Before/After for Wavies

Comments

• CurlyColombianaCurlyColombiana Posts: 82Registered Users
    pedaheh wrote: »
    Wow Curly Colombian, you got some great shine and definition. Looks really healthy.

Thanks so much :)
    2c/3a; low porosity; fine texture
    Shampoo: Aussie Moisturizing Shampoo; Giovanni TTT Shampoo, Renpure Organics Shampoo (red bottle), Bragg ACV
    Conditioner: AO Honey Suckle Rose, Renpure Organics Conditioner (red bottle)
    Co-Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut
    D.T: CJ Curl Rehab
    L.I: CJ BC; KCKT; Alba Botanica Fragrance Free
    Styler: KCCC; L.A Looks Sports; Alba Botanica Fragrance Free Strong Hold Gel
    Pomade: Kinky Curly Gloss Pomade
    P.T: CJ Curl Fix
    Scalp Moisturizer: Shea Butter

• International LadyInternational Lady Posts: 11Registered Users
    Took me a while to find this thread, but this is my before and after. The first picture was taken near the end of June! Went no-poo straight ever. Also stopped using heat on my hair, started using the right products and stopped pulling and tugging on my hair. I have embraced my curls!!

hairtransformation1.jpg
    Type 2c. 3a on a good day. CG since 07/2010

Hair regime (2x/week)
    Conditioner: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
    Moisturizer: Dark & Lovely
    Seal: CHI Silk Infusion or Shu Uemura Essence Absolue oil
    2nd day: CHI Keratin Mist or John Frieda Dream Curls Spray
    Deep treatment (1x/month): extra virgin coconut oil
    Pro no-poo! <3
  • DolphinDolphin Posts: 329Registered Users
    Bump.

Would like to see more pictures of how CG worked for wavies. :)
    Some 2b in the back, mostly (using FIA) 2c/F/iii.

Fine hair, normal porosity, and normal elasticity.

I'm still new to this CG stuff, so ANY tips you could give me are appreciated. :)

I have Celiac Disease, which means I can't eat or use products with wheat in it.

Formerly known as curlygirl92 and mixofwavescurls
  • sleepyjesssleepyjess Posts: 297Registered Users
    I'm also bumping this. After an hour of racking up some serious curl envy on the general before/after thread, I'm coming here to rack up some more.

You all have gorgeous hair! Good thing I'm not a lunatic wigmaker with access to your housekeys.
    Oregon curly!
    Fine hair; weighed down easily; high porosity; prone to flyaways & The Bedhead Look
    2b? (or not 2b? Heehee.)
    Mod-CG since Nov '10
    Cowash: VO5 Calming Chamomile
    RO: Desert Essences Coconut
    Gel: Pantene Curls Gel, LALSG
    http://public.fotki.com/sleepyjess/ (updated: 5.28.11)

"She may be afraid of trees. But when push comes to shove, she won't let you drink the shampoo. No matter how good it smells."

:faroah:Visit me! http://nakedsquid.blogspot.com
  • jesuschick1993jesuschick1993 Posts: 7Registered Users
    Bump!

Need more wavies pics! Looking for curl twin lol
    I am a Wavy Girl,and I want to get more out of my wave!

Still trying:sad3:

Current bio:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/1601506-post128.html
  • MountaincurlMountaincurl Posts: 571Registered Users
    Before: Fall 2008

After: January 2011

Photo 18.jpg

Photo 331.jpg
    Wyoming, mod CG since 08/2010
    2cFii (fia), normal/normal, bleached, loves protein.
    Seborrheic dermatitis diagnosed 02/2016
  • IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oooh, Mountaincurl, so very pretty. What a change. DIfferent haircut too! So shiny and defined and such a pretty color.
  • MountaincurlMountaincurl Posts: 571Registered Users
    Thanks IAgirl. Before I went CG my hair was always super long, and now on CG it doesn't seem to grow. Weird. I cut my own hair, and the second picture is after a much-needed trim.
    Wyoming, mod CG since 08/2010
    2cFii (fia), normal/normal, bleached, loves protein.
    Seborrheic dermatitis diagnosed 02/2016
  • IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks IAgirl. Before I went CG my hair was always super long, and now on CG it doesn't seem to grow. Weird. I cut my own hair, and the second picture is after a much-needed trim.

NICE work on the trim!
  • CurlyCheerCupCurlyCheerCup Posts: 32Registered Users
    This was a year or two ago:
    100_8586-1.jpg

a month ago, right after a haircut:
    163623_10150341664855184_773395183_16236903_4746445_n.jpg

and in my signature is my more recent one, here's a link to a larger version: http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh9/hihisakura/IMG_5373.jpg

I'm happy with the improvement, but I think that I want my hair shorter because it is really thick and it's curlier when it's short, but I need it past my shoulders or I can't stand it. Any suggestions? finding a stylist in calgary is hard :9
    :icescream:Type:2c/3a botticelli curls with 2b/c at the underlayers and some of the back, very thick and mid-back length, black w/ very few caramel highlights

I kept falling off the cg wagon but finally started properly as of July 2010
    I use tresemme naturals condish, liveclean argan oil and argan oil leave-in condish and curl keeper!:angel9:

Canadian-raised Filipino!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :cheers:
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    Very cute Curly Cheer Cup!

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• CurlyCheerCupCurlyCheerCup Posts: 32Registered Users
    plunkybug wrote: »
    Very cute Curly Cheer Cup!

thank you C:
    :icescream:Type:2c/3a botticelli curls with 2b/c at the underlayers and some of the back, very thick and mid-back length, black w/ very few caramel highlights

I kept falling off the cg wagon but finally started properly as of July 2010
    I use tresemme naturals condish, liveclean argan oil and argan oil leave-in condish and curl keeper!:angel9:

Canadian-raised Filipino!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :cheers:
  • joyfulheart18joyfulheart18 Posts: 14Registered Users
    Serious curl envy...
  • lms6241lms6241 Posts: 14Registered Users
    The before was taken at the end of January 2011 and the after is middle of April 2011.
    P1000585.jpg

P1000676.jpg
    My holy grails: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo, GVP Conditioning Balm, Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee.
  • chicletchiclet Posts: 5Registered Users
    After a few months of mostly-CG, I finally have some progress.
    My before pic is the one with the purple shirt and longer hair, on what used to be a really wavy, good hair day.

Then I started CG (modified in that I occasionally use a sulfate-free shampoo).
    What has made a difference for me is getting a cut with some layering, as well as some of the products I have tried. I have been getting the best results with EcoStyler mixed with a tiny bit of Curl Hair Solutions Curl Keeper, raked through wet hair in the shower, and then scrunching in a good amount of BRHG and pumping/squishing it in my palms (as I lean to one side, then the other) to get some clumping going, and then I step out of the shower, turn upside down, squish a bit more, and then plop for half an hour or so. I occasionally also dry a bit using the Pixie Drying method, and try *really* hard not to touch it until it dries.

I don't have a very strong curl pattern, but with the right amount of product and on a good day, I have waaaay more curl than I ever knew was there! After years spent flat ironing my hair to make it less "poofy," it's quite the revelation to understand that my hair is wavy, not just "big."

Now that I wear my hair wavy every day, I even have people asking if I have permed my hair!
  • swtndspcyswtndspcy Posts: 692Registered Users
    I was looking through some of my pictures today, and although I have no pics of the back of my hair pre-CG... I did find a couple of the front. I haven't taken many pictures because I usually look so sickly lately, so wavey pics are few and far between. But I found my new BE make-up to be quite photo genic, so I took some pics today. :)
    1st 2 are pre-cg. Last 3 I took today. (5th week CG) :)
  • missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Dang we've all come a long way! First one is the day after I used henna the first time and pre-CG.
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
  • ginny11ginny11 Posts: 12Registered Users
    Hello, I'm a new wavy and had some CG success tonight thanks to this great website and forum! The first pic is my before, taken earlier today. I had gotten very frustrated with my hair this a.m., put too much coconut oil in it, and then brushed the he!! out of it, LOL! I should mention, just got it cut last week, with instructions to the stylist to cut to work with the wave, so I can try to go "natural".
    The second pic is from this evening. I did a "final" sulfate was to get rid of the Fructis Cream Gel cones. Then I co-washed with EO Coconut Conditioner, using icequeen method (also used a tiny bit of this as a LI). Scrunched in my newly-purchased Herbal Essences Totally Twisted gel. I scrunched out as much water as possible upside down, and ended up scrunching out a little more with a microfiber towel and and old tshirt. Let it airdry about 1 1/2 hours, then SOTC'd. Success at long last!!! I now have hope! I know I can get it looking better with practice, but this is so much better than it's ever looked that I am already happy!

Thanks everyone here!!!
    2b, high porosity (due to hair coloring),medium-to-coarse, not sure about elasticity, dry, weak wave pattern, prone to halo/crown frizz.

Doing the no-poo for now...
    No-poo: EO coconut conditioner
    LI: dab of EO coconut conditioner & Aveeno leave-in treatment
    Curl enhancers/gel: CCCCL, FSG and CIAB
    EVCO as shine serum
    PT/DT: trying various combos

Methods/techniques: variations of icequeen and supersoaking, sometimes pixie diffuse, sometimes plop, but still looking for the magic combo.
  • krm4hkrm4h Posts: 54Registered Users
    Yay! I just started CG yesterday. Loving it so far. Here's my before:

5756343239_77efe13956.jpg
  • techmomtechmom Posts: 300Registered Users
    1. a year ago
    2. just before cg
    3. 3 weeks in before hair cut (my canopy was straighter than the rest so I had layers cut in)
    4. 3 weeks in after hair cut
    5. 6 weeks in

I am still working on styling. It appears the end of my hair is too thin, but I have come to realize that I have a cowlick at the nape of my neck that pushes all my hair to one side (my son says it looks like I have been wearing a pony tail). I am working on that.

:)
    2a (nc.com), 2a/2bFii (fia), normal porosity

Cowash:TN Radiant Volume
    RO TN Moisturizing .
    Styling products:AVG, Ecostyler Crystal
    Styling Methods: Pixie-style diffusing - total fav
    Low-poo: AO Nourishing Lavender

http://designdedication.com

saved by grace, walking by faith
  • hippiechic81hippiechic81 Posts: 1,239Registered Users
    techmom wrote: »
    1. a year ago
    2. just before cg
    3. 3 weeks in before hair cut (my canopy was straighter than the rest so I had layers cut in)
    5. 6 weeks in

I am still working on styling. It appears the end of my hair is too thin, but I have come to realize that I have a cowlick at the nape of my neck that pushes all my hair to one side (my son says it looks like I have been wearing a pony tail). I am working on that.

I remember when you first joined!! You have come a really long way and your hair looks amazing!! Learning how to style your new waves can take a while so be patient. I too have a cowlick so I feel your pain on that. Keep up the good work!!
    2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
    - Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

http://balancedbeauty.blogspot.com/
    Thanks hippiechic. You and all the other wavies have been most helpful.

Sent from my VM670 using CurlTalk App

RO TN Moisturizing .

• TriciatheTerribleTriciatheTerrible Posts: 45Registered Users
    Techmom, I LOVE your hair, I'm dying to get my waves to do that in the front and back.
    Since your hair's thin though (mine is too), how'd you manage to keep your hair from being weight down by all the conditioner??
    2a/2b
    fine-normal strands
    thick hair
    Mod CG since April 2011
  • hippiechic81hippiechic81 Posts: 1,239Registered Users
    Aw shucks!! We have a pretty awesome group going on here in Wavy Land!
    2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
    - Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

http://balancedbeauty.blogspot.com/
    Techmom, I LOVE your hair, I'm dying to get my waves to do that in the front and back.
    Since your hair's thin though (mine is too), how'd you manage to keep your hair from being weight down by all the conditioner??

Thanks so much! I give credit to all the great help I have received on here, so I hope I can pass it on.

The #5 pic is actually second day hair (which is today). Today I spritzed (I have a spray bottle with 1 1/2c water, 1 1/2 t mag sulfate, and 1 T suave naturals coconut - approx measurements), then I sprayed on a bit of suave spray gel (for curls), scrunched it in a bit and then diffused until almost dry. SOTC when completely dry.

I low-pooed yesterday with Avalon Organics which has protein in it, which I need. I low-poo about once a week. I am trying to stretch it out further and further. My rinse out is Tresseme naturals.

On days that I cowash I have been using VO5 clarifying, but I am thinking of going back to using the Tresseme naturals for my cowash too (it foams up a bit and I think it helps carry away some of the grime). Once out of the shower I comb with wide tooth comb, I spray with a little bit of my second day spritz concotion (my hair likes the mag sulfate, but I have to be careful not to overdo it or I feel kinda chalky) then add Garnier pure clean gel (I love this stuff! It isn't sticky at all. I have also used FSG with a 1/4t of mag sulfate) to the still really wet hair scrunching/pumping it in upside down. Then I take as much moisture out with a microfiber towel, just scrunching and holding sections at a time. When I can't squeeze out any more water, I spray on a little of the suave spray gel, then diffuse (mostly pixie style). My hair is still transitioning and my canopy is the loosest of waves. Clumping is not for me for the most part because I am too thin, but sometimes I feel a bit stringy. I remedy this, I lift my canopy and do a very gentle comb with a wide tooth comb on the stuff under the canopy and then set the canopy back down. The result is that the canopy waves don't get pulled out and the rest provides volume.

Oh and I never use a straight leave it anymore. I always end of feeling slimy no matter how little I use. Hope this helps you on your wavy journey. :flower:

RO TN Moisturizing .

• TriciatheTerribleTriciatheTerrible Posts: 45Registered Users
    Wow, thank you! :notworthy:
    My hair definatly doesn't clump and almost always feels stringy because of it's lack of waving.
    What's mag sulfate though?
    2a/2b
    fine-normal strands
    thick hair
    Mod CG since April 2011
    Wow, thank you! :notworthy:
    My hair definatly doesn't clump and almost always feels stringy because of it's lack of waving.
    What's mag sulfate though?

Epsom salt. ;)

Sent from my VM670 using CurlTalk App

RO TN Moisturizing .

• dgprocessdgprocess Posts: 63Registered Users
    I haven't posted on here in quite a while.

As a treat for getting tenure and promotion to Associate Professor, I got a cute shorter cut and highlights. Posted below are a before CG pic, one a few months in, and today.
    2b, oily scalp, dry hair, thick (iii), medium texture, medium porosity,low elasticity- prone to canopy frizz!
    modified CG since 8/29/10
    currently using:
    low-poo: DevaCurl Low Poo (in summer)
    no-poo: DevaCurl No Poo (in winter)
    co-wash and LI: DevaCurl One Condition
    styler: DevaCurl AnGEL (in winter), Nancy Boy gel (in summer- has no glycerin)
    Pixie diffuse upside down til just damp, clip the hell out of it, and let air dry (or use bonnet dryer), SOTC
    dgprocess wrote: »
    I haven't posted on here in quite a while.

As a treat for getting tenure and promotion to Associate Professor, I got a cute shorter cut and highlights. Posted below are a before CG pic, one a few months in, and today.

Congrats on the awesome hair and the promotion! :glasses3:

RO TN Moisturizing .

• swtndspcyswtndspcy Posts: 692Registered Users
    techmom wrote: »
    1. a year ago
    2. just before cg
    5. 6 weeks in

Your canopy has really took to waving very well!
    It looks great!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file