Before/After for Wavies

1789101113»

Comments

• naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I suspect you have more curl there. I notice actually that your shorter hairs are bouncier and curlier. Right now I think it's a tough call about length because your previous short length was made of damaged hair. It wasn't til I got my hair cut short, cutting off the henna/hydrogen peroxide, that my true curl pattern emerged, much curlier than what I ever could have guessed.

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • wycurlswycurls Posts: 47Registered Users
    heres my journey! its hard out west figuring out moisture! i barely can use glycerine products! 1st 2 pics are pre CG, 3rd pic is 2 months in CG, 4th is "big chop" and deva cut, 5th is fluffy wavy 3rd day hair 6 months in, last is 7th months in after devacut.
  • JD.GameAccouJD.GameAccou Posts: 46Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've been mod-CG since the fall. Tried a LOT of products, but I feel like I'm finally figuring out my hair.

1st Pix: Spring 2015
    2nd Pix :Fall 2015
    3rd Pix: July 2016 (after I had to get it cut)
    - Rose

2B/C wavy, fine, high porosity hair

Mod-CG
    Poo: Renpure Bamboo Coconut Water Shampoo
    Condish - SoCozy Boing Sweet Crème Curl Conditioner
    Leave in- KCKT, JM Organics Citrus/Neroli Detangler
    Curl Cream: CJ Coffee-Coco Curl Creme-Lite
    Gel: *searching*
    PT: CJ Repair Me, Gelatin
    Pre-Poo/Overnight: Aloe, Jojoba & Tea Tree Oil Mix
    Clarifying: Redken Cleansing Cream Shampoo

*Allergic to Devacurl and Herbal Essences
  • Lara.PernatLara.Pernat Posts: 17Registered Users
    Hey guys!
    I just found this site and I love it!!
    My hair went crazy curly when I was 13, until then it was straight. And I hated it curly :D I kept it in a ponytail all the time and I had a bad case of triangle head when I did wear it down. Because of that, I decided to grow it long to get rid of volume. I slowly started to like it, the only thing I hated was frizz, I had lots and lots of frizz even tho I never brushed it dry.
    Well, about two years ago my hair decided to become straight again, just when I started to like it :sad5:
    I started my "research" what could I do about it and found about CG. I've been following CG method since May, and my hair did get healthier, and I have much less frizz, but it looks like my curls are gone (that's why I don't know If I should post this in type 2 or 3 forums :D ).

First 3 photost are before CG, last 2 are from a week ago :)
  • CurlyZoeyCurlyZoey Posts: 17Registered Users
    Here's my contribution! Before: about 4 years ago, brushing it out everyday, no product / leave-in only. Now: modified CG, what a difference!
    aggressively wavy | baby-fine | low density | high porosity

starting from scratch on products, Living Proof "Timeless" was a disaster (crispy dry after 6 mos)
  • kellekkellek Posts: 16Registered Users
    Two weeks in to CG! Two tweaks are going to happen: 1) switch from the L'Oreal EverCurl cleanser to Suave Coconut, 2) switching from gel to mousse. Gel has been leaving me stringy and makes my hair feel gunky.
    :angel9:Curly Girl Newbie - started 9/7/2016
    2a/2b, fine texture, medium density

Current Routine
    Low Poo: Giovanni 50/50 Shampoo
    Conditioner: Giovanni 50/50 Conditioner
    Stylers: Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper/KY Lube, ISO BOuncy Curls, Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls, Herbal Essence Body Envy Mousse, LA Looks gel (working out the right combo)
  • sarah.g.honssarah.g.hons Posts: 1Registered Users
    th_hair1.jpg

th_hair4.jpg

th_hair3.jpg

Quite the journey!

Wow! Your hair is so much like mine and has turned out so beautifully! What did you do differently?
  • suzi2qssuzi2qs Posts: 13Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ooh!! Here's mine. 1st pic really shows how frizzle fried I was. 2nd pic is about 20 minutes after my curly cut. 3rd is from last month. I used to set my hair in pincurls every night. The only product I ever used was hairspray, and lots of it. I am pretty happy with the change.

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
    Modified CG 7/29/2016
    LoPoo - SM FF, Jessicurl Gentle Lather,KCCC, Malibu C UnDoGoo
    Co-wash - Camille Rose Caramel Co Wash
    RO - DC Decadence, Jessicurl Too Shea! CJ Curl Rehab. LI - As I Am, Camille Rose Moisture Milk
    Styler - DC Ultra Defining Gel, KCCC, AG Re-coil Camille Rose Curl Maker
    DT - CJ Rehab & Repair Mielle Organics Babassu
    Olaplex 1 & 2 monthly, Deva Towel, 2 prong hair clips, satin sleep bonnet. Clarify with sulfate shampoo monthly, no cones.
  • SavagegirlSavagegirl Posts: 382Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This is a before and after (literally one day) with and without my belived Innersense products.

After using a sulfate free shampoo, I rinsed out but left in a bit of Innersense Color Conditioner, a teeny bit of olaplex 3 followed by raking and scrunching Innersense I Create Volume and a lot of Innersense Curl Cream. Topped with a teeny bit of Kinky Custard for hold. Clipped and hood dried.
    __
    2C-3A Fine, medium density, very long
    Modified CG Method / Natural Only since 2015
    Earthtones Naturals Lover
    :thumbright:
    Canadian!!
    This is a before and after (literally one day) with and without my belived Innersense products.

After using a sulfate free shampoo, I rinsed out but left in a bit of Innersense Color Conditioner, a teeny bit of olaplex 3 followed by raking and scrunching Innersense I Create Volume and a lot of Innersense Curl Cream. Topped with a teeny bit of Kinky Custard for hold. Clipped and hood dried.
    __
    Canadian!!
  • ShelleyCookShelleyCook Posts: 54Registered Users
    Ooh that's beautiful! Your hair looks good before but after is exceptional. Looks like perfect curling iron curls.

Sent from my SM-N910C using CurlTalk App
    CG since 2009. Fine 2C

Shampoo - Shikai Tea Tree Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner - Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor
    Leave In Conditioner - Giovanni Direct Leave In
    Styler - Queen Helene Royal Curl Curl Shaping Creme (gel) - looking for replacement b/c discontinued
    Scrunch out the Crunch - coconut oil
  • ShelleyCookShelleyCook Posts: 54Registered Users
    I would love to know exactly what you used in your hair in the last picture. Perfect hair. Although they all look great.
    curlync wrote: »
    I love seeing everyone's before and after pics!

My first image is pre-CG, the second image is about 2 months CG (while still going through a lot of product sample trial and error), the last three are all 7 months CG - I included all of them to show the differences in curl pattern I still get depending on the day, weather, products, etc.

Sent from my SM-N910C using CurlTalk App
    CG since 2009. Fine 2C

Shampoo - Shikai Tea Tree Shampoo
    Rinse Out Conditioner - Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor
    Leave In Conditioner - Giovanni Direct Leave In
    Styler - Queen Helene Royal Curl Curl Shaping Creme (gel) - looking for replacement b/c discontinued
    Scrunch out the Crunch - coconut oil
    Thank you! The before pic is what shea moisture coconut and hibiscus line does for me in winter.. lol So nice in the warm summer but so not in the winter.

I cannot recommend Innersense products enough however they are the priciest products Ive seen and not everyone will be able to pay those prices unfortunately.
    __
    Canadian!!
  • ellajellaj Posts: 826Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso

@Savagegirl your hair is beautiful!  <3

Type: 2c
    Density: medium
    Porosity: high
    Thickness: fine

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file