont focus on clumps much. As far as stringy/limp goes, have you tried protein? What is your texture (on app cant see sigs). If your hair is already dry protein could make it drier, but I like ION effective care for a good dose of protein & it is not drying. Or IAgirls gelatin treatment (recipe is on this board & the recipe section), it is a good hit of protein without weighing hair down. I follow it up with a light conditioner. Some do a DT afterwards depending on how their hair feels.

Oh I didn't take it that way from you at all :-) My hair is somewhere between fine and medium texture, and I actually just did a gelatin PT this morning... LOVED IT!!! I could tell as soon as I got out and started plopping that it was already springing up more than it used to. I added in some coconut and grapeseed oil for moisture just in case my hair rebelled against the protein, and I only left it on for 10 maybe 15 minutes max. Next time I do it I'll try longer, but I wanted to take it easy the first time. I think it's safe to say my hair doesn't hate protein though!

My hair loves moisture!

• juvjoyjuvjoy Posts: 670Registered Users
    HUUUge transformation!!! I love your hair :)
  • NelekeNeleke Posts: 456Registered Users
    going to wake this board up!
    I'm going to the hair dresser tomorrow to get a new layered cut. Do we, wavies need a lot of layers? and do they have to be long or short? I want to keep my total length as longest layer and that is like 2 inches past shoulderlength when dry (almost brastraplength when wet)

Anyway: here's my transformation
    The first picture was taken a year ago or so, when I still flat ironed my hair. I had flat ironed it like an hour before the picture or so.
    The next picture was taken 2 weeks after I had stopped flat ironing, before CG on march 8th.
    The 2 pictures were taken on march 22nd and march 23rd (2nd and 3rd day hair) and I still consider those my best hairdays ever. Now due to overproteining it is drier again (but I'm fixing that as I speak) and it has gotten back to somewhere between march 8th and march 22nd.
    I would love love love to get it back to march 22nd (which was AWESOME) hair and hope to do that with a trim (at that time my hair was cut 4 weeks before or so, now it has been 10 weeks, so I need a trim)
    2c: fine texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity, normal-high density
    CG since March 8th 2013
    Low Poo: Rainforest Radiance shampoo
    Conditioner: Yes to Cucumbers
    Styler: BRHG, Garnier Fructis Gel
    PT: Gliss Kur Repair & Volume

iherb.com: get a 5$ discount on orders under 40$ or a 10$ discount on orders over 40$ when you order for your first order by using the following discount code: CFH441
  • angelicakangelicak Posts: 127Registered Users
    Neleke! Your hair looks amazing!!!!!
    It looks so shiny and healthy!
    CG since: 2/9/2013
    HAIR: 2a/b with nearly straight hair at neck, flat on top, low porosity, medium density, fine, medium length
    Currently using:
    Low Poo/No Poo: SM YB, Malibu C Hardwater Wellness (every other day)
    Rinse Out: Malibu C Hardwater Wellness Conditioner
    Leave In: SM Coconut Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk
    Gel: Volumax (Sally's)
    PT: gelatin!
    DT: Curls Unleashed NR

Love diffusing.:p
    Always learning!
  • NelekeNeleke Posts: 456Registered Users
    correcting it did look healthy and shiny and amazing :p now it just looks ok due to overproteining :p but ofcourse you don't see my hair now :p
    Keep your thumbs up for my appointment with the hairdresser tomorrow! I'm quite terrified to be honest
    2c: fine texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity, normal-high density
    CG since March 8th 2013
    Low Poo: Rainforest Radiance shampoo
    Conditioner: Yes to Cucumbers
    Styler: BRHG, Garnier Fructis Gel
    PT: Gliss Kur Repair & Volume

iherb.com: get a 5$ discount on orders under 40$ or a 10$ discount on orders over 40$ when you order for your first order by using the following discount code: CFH441

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file