Elucence Product Review

SheBrosSheBros Posts: 332Registered Users
Wow, I am impressed with these products. I've been using them for about 3 weeks now.

:)The Elucence Moisturing Balancing Shampoo (low-poo) lathers very well and has a nice light scent. It absolutely does not leave my hair feeling dry at all. Some days I could probably get by without using a condish at all. My hair feels very silky when I rinse out the poo.

:)The [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Elucence-Moisture-Balancing-Conditioner-p-39.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=elucence-elucence-moisture-balancing-conditioner]Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner[/buylink] is another great product. It has a light scent and leaves my hair feeling very moisturized with good slip.

:thumright:Two thumbs up for these products!
3B Fine (lots of it), Normal to High Porosity
Low Poo: Elucence Moisture Poo, Renpure Organics
Co-Wash: Tresseme Naturals, Giovanni TT
Rinse Out: Biologe Cond Balm, SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment
Leave-In: Oyin Hair Dew, CJ Beautiful Curls,
Stylers: SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, SS Firm Holding Styling Gel, Jessicurl RR and CC, BRHG, Biolage Gelee
Extras: ACV rinses every couple of months

Comments

• MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I originally bought and used the Elucence condish as a leave-in and a pre-condish. Knocked my socks off this summer when I finally used it as a rinse-out. Stupid me, I'd never used it that way. I really love how silky my hair feels with it. That and the CJ Beauti-Curls and the AG curl activating rinse out have gotten me with happy hair through this crazy hot summer.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,679Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've never tried the Elucence shampoo. I go back and forth on EMBC. I love the scent, and I love how silky it makes my hair (I use it for CO washing). But there is something in it that makes my scalp itch a bit, and my hair starts feeling a little coated after a few days. Every time I use it up, I am not positive that I will repurchase it, yet I do.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • QVCDivaQVCDiva Posts: 1,329Registered Users
    I really like the shampoo but the conditioner was a thumbs down for me. As a leave-in left my hair feeling rough, dry, and hard and wasn't much better as a rinse-out.
    Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
    BC: 01/30/09
    Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
    http://public.fotki.com/QVCDiva/
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I really love the EMBC. I can use it by itself, add oils and agave for a DT, or add oils and use it as a leave-in.

My needs occasional protein so I find that I still have to rotate it around other products but when I'm using it, it gives me great shine and curls.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    I wanted to love it, but due to the biotin in the ingredients I have to use it only rarely. I break out BADLY with biotin.
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    both products worked on my hair. the shampoo gently cleanses without ever leaving me with stripped, straw-like hair (like a lot of other natural shampoos).

the conditioner is nice but i can get products on the ground as a replacement. i like the elasta qp intense conditioner <banana scent> (same manufacturer but sold at beauty supply stores). the peach scent of the conditioner is a little stronger and more off putting than the shampoo. the conditioner scent was just too sweet for me.
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SheBrosSheBros Posts: 332Registered Users
    I just tried Elucence Volumizing Clarifying Shampoo and was once again impressed. I really expected the poo to leave my hair stripped and dry. But, it didn't, not at all. I'm definitely going to put this in my rotation once every couple weeks or so. And, it has a very light citrusy scent. Another two thumbs up.
    3B Fine (lots of it), Normal to High Porosity
    Low Poo: Elucence Moisture Poo, Renpure Organics
    Co-Wash: Tresseme Naturals, Giovanni TT
    Rinse Out: Biologe Cond Balm, SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment
    Leave-In: Oyin Hair Dew, CJ Beautiful Curls,
    Stylers: SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, SS Firm Holding Styling Gel, Jessicurl RR and CC, BRHG, Biolage Gelee
    Extras: ACV rinses every couple of months
  • teachermrwteachermrw Posts: 269Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    they did nothing for me. I needed products with greater moisturizing.
    Your hair is your most important accessory.

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file