90 Days of Shame....

MVP_MVP_ Posts: 213Registered Users
My hair got cut far too short yesterday and now I am really unhappy.

Because it was already short compared to most of you it is now (on a few spots, for example on top of my head) even too short to make the curl.

As I am a male I did consider taking it all off, leaving only a few mm on my head (Prison Break style).

But then again, I would probably only want to get back the curls as quickly as possible.. I have done it before though -when my hair was really damages- and it took me nearly a year to get the length I want back.

So I might just be better off growing it out this time. I reckon I need another 4cm to get back the hair I once so loved.

But because I got some mental problems with my self-conviance I could use your help. Because the thing is, when my hair is in bad condition I rarely go out and I have a hard time enjoying things I would have loved otherwise.

Like 2 months ago, I OC'ed badly and it took me a full month to get it back to normal. I didn't go out even once in this period..

So now you understand why I am really unhappy right now And it really effects all parts of life for me.....

I wished I could teleport 3 months ahead in time.

Anyway, i think 90 days should be enough to get back the lenght I want. And I will add a checkpoint every 30 days to see if it goes better already.

In the mean time I will post small updates here and also I hope to receive tips from you guys! :)

I hope you can help me trough this period!

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• HotroxHotrox Posts: 26Registered Users
    I just wanted to say that I feel your pain, having had a haircut once that rid me of my curls but I also wanted to say that it is just hair, its not really so important and we always our own worst critic.

I'm sure it looks just fine, so get out of the house and enjoy yourself, it'll grow quicker if you are out and not obsessing about it.

Live you life, my friend, and on a really bad day just put on a hat and a smile. It worked for me!
    Curl type: 3a
    Texture: normal
    Porosity: normal
    CG: Since 15th June 2010, abandoned on the 19th. Modified CG since 20th June.........

Low Poo: Aurstalia Organics
    CO: Natures Gate mosituring condish
    Style: V05 Wavy Gel
  • urbanmommyurbanmommy Posts: 155Registered Users
    Check out my blog (link below). I feel all sorts of hair pain from too-short hair.

(((HUGS)))
    My Hair Blog
    3b/c who grew out a chemical haircut
    Products: Shea Moisture Shampoo, Suave Moroccan Infusion Shampoo & Conditioner, Tigi Dumb Blonde Reconstructor, Suave Volumizing Mousse

36 MONTHS SINCE THE BUZZ CUT!

• MVP_MVP_ Posts: 213Registered Users
    Thanks Hotrox, I will try to remember that :)
    urbanmommy wrote: »
    Check out my blog (link below). I feel all sorts of hair pain from too-short hair.

(((HUGS)))

Ahh yes but you already have got 1000 times more curls than I currently have!! We both seem to need another 3 months before our next goal though!

Here you can find an update from me, including a picture from better days:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=112434
  • nanachannanachan Posts: 110Registered Users
    you posted on my thread so i thought i should post on yours. I OFFER THE WORLD OF SUPPORT. lol. when i walked out of the salon, i tried so hard not to cry, i just kept my head down. ugh, i felt all these straight-haired-girls looking at me like "its bad enough she has curly hair, now she looks like she has a bed of moss on her head". i cried all the way until i shoved my head under a faucet at home.
    my hair loves::love7:
    KCKT
    CURLS goddess curls[/COLOR]
    Trader Joe's Tea tree conditioner

I'm on my way to growing out my hair to BSL and possibly longer- to also grow out a horrible uneven cut!

before:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you for your support!

I have adjusted (sp?) my goal because my hair is just a little less short than i had expected.

I got a party on November the third and then i expect (and hope) to have enough lenght back so it looks nice again!

58 days left already, that's not too long away.
  • porque_pigporque_pig Posts: 238Registered Users
    Give yourself some scalp massages! It stimulates growth and just FEELS GOOD, so it alleviates some of the stress you're dealing with after the cut.

Scalp massages are my solution to most problems, really.
    :batman: 2b/cFi, low density, normal porosity, high elasticity

Low-poo
    : Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Conditioner
    : Suave Naturals (whatever scent I have on hand)
    Styling
    : Paul Mitchell Round Trip, Tresemme Climate Control Finishing Spray

I'm a hair minimalist: the less time I spend on my hair, the better.

porque_pig wrote: »
    Give yourself some scalp massages! It stimulates growth and just FEELS GOOD, so it alleviates some of the stress you're dealing with after the cut.

Scalp massages are my solution to most problems, really.

Well i give my scalp some massages while shampoo'ing already. Or do you mean on dry hair/scalp?

Most stress is gone now though, all that remains is waiting.
  • porque_pigporque_pig Posts: 238Registered Users
    I would massage the scalp before showering! But it doesn't really matter.
    :batman: 2b/cFi, low density, normal porosity, high elasticity

Low-poo
    : Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Conditioner
    : Suave Naturals (whatever scent I have on hand)
    Styling
    : Paul Mitchell Round Trip, Tresemme Climate Control Finishing Spray

I'm a hair minimalist: the less time I spend on my hair, the better.

• IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Life is too short.
    And your hair is too short.

Life is more important; hair grows back. Don't fear to go out and live your life. Most people are thinking about themselves and their business and don't even notice you.
    To quote the great Dr. Seuss, writer and illustrator of childrens' books: Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file