is it a teen guy or young guy thing?

Is it a teen guy thing or something because it seems as if older and mature guys really like the natural texture of AA hair . Like i see guys about my age and they look but it's like they look cause they are shocked someone young has went natural . Or is it a teen guy thing they have to grow out of .. idk just wondering?lol
schokolade&curls
:afro:3c/4a curls:glasses7:
comic-p.jpg
> Loving my naturally curly hair , haven't regretted the choice yet<

http://members.fotki.com/pancakess/

Comments

• MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I met my hubby in my early twenties (he's same age) when I had natural hair, and he liked my hair that way. I went through shorter hair, longer hair, blown-dried, natural...and he does tend to prefer my curls. :)

So, depends on the guys, I guess.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • porque_pigporque_pig Posts: 238Registered Users
    I think that sometimes, it depends on the guy. But I wonder if teens and younger guys are used to seeing all the girls their age trying to conform to an ideal of what hair should look like. I remember when a friend of mine went natural in high school, and a lot of people (both male and female) were shocked about it and preferred her hair before she went natural. But several years later after lots of identity-searching and growing up, I think our peers are more willing to accept it. I think the pressure of fitting in is so strong in high school and sometimes into college that anything that doesn't fit the "norm" is deemed unusual. I bet you'll have a slightly different experience in a few years.
    :batman: 2b/cFi, low density, normal porosity, high elasticity

Low-poo
    : Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Conditioner
    : Suave Naturals (whatever scent I have on hand)
    Styling
    : Paul Mitchell Round Trip, Tresemme Climate Control Finishing Spray

I'm a hair minimalist: the less time I spend on my hair, the better.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file