Biolage Biosilk humidity help!!

texasteatexastea Posts: 28Registered Users
I live in S Texas where there is alot of humidity. I have 3b shoulder length layered hair. Would Biolage gelee along with Biosilk rock hard gel help hold my curls? I am a fan of Biolage. Anyone out there tried this combination together?

I am currently using Biolage leave in spray conditioner, Biosilk serum and Biosilk medium gel which is frizzing and poufing my hair by mid day.
3b medium porous curls
CG since 9/9/10
co wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
rinse: Biolage condition balm
leave in: Ouidad Moisture Lock, still experimenting
styling: KCCC with BRHG
DT: Suave deep treatment, Sally's protein pack
microfiber towel for scrunching, air dry then diffuse

Comments

• MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    texastea wrote: »
    I live in S Texas where there is alot of humidity. I have 3b shoulder length layered hair. Would Biolage gelee along with Biosilk rock hard gel help hold my curls? I am a fan of Biolage. Anyone out there tried this combination together?

I am currently using Biolage leave in spray conditioner, Biosilk serum and Biosilk medium gel which is frizzing and poufing my hair by mid day.

I stopped using Biosilk serum last fall when I decided to try a modified form of CG (eschewing silicones, alternating lowpoos and nopoos, etc). So, I can't tell you about that combo.

I will say that BRHG is popular among many ladies here for its hold (I am not such a fan of it cause it makes my hair feel dry and producty, particulary on first day hair). If you aren't getting enough hold with the medium, and your hair is frizzing and poufing, then maybe you should consider trying the BHRG, or even trying stuff other than the Biosilk products.

You should also post your hair properties (porosity, texture, etc), so maybe you can get better targeted advice.

I'm in South Florida (Miami area) and we get humidity at least as bad as yours, I think. Right now, the humidty is 95% .....urgh. I don't use a hard hold gel. I prefer medium hold (or no gel). I found that [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink] is a big help this summer, and works beautifully with a medium hold gel (so hair stays touchable).

Today, I used Spiral Solutions (the curl enhancing jelly and then the firm hold gel --which is not that firm, name aside, so I like it). Curls held up beautifully despite rain and heat and humidity and doing an hour of Pilates and sweating. :D

We've got Texas ladies round here. Perhaps they can offer better advice...
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • curl goddesscurl goddess Posts: 220Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Love Biosilk and have been using it for years. As long as you use just a little, it works well! I use it also as a heat protectant when I flat iron. But also great to control frizzes on humid or rainy days.
    3a long thick -botticelli hair when there is humidity
    2c wavy w/curls if there isnt.
    currently using Bioterra & KMF in winter
    Jessicurl styling in summer
    Natures Gate poo & condish
    Thank you NC for bringing me back to curly!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file