Okay... I'm done

dobbysgirl29dobbysgirl29 Registered Users Posts: 64
Have you ever just been fed up of researching the best things for whatever you want? My goodness, i research mascara, shampoo, conditioner, styler, powder, concealer... I am so DONE! I never the results I want anyway!
So I'm going plain simple: I want to make my own styler with a few simple ingredients, and just mix.
I've heard about Coconut milk, jojoba oil, shea butter, silk, avocado oils, yogurt proteins, egg whites, need I say I am so lost??
I just want loose curls... that's all I want God...
Okay someone: tell me what to mix!!
Always, Amey-Scot

Comments

• LogyLogy Registered Users Posts: 156 Curl Neophyte
    Amey-Scot,
    I really, really understand the "done" sentiment. I started several years ago with being done with makeup. Got rid of it all! Nothing. I felt naked going to work. Instead focused on the health of my skin. No chemicals. Natural products.

But I found that the research didn't end. If anything, it increased. Instead of researching what looked good and wouldn't kill me, I found I was researching healthy alternatives that went further than beauty. It feels like honoring Mother Nature. And learning that, after all, Mother knows best.

SO, I am now starting to concoct my own solutions. I am SO a newby so don't have many tips for you. But am interested in others' tips who are further along than us.
    54, mix of 3a, 2b,c, with the occasional straight strand thrown in to keep things interesting. Low porosity. Very fine!

HG: CJCF Never lets me down.
    Others I Like: DevaCurl One Co, CHSCK, Giovanni Smooth as Silk, SSDD, AnGel, DevaCurl No Poo, Elucence Moisture Balancing Condish, Curls Like Us towels.

"Still crazy after all these years" Paul Simon :nemo:
  • dobbysgirl29dobbysgirl29 Registered Users Posts: 64
    Logy,
    I would love to know everything you've learned about healthy alternatives for beauty!!!!!! Please, tell me!
    Amey-Scot
  • DimePiece17DimePiece17 Registered Users Posts: 521
    Have you ever just been fed up of researching the best things for whatever you want? My goodness, i research mascara, shampoo, conditioner, styler, powder, concealer... I am so DONE! I never the results I want anyway!
    So I'm going plain simple: I want to make my own styler with a few simple ingredients, and just mix.
    I've heard about Coconut milk, jojoba oil, shea butter, silk, avocado oils, yogurt proteins, egg whites, need I say I am so lost??
    I just want loose curls... that's all I want God...
    Okay someone: tell me what to mix!!
    Always, Amey-Scot

I was soooo where you are. After 10 years of being natural I ended it. I finally realized that the loose curls i wanted could not and would not be acheived by yougurt coconut milk and lime or henna. While I still use mostly natural products on my hair and make my own hair oils and condiitoners, for the sake of time, money, and effort I bit the bullet and got a brazillian keratin treatment. This too required a lot of effort, time, and research at first, but now I do the treatments myself and am pleased. I'm still curly, but now without the hassle. I'm not telling you to do what I did, because you really have to come to the conclusion yourself, but I have tried EVERY product under the sun to loosen my 4a curls, and nothing worked without a lot of time, effort, and money. If this makes me a sell out, so be it. I'm happy.
    Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
    Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
    DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
    Dimefabulous-Twitter name
    http://dimepieceonadime.tumblr.com/
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Registered Users Posts: 714
    I do a lot of research in hair, makeup and other beauty products to see if they have healthy (natural) ingredients or unhealthy chemical ingredients. I just want my hair and skin to be as healthy as humanly possible.

As far as trying to find something to loosen the curl... that's like trying to find the fountain of youth to loosen the lines around my eyes. These things don't exist (at least not in my budget). So, my tight curls are just that... tight curls.

I'm still working on curl concoctions, but I'm too lazy or just don't have the time to experiment. I know that some stuff like shea butter, jojoba oil and coconut oil make my hair soft and shiny.

However, for me it's just easier to look for stuff that has these ingredients and buy them. I do my twirls with a leave-in conditioner and off I go. I let my hair do whatever it wants, even if it means shrinking up into the little corkscrews you see below.

It is what it is...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
  • mailgirlmailgirl Registered Users Posts: 451
    KurleeEdna wrote: »
    I let my hair do whatever it wants, even if it means shrinking up into the little corkscrews you see below.

It is what it is...

Your curls are awesome!!!!
    3a/3b/3c/36D

May the hair gods shine on me (and you!).

My silly veggie blog: vegefattien
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Registered Users Posts: 714
    mailgirl wrote: »
    KurleeEdna wrote: »
    I let my hair do whatever it wants, even if it means shrinking up into the little corkscrews you see below.

It is what it is...

Your curls are awesome!!!!
    Thank you... I try... :toothy6:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file