Conditioners for Co-Washing - Need Recommendations

I'm so sorry to ask this question b/c I know I should do some research instead of bothering everyone. :toothy7:

Besides Suave and VO5, can you give me a list of conditioners that are really popular and good for co-washing? I'd like to co-wash maybe two or three times a week, but I need help finding the right conditioner. I already have CJ Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner, but I can only use it once a month. I'm look for something I can use two or three times a week.
3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.

Comments

• MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think it would help others help you if you were more specific. For example, what do you LIKE In a cowash, don't like. Why do you only use CJDF once a month? Do you have hard water? Do you have very dry hair? Do you hate protein? Etc.

I only use CJDF to cowash, so I'm not help at all, sorry.

But you could always just try the rinse outs you already have and see how they work for you as cowashes.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • heidiheidi Posts: 243Registered Users
    I really like Renpure Body & Shine (green bottle) conditioner for my co-washes. It keeps my scalp nice and clean and I don't need to use a ton like with the really cheap brands. But, I just noticed you don't like soy protein, so it probably wouldn't work for you :(
    Another popular one I see mentioned quite a bit is the Tresemme Naturals line.
    Medium-fine Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity, Thick Density
    Co-wash: Renpure Body&Shine
    RO: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
    LI/Curl Enhancer: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
    Other: I'll add a little AG Mousse Gel if I want something extra.
  • FairlyCurlyFairlyCurly Posts: 839Registered Users
    MirCurls wrote: »
    I think it would help others help you if you were more specific. For example, what do you LIKE In a cowash, don't like. Why do you only use CJDF once a month? Do you have hard water? Do you have very dry hair? Do you hate protein? Etc.

I only use CJDF to cowash, so I'm not help at all, sorry.

But you could always just try the rinse outs you already have and see how they work for you as cowashes.

I'm still trying to figure out which ingredients and which combo of ingredients cause me trouble. I do know that I can't handle soy protein in large amounts, but the jury is still out on glycerin and aloe. I use CJDF once a month for hard water build up, but if I use it more than that my hair gets really dry and hard. I thought about trying [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Wen-Sweet-Almond-Mint-Cleansing-Conditioner-p-595.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=wen-by-chaz-dean-sweet-almond-mint-cleansing-conditioner]Wen Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner[/buylink] instead.

These are the rinse outs that I have, but am not entirely happy with:

Paul Mitchell Daily Moisture (too much soy)
    CJ BeautiCurls Daily Conditioner (makes hair really frizzy)
    MOP Mixed Greens Conditioner (good, but can only use a small amount b/c of castor oil)

My leave-ins are [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] and MOP Leave-In, but those aren't suitable for co-washing.

If anyone has a suggestion for conditioners that work well as co-washes, please let me know. Keep in mind I can't use soy protein.
    3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.
  • RudyyRudyy Posts: 2Registered Users
    well i use cantu shea butter leave in conditioner and condition products its really good for your hair ! I love it ! You can try it as well !
  • lizzlebelizzlelizzlebelizzle Posts: 287Registered Users
    My favorite is Tresemme Naturals moisturizing. I used to use Suave and VO5, but this stuff detangles so well and even gets a little foamy when I scrub my scalp. I've switched over completely.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file