So I took out my braided extensions aaand...!

PrincessLoopyPrincessLoopy Registered Users Posts: 89
...my hair was so soft and had very little breakage!!!!
I learned online, that if I take out braids while they're wet with product, then it'll be a lot easier to take out and breakage will be to a minimum. Well, I did just that, I put a mix of EVOO, coconut oil, and water on my braided hair, then added some extra EVOO, took out the braids and wow!!!! Softness galore was the first thing I noticed, followed by very little breakage. I was so happy.
I saw a good amount of growth too, but I'm never getting my hair braided anymore (Don't like other people doing my hair, and don't really like braids), but it was nice while it lasted!!!
Just really happy about the results and wanted to share the little technique I learned about taking them out. :)

event.png

Naturally coily, 4a when wet, 4a and 4b when dry and loving it. Low porosity, Medium-High Density, Coarse/Thick textured :happy7:
It's my hair and if people don't approve they should take it up with the creator, not the creation. : )

Comments

• hippychichippychic Registered Users Posts: 4,673 Curl Neophyte
    congrats on a positive experience :)
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxyCleopatraFoxyCleopatra Registered Users Posts: 412
    ...my hair was so soft and had very little breakage!!!!
    I learned online, that if I take out braids while they're wet with product, then it'll be a lot easier to take out and breakage will be to a minimum. Well, I did just that, I put a mix of EVOO, coconut oil, and water on my braided hair, then added some extra EVOO, took out the braids and wow!!!! Softness galore was the first thing I noticed, followed by very little breakage. I was so happy.
    I saw a good amount of growth too, but I'm never getting my hair braided anymore (Don't like other people doing my hair, and don't really like braids), but it was nice while it lasted!!!
    Just really happy about the results and wanted to share the little technique I learned about taking them out. :)

Glad to hear it! How long was your hair braided?
  • pjjosephgisspjjosephgiss Registered Users Posts: 643
    Your hair is growing nicely- congratulations! How long did you leave the braids in? I don't think I will be getting my hair braided any time soon either, b/c I can't find a good braider in NYC- all are very, very tight- I am not with the "it hurts to be beautiful" thing...:confused4:
    Hair type-BC: 2/2011-mix of kinks+ coils
    Wash-Bobeam Poo bars, As I Am Cleansing Pudding and Coconut Cowash cleansing condish
    LI/RO-Curl Junkie rehab, Shescentit Avocado condish, Oyin Hair dew
    DT-KBB Luscious Locks, Curl Junkie ANYthing, Shescentit Avocado condish
    Style- UFD, Camille Rose, Hello Curly, Kinky Curly
    Sealant- Jamaican Black Castor and Avocado oils, Qhemet Biologics Honey & Olive Hydrating Balm
    Will try any CG product at least once.
    Proud to be a PJ!
    :happy7::wave:
  • PrincessLoopyPrincessLoopy Registered Users Posts: 89
    Glad to hear it! How long was your hair braided?

Thank you :)
    It was braided down to my upper back, then the rest of the ends of the extension hair was dipped in hot water so it would have a wave to it. Then last week I cut the extensions to shoulder length.
    Your hair is growing nicely- congratulations! How long did you leave the braids in? I don't think I will be getting my hair braided any time soon either, b/c I can't find a good braider in NYC- all are very, very tight- I am not with the "it hurts to be beautiful" thing...:confused4:

I didn't leave it in for very long, only for a month.
    Ugh, tell me about it :tongue10: I can't stand that most braiders are that way. I was real strict on the woman that did my hair, then she was gonna put some pink hair oil stuff on my hair and I was like "Nope!" and I reached into my purse and took out my Jane Carter Nourish & Shine and my virgin coconut oil.
    Ha ha, no it doesn't hurt to be beautiful, but it does hurt to be ignorant. :)
    If I want to get some temporary length, I'll just wear a cute lacefront or something lol.

event.png

Naturally coily, 4a when wet, 4a and 4b when dry and loving it. Low porosity, Medium-High Density, Coarse/Thick textured :happy7:
    It's my hair and if people don't approve they should take it up with the creator, not the creation. : )

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file