Olay Definity Intense Hydrating Cream

munchkinmunchkin Registered Users Posts: 2,909 Curl Connoisseur
http://www.olay.com/Pages/DefinityProductDetail.aspx?pid=037000000570

I was getting a pedicure last week and came across an article rating different moisturizers, etc. It said Olay Definity Intense Hydrating Cream had been found to be as good as many costing $150+. I have only been using it for about 3 days, but my face feels wonderful. I plan to post every few weeks to let you know if I see a difference. Anyway, for a drug store product compared to the pricey dept store products it does seem very nice. So far I am very pleased.
3b/c

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    I've noticed quite a few articles giving high marks to the product. I don't do alot of extra things for my skin like peels and such and won't spend alot of money on things like that so this sounds like something I would buy.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • munchkinmunchkin Registered Users Posts: 2,909 Curl Connoisseur
    I've noticed quite a few articles giving high marks to the product. I don't do alot of extra things for my skin like peels and such and won't spend alot of money on things like that so this sounds like something I would buy.

I'm the same way. I don't spend money on the high end items so thought I would give this a try. So far I do really like it a lot.
    3b/c
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Registered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    I don't put a lot of trust in the over the counter products. They make a lot of promises, but I never see any results when I use them.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • MirCurlsMirCurls Registered Users Posts: 2,660 Curl Neophyte
    Olay Regenerist line has had a lot of positive buzz. I tried it and my sensitive skin exploded. Well, I had to go back to pricey--but never irritated me--Kinerase...and it does give me more even tone and excellent hydration and some anti-aging. I just wait for those 20 or 25% off sales to stock up. :D So, I'm afraid to try another well-rated Olay product--not cause it won't do good, but cause my hyperreactive skin is just too wonky for most products.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    I'm lucky and have skin that will take anything. All I'm looking for is a nice moisturizer so anything cheap and decent is fine by me. After I've used up all my various moisturizers I'll give this a try.

No anti-aging/reverse-aging stuff for me. I fear that someday we will wake up and everyone will be blonde, blue eyed, straight haired, with frozen faces like Nicole Kidman. Yuck. I'm happy to look like me and look my age and grow old naturally. I think there's 5 or 6 of us left in the world.
    : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file