CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing DC or Beauti-Curls DC?

TeachDeafiesTeachDeafies Posts: 157Registered Users
I've almost run out of my regular condish that I bought last year (in my sig) and since for me, a little condish goes a long way, I'm looking at getting one that's geared toward curlies and may be a little more expensive.

I love all the great ratings of both Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Conditioner and Beauti-Curls Daily Hair Conditioner, but I'm not sure which would be better for me. I have really soft water, fine 3A/B curls (which became more 3B once I got the water conditioner for the house), and rarely lo-poo anymore because my hair is doing so well.

So, fellow curlies, which would you recommend? Are there any other 'cone free conditioners (less than $20) that you would recommend? Honestly, the biggest things holding me back and questioning which to get is 8 oz vs. 12 oz and the smell (I'm not sure I'll love strawberry ice cream scented hair).

And while we're at it...could I use CJ Daily Fix as a daily condish, or is it mainly for lo/no-pooing?
CG: 9/4/09

3a and 3b/F/ii

Condish: CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner
Shampoo (Sulfate-free): Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (use 1-2x/week)
Styling Product: HETT mousse

TRYING to grow it out- maybe softer water and going almost strictly CG will help!

Comments

• plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    I haven't tried either, but I want to. You can get a sample pack from the CJ site which I think has Daily Fix and the conditioners. There's a separate pack for stylers.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• TeachDeafiesTeachDeafies Posts: 157Registered Users
    plunkybug wrote: »
    I haven't tried either, but I want to. You can get a sample pack from the CJ site which I think has Daily Fix and the conditioners. There's a separate pack for stylers.
    I'm hesitant to buy all of that for $12, when my hair is healthy enough that it doesn't need any deep treatments, so I wouldn't be using at least 3 of the things in the trial pack.

3a and 3b/F/ii

TRYING to grow it out- maybe softer water and going almost strictly CG will help!
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    I'm hesitant to buy all of that for $12, when my hair is healthy enough that it doesn't need any deep treatments, so I wouldn't be using at least 3 of the things in the trial pack.

kathymack has both as samples...maybe that would help?

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• SaroyanSaroyan Posts: 398Registered Users
    Looks like the Curl Assurance is on sale in the Curl Junkie store right now... 8 oz for $8, instead of $20. Unfortunately it's because they're discontinuing it, but right now I'd go with that one for the price alone!

Edit: Besides packaging, is there a difference between the Curl Assurance Daily Conditioner I just linked to, and this Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Conditioner?
    2a, very fine, very thick, protein-loving, not especially porous. cg since july 2010.

cleanse: cj daily fix, vo5 vanilla mint tea
    condition: marie dean anything, db pumpkin seed, cj curl assurance, cj beauticurls
    style: cj beauticurls leave-in, cj curl queen, cj cccc lite, kccc, homemade fsg, db coconut & hibiscus oil, ecostyler
    treatments: ss repairing protein, ss deeply decadent
    techniques: icequeen, plopping, scrunching upside down, pixie diffusing

kathymack has both as samples...maybe that would help?
    Thanks! I sent her a PM.

3a and 3b/F/ii

• MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I hugely prefer the Beauti-Curls Daily to the Smoothing. I get much nicer slip and no weigh-down. I don't like the strawberry ice cream scent, but that's no big deal. I love the results.

My smoothing condish which I've had for months is still half-full. My Beauti-Curls which I've had only this summer is half-finished.

I like the BC even better than the CA Daily, which is discontinued, and I liked that one better than the smoothing, too. (If you avoid cones, the CA Daily I believe has a light one).
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    Hm, good to know. We're nearly identical in classification (3ab/F/ii), right down to how our hair clumps, except that I have very healthy, low porosity high elasticity hair.

How strong is the strawberry ice cream scent? If it's not too strong, I may decide to spring for it without knowing how it is.

3a and 3b/F/ii

• MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Too subjective, fragrance. I don't think it's overly strong, but again, you may find it so or even LESS fragrant. Not much help, right?
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    MirCurls wrote: »
    Too subjective, fragrance. I don't think it's overly strong, but again, you may find it so or even LESS fragrant. Not much help, right?
    When I say "strong", I mean "if I walk by someone 4 hours after showering and someone wonders where's the strawberry ice cream" is strong. "Smelling it in the shower and while my hair is still wet" is ok.

3a and 3b/F/ii

• VersaceCrazyVersaceCrazy Posts: 662Registered Users
    I've almost run out of my regular condish that I bought last year (in my sig) and since for me, a little condish goes a long way, I'm looking at getting one that's geared toward curlies and may be a little more expensive.

I love all the great ratings of both Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Conditioner and Beauti-Curls Daily Hair Conditioner, but I'm not sure which would be better for me. I have really soft water, fine 3A/B curls (which became more 3B once I got the water conditioner for the house), and rarely lo-poo anymore because my hair is doing so well.

So, fellow curlies, which would you recommend? Are there any other 'cone free conditioners (less than $20) that you would recommend? Honestly, the biggest things holding me back and questioning which to get is 8 oz vs. 12 oz and the smell (I'm not sure I'll love strawberry ice cream scented hair).

And while we're at it...could I use CJ Daily Fix as a daily condish, or is it mainly for lo/no-pooing?

I have both the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Smoothing-Conditioner-p-997.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curl-Junkie-Curl-Assurance-Smoothing-Conditioner]CJ Smoothing Conditioner[/buylink] and CJ Beauticurls Daily.

I prefer the Beauticurls , which I use on a regular basis (on my second bottle now). I actually LOVE the Strawberry Icecream Scent..it smells better than the Strawberry Icecream Scent in the Curl Rehab to me.

The Smoothing Conditioner doesn't provide any slip or smoothness for my hair. I actually just used it again a couple of days ago to see if I'd get different results..but instead got the same frizz and dryness. I'm sure that it's just my hair texture that doesn't work well with it though.

The CJ Daily Fix is more for a low poo I believe..that's what I use it for and LOVE IT!.

BTW my hair is 3b/3c and I've recently found that I have some 4a pieces in the middle now that my hair is growing and getting thicker..very porous.

HTH:smile:

http://members.fotki.com/Versacecrazy/

CURL JUNKIE ZOMBIE !!!:tshirt:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file