Before/After for Wavies

Comments

• wavywonderlandwavywonderland Posts: 44Registered Users
    I'll play!

IMG_0340.jpg
    about three or so years ago when i thought i had nice wavy hair-HA.

Photoon2011-08-25at11113.jpg
    Maybe two years ago when I was trying different techniques, but still using cones and sulfates.

then, i went full curly girl :) no sulfates, no cones, no poo.

Photoon2011-12-20at10032.jpg
    and i started to get spirals!

Photoon2012-01-28at1255.jpg
    then, i cut off my hair! and started doing PT's.

Photoon2012-04-07at1139.jpg
    here is me today!

CG has truly transformed my hair in all ways- it's health, it's strength, and of course, it's curl.
    2C/3A whurly, medium porosity, medium texture
    Co wash: 365 Everyday Value Lavender (HG Status!)
    Low Poo: (only when I need to) Rainforest moisture
    Rinse-out: 365 Everyday Value Lavender & CNPF
    Leave-In: KCKT (HG Status!)
    Loves: Coconut oil, protein,
    Stylers I Love: KCCC, LASG, Artec Textureline Aero Mousse, Suave CC, KC Spiral Spritz
    PT: Aphogee 2 step once every 4 weeks
    Best Techniques: Cold water rinse, raking, smasters with KCCC
    :love5:
  • CubanwavyCubanwavy Posts: 293Registered Users
    wavywoods wrote: »
    I'll play!

IMG_0340.jpg
    about three or so years ago when i thought i had nice wavy hair-HA.

Photoon2011-08-25at11113.jpg
    Maybe two years ago when I was trying different techniques, but still using cones and sulfates.

then, i went full curly girl :) no sulfates, no cones, no poo.

Photoon2011-12-20at10032.jpg
    and i started to get spirals!

Photoon2012-01-28at1255.jpg
    then, i cut off my hair! and started doing PT's.

Photoon2012-04-07at1139.jpg
    here is me today!

CG has truly transformed my hair in all ways- it's health, it's strength, and of course, it's curl.

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. And you are beautiful too!
  • amandamarieamandamarie Posts: 240Registered Users
    Everyone's hair is so pretty! After about six weeks, I feel like I've more or less got it down, and I'm having a good hair day and so excited that I really want to share before and after pictures too. :laughing6:

Images removed for privacy.

Most of the difference is styling (it's been an awfully long time since I used heat on my hair on a regular basis so I didn't have too much damage) but comparing the pictures like this makes it clear to me just how much my hair needed moisture! Just the other day I got an, "I really love the soft wavy thing you've got going on with your hair! What is this, a new technique?" and an, "Is your hair naturally curly?" within the space of about ten minutes. :mrgreen:
    2a/b (really thick but sort of fine with pretty weak waves), medium-to-fine texture, normal porosity (I think). Doesn't seem to like protein.

Favorite products: Kinky-Curly Knot Today, Kinky-Curly Curling Custard, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion, Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk, homemade flaxseed gel.

Still looking for a cleanser I like. :dontknow:
  • jakrussel3jakrussel3 Posts: 423Registered Users
    Wavywoods, that's a HUGE transformation! :toothy5:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hair Properties: 2A/2B, Medium-fine, Normal porosity, Normal elasticity, Medium density
    Low Poo: DevaCare, Yes to Cuc's
    Rinse Out: DevaCare One Condition, Yes to Cuc's
    Cowash: Suave Naturals Lavender, Yes to Carrots Scalp Conditioner
    Curl Cream: AG ReCoil, Organix Moroccan Oil Curl Cream
    Gel/Mousse: Sweet Curls Elixirs FSG w/ Mag Sulfate added, Sweet Curls Elixirs hard hold gel, DevaCurl Frizz Free Foam, Aquage Uplifting Foam
    Protein: Spiral Solutions Protein Spray for daily use
  • Touch.of.inkTouch.of.ink Posts: 297Registered Users
    Everyone's hair is so pretty! After about six weeks, I feel like I've more or less got it down, and I'm having a good hair day and so excited that I really want to share before and after pictures too. :laughing6:

Mid-January:

6900473729_eb6f5ce94d.jpg

End of February, second day of CG:

6900501239_b20ee4cb25.jpg

Except it didn't stay like that so I eventually combed out the curl, but you can still see that it already looks healthier, look:

6900473897_f9184f3a05.jpg

And finally, this is from about an hour ago:

7054719477_168bff5860.jpg

Most of the difference is styling (it's been an awfully long time since I used heat on my hair on a regular basis so I didn't have too much damage) but comparing the pictures like this makes it clear to me just how much my hair needed moisture! Just the other day I got an, "I really love the soft wavy thing you've got going on with your hair! What is this, a new technique?" and an, "Is your hair naturally curly?" within the space of about ten minutes. :mrgreen:

Wow, great pictures Amandamarie! You and you're hair both look great. In a few weeks, I hope I can post some before and after pictures that look half as good :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hair: Very fine, normal porous (Finally! Yay!), normal elasticity, loves high dew points.
    Daily: Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo, GVP CB, Cure Care conditioner, aloe vera gel, Jessicurls products, Spiral Solutions products.
    Monthly: Henna
    As needed: John Masters Organics Sea Mist
    HG Product: BioSilk Rock Hard Gelee (aka BRHG. It even has HG in the name!)
    Last perm: 12/10/10
    CG since: 3/9/12
    Last haircut: 4/17/12
    Gossamer Fringe (my blog)
    Wow, great pictures Amandamarie! You and you're hair both look great. In a few weeks, I hope I can post some before and after pictures that look half as good :)

Aww thank you so much! I'm sure yours are great too; imposter wavies have the best hair.:occasion9:

I also have a handsome kitten in some of mine which makes them look good by default. :angel9:
    2a/b (really thick but sort of fine with pretty weak waves), medium-to-fine texture, normal porosity (I think). Doesn't seem to like protein.

Favorite products: Kinky-Curly Knot Today, Kinky-Curly Curling Custard, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Curl Junkie Curl Rehab, Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion, Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk, homemade flaxseed gel.

• IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hair looks so healthy now, amandamarie. The kitty snuggle is adorable, but your hair holds its own. Hope the compliments are taken to heart!
  • 09robiha09robiha Posts: 683Registered Users
    All the before and afters look great guys!
    Mixture of 2c/3a curls, fine to med texture

:love5: PROTEIN LOVER!!! :love5:

Wishing my hair would be more like this
    > :angel13:
    and less like this
    > :evil5:
  • Bcake86Bcake86 Posts: 14Registered Users
    Okay. I'll play!

My hair forever-NATURALLY!
    7131_1183122311028_1617336391_46-1.jpg

Hair went wavy 7/1/2010
    firsthair.jpg

Now, 8/28/2010
    hair050-1-1.jpg
    How do you style your bangs? They look well under control, they look great
    I've been more or less CG for about a month now, so I'm not posting Before and After pictures, as much as Before and During pictures.

This is me, June 2011. 6 months after my Perm From Hell. (Hair loss, breakage, split ends, I finally had to just cut it all off.)

2011+June.jpg

And this is me today, testing out all the new Spiral Solutions stuff that I got! :)

2012+April.jpg

You can't really see it in the picture, so you'll just have to trust me when I say there's more wave, curl, and even some spirals in there! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hair: Very fine, normal porous (Finally! Yay!), normal elasticity, loves high dew points.
    Daily: Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo, GVP CB, Cure Care conditioner, aloe vera gel, Jessicurls products, Spiral Solutions products.
    You can't really see it in the picture, so you'll just have to trust me when I say there's more wave, curl, and even some spirals in there! :)

Pretty hair! The length looks really good.

• Libra_MoonLibra_Moon Posts: 255Registered Users
    I'm posting so I can find this thread later when I have time to look through the whole thing later...

Sent from my DROID X2 using CurlTalk App with accidental obvious autocorrect errors throughout.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Growing out Pixie since 5-10-2008 with some trims and anxiety chops along the way...
    hair details: BSL(c)/MBL(s) - 2b/2c (MPD if truth be told) - f/m, iii, porosity med-low.
    Please feel free to follow my FB blog page as I go through Cosmetology school abd beyond
    what else do you need/want to know? Blame all spelling mistakes on me, my fat fingers or autocorrect.
    oh yeah, and I'm newly gluten free...thanks to celiac
  • ItsybitsygbugItsybitsygbug Posts: 10Registered Users
    My hair is actually curly! Crazy. The first picture is today and the last picture is at the beginning of week 2, immediately following a protein treatment. My hair is kind of...weird. I think that it's just something that needs to grow out, you know? You can really see how short is is in the back in the 2nd picture.
    Pretty hair! The length looks really good.

Aw, thank you :) The length is a post BC length. I had to cut all the damage from the perm out a couple of weeks ago. It was down to APL, which always dried to about shoulder length :) I may not have 3's curls, but I have the shrinkage! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ChikyuuChikyuu Posts: 268Registered Users
    April 2010
    26878_1160748278648_1826051422_312805_7791459_n.jpg

March 2012 (4.5 months CG)
    542698_2501353712946_1826051422_1602750_1642628488_n.jpg

April 2012 (5.5 months CG)
    575106_2628144002624_1826051422_1668366_999180506_n.jpg
    PhoneCurtainScale.jpgPhoneFrontScale.jpgWEbcamHaircutscale.jpg
    2c or something MODCG Since December 2011!
    New May 20th Routine
    Low-poo:SheaM
    Co-wash:VO5 KiwiLime or VanillaMint
    LI:TN, Regis OliveOil Condish, GVP CB
    Styler: LALSG
    Daily routine: Cleanse, LI, soak with water, scrunch in gel, plop, pixie diffuse, air dry.

• proudcurlygirlyproudcurlygirly Posts: 478Registered Users
    Chikyuu wrote: »
    April 2010
    26878_1160748278648_1826051422_312805_7791459_n.jpg

March 2012 (4.5 months CG)
    542698_2501353712946_1826051422_1602750_1642628488_n.jpg

April 2012 (5.5 months CG)
    575106_2628144002624_1826051422_1668366_999180506_n.jpg

:love7: Wow, you can really see the difference in definition in your last pic. Gorgeous!
    :icon_smile: UK Curly
    Curl type : Boticelli, 3a, loose curls
    Porosity : High
    Texture : Fine/medium (I think!)
    Co-wash/rinse out/leave in : L'oreal Full Restore 5, GFR&S, Schwarzkopf Bio Pomegranite
    Gels : Umberto Giannini Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly
    Finish product : Boots Naked Style Frizz Fighter Serum or a pea-sized blob of condish smoothed over canopy
    CG since Feb 2011
  • ChikyuuChikyuu Posts: 268Registered Users
    <3 Thanks proud. I'll admit those were on some of the better CG days. Wavy hair as a mind of it's own and it's never the same two days in a row! XD
    PhoneCurtainScale.jpgPhoneFrontScale.jpgWEbcamHaircutscale.jpg
    2c or something MODCG Since December 2011!
    New May 20th Routine
    Low-poo:SheaM
    Co-wash:VO5 KiwiLime or VanillaMint
    LI:TN, Regis OliveOil Condish, GVP CB
    Styler: LALSG
    Daily routine: Cleanse, LI, soak with water, scrunch in gel, plop, pixie diffuse, air dry.

touch.of.ink, you can totally tell a difference! You've got great curl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hair Properties: 2A/2B, Medium-fine, Normal porosity, Normal elasticity, Medium density
    Gel/Mousse: Sweet Curls Elixirs FSG w/ Mag Sulfate added, Sweet Curls Elixirs hard hold gel, DevaCurl Frizz Free Foam, Aquage Uplifting Foam
  • Ems84Ems84 Posts: 10Registered Users
    I'll play...

the first is the day before i started CG on a day when i was pretty happy with my hair.

second is about 3 months in after doing a BC/ACV and PT. I def couldnt get curls like that before CG but it still takes a lot of effort. the only way my curls are as defined is if i do the full BC/ACV and PT.... anyway... heres the pics
  • pixiepixie Posts: 140Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ems84 wrote: »
    I'll play...

the first is the day before i started CG on a day when i was pretty happy with my hair.

second is about 3 months in after doing a BC/ACV and PT. I def couldnt get curls like that before CG but it still takes a lot of effort. the only way my curls are as defined is if i do the full BC/ACV and PT.... anyway... heres the pics

Gorgeous curls :)
    2a/f//ii (fia)
    Normal elasticity, Normal porosity, Fine texture
    Low poo L'oreal eversleek,
    Co wash Keracare
    RO Tresemme Naturals, DB pumpkinseed, Giovanni 2chic a&o
    Stylers BRHG, Volumax Mega gel, Darcy's Botanicals ccg, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam, FSG, Camille Rose Curl Maker, Keracare Custard
    jakrussel3 wrote: »
    touch.of.ink, you can totally tell a difference! You've got great curl!

Aw, thank you jakrussel :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ok, here are my before and "after two months CG" pix. I really hope my hair isn't done changing yet :)

Before: Washed, brushed while wet, brushed again after it was dried. No conditioner, no other styling products. No wonder I can't find any "good" pictures of my hair :)

2010-05-10+pre+CG.jpg

Today: Washed, conditioned, aloe vera gel, SSCEJ and SS FH.

2012-05-10+20.00.51.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pixiepixie Posts: 140Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow great curls Touch.of.ink.
    I'm still struggling with scalp parting issues. Will try clipping today :)
    2a/f//ii (fia)
    Normal elasticity, Normal porosity, Fine texture
    Low poo L'oreal eversleek,
    Co wash Keracare
    RO Tresemme Naturals, DB pumpkinseed, Giovanni 2chic a&o
    Stylers BRHG, Volumax Mega gel, Darcy's Botanicals ccg, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam, FSG, Camille Rose Curl Maker, Keracare Custard
  • MyNameMyName Posts: 63Registered Users
    Here is my before. I usually just did a traditional blow out with round brush, etc.6cd1a6bc-5577-b42a.jpg

Here is my after. This is about 2 months cg. 6cd1a6bc-55d6-c644.jpg
    2a canopy with 2b underneath.
    Fine hair, low elasticity,
    Hair dislikes oil
    Live in dry climate
  • wavymelsywavymelsy Posts: 27Registered Users
    Pre CG and about a month in.
    Low porosity, fine, med. elasticity, 2A/B, ii
    Yearly Average Dew Point:20-45
  • RainyDayWavesRainyDayWaves Posts: 162Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Alright I wanna play too lol. Here's a pic from 2010 of my hair natural and not straightened or curled. and one of this morning (about a month in). :)

Also, I got carried away looking at pics for this, so if you want to see more, I posted them here lol

Captain's Log - Month 1: Pre-CG and Beyond
    2a-2c (depending on the day)
    Medium-fine texture, High density, Normal porosity, Normal elasticity, APL.

event.png

What happens to you here is forever
    Had to do this again.... Mirror photo is the "before." :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hey250hey250 Posts: 12Registered Users
    Wow, you all have so amazing hair and a huge transformation during curly girl!! :)
  • HydePrydeHydePryde Posts: 9Registered Users
    Well, I've only been doing CG for a couple of weeks, but here's my progress:
    The first is from a few years ago - bleaching my hair and blow drying it with a round brush.
    The second is from a couple of days ago - I still dye my hair, but not with harsh bleaches. I let it air dry, and then SOTC.
  • colormemichellecolormemichelle Posts: 16Registered Users
    I love all these before after wavies (bumping for this reason!) I've been sulfate free for months. I've been using L'oreals line. When I air dry, I'm a 2A, but when I diffuse I'm a 2B (2C if I'm lucky). I just found this site this week, bought a cowash from the same line. I'm really wanting to branch out and find what will work best for me? Sorry, no before after pics yet! I've only been using my cowash for 2 days. Most of my befores I had also taken a curling iron to stubborn pieces of hair.

I'm so jealous of my boyfriend, he has 3A hair. It's so cute and curly on the top of his head. I'm hoping mine will at least start taming and not be so frizzy. When I reach that point (or any better point) I'm for sure posting in here! Hooray for giving hope to new-wavies!
    2A-3A, Low Porosity, Protein-Picky

Currently:
    Low-Poo: L'Oreal EverCreme Moisturizing Shampoo
    CO-Wash: L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
    RO: L'Oreal EverCreme Intense Moisturizing Conditioner
    DT/LI: L`Oreal EverSleek Smoothing Deep Conditioner
    PT: Hask Henna 'n Placenta
    Styler: L'Oreal Everstyle Curl Activating Mousse, LA Bella Curl Gel, TRESemme Hairspray

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file