CurlTalk

can you calm your curl with products only?

tanishagurltanishagurl Posts: 49Registered Users
i was thinking about getting my hair cut into a sort of shaggy messy layered thing, but im worried that it would look strange on my hair. thankfully my hair is only a 2c, but i was wondering if there was any way for me to loosen up my waves a little without using heat
btw this is the cut i want:
hairstyle-gallery-new-26-s2-94997253.jpg
Hair type- 2c
Low Poo- Giovanni TTTT
Conditioner- Nature's Gate Tea tree & blue cypress
Leave-In- Suave Naturals Tropical coconut/Aussie hair insurance
Stylers- HETT mousse, Cottonseed curlboost, HESMU spray gel, GF wet shine gel
Modified CG since March 2010!
cUrl CRazED:love1:

Comments

• EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users
    I think this would look cute on 2c hair...but since your curl isn't that tight to begin with, the only way I would think you can loosen it even more is to blow it out...which is obviously heat, but...I dunno anything else!
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • AmyCaraAmyCara Posts: 3Registered Users
    I have 2c/3a. I used to relax it, but after a few years, it started getting lots of breakage and I stopped. But I still liked the look. I've found a few products that keep it almost straight without much heat styling. I just don't have time for that.

While it's damp, you can use Jon Freda's Frizz-Ease Straight Fixation cream. Cover that with a strong gel, I use Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee. Comb it straight and let it dry. I usually hit my bangs with a flat iron when it's almost dry. The new Pantene anti-frizz straightenin cream also works. It gives more shine, but I find it doesn't last as long as the Frizz-ease brand.

Since your hair is naturally a little less curly than mine, the products might be all you need.