PLEASE HELP ME! :( 3a/3b hair

ohxxsoxxrandomohxxsoxxrandom Posts: 2Registered Users
My problem in my sig is as stated:

my hair gets VERY oily at the roots, but my the ends are SO dry. I try to use a volumizing shampoo just on my roots, and try to keep my condish away. That seems to help somewhat, but I still occasionally have the extremely oily roots problem.

Anyone know anything that may help?

I sometimes use special condish's to help my ends.. but I hate putting it on my roots too cause it makes them soooo oily. :confused1:
Hair type: 3a(right side)/3b(left side, and most of the back of head), yet almost straight at roots:-(

Hair length: Little past shoulders

MY WORST PROBLEM: Gets VERY oily at roots, but my the ends are SO dry. I try to use a volumizing shampoo just on my roots, and try to keep my condish away. That seems to help somewhat, but I still occasionally have the extremely oily roots problem.

My hair is all over the place.

Comments

• grandpy1234grandpy1234 Posts: 8Registered Users
    try devacurl's heaven in hair. It works wonders. It is a deep conditioner. What you do it condtion your hair with your normal conditioner ( i use devacurls one condition which is also amazing) and then once a week will put in heaven in hair. You apply the heaven in hair all over your hair then put it in a shower cap for 15 mins as you wash your body, shave, ect. After fifteen mins take your hair out of the shower-cap and rinse.
  • SujiSuji Posts: 87Registered Users
    Have you tried going CG yet? A lot of board members said their scalp issues were balanced out after going CG. If you're shampooing your roots a lot, your scalp may want to produce more oil to counter the drying effects of frequent shampooing. And CG will moisturize your ends. What shampoo are you using?
    -2b/2cFi-ii, med pososity?.
    no silicones/sulfates, but lowpoo 1x week (GTTT)
    GVP CB or LVP Glossy Volume; Curl Junkie Smoothing Gellie, AG Re:Coil, HE Mousse.
    still on a mission to find my hg combo.. :)
  • justlovelyjustlovely Posts: 19Registered Users
    I agree with Suji about going CG. Most shampoos are very drying, and in order to compensate for the oils being stripped from your hair due to these shampoos, your scalp might be producing extra oil.

If the idea of going completely shampoo-less scares you, you might also consider gradually limiting the frequency of shampooings or using a low-poo (a shampoo that doesn't contain any sulfates).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file