Mary Louise Parker hair

leonita poraleonita pora Posts: 175Registered Users
Does anyone else absolutely adore Mary Louse Parker's hair? I've recently gotten into watching Weeds and I love how her hair looks. Such loose pretty waves. I would be so happy if I could style my hair like that. Her hair looks fine and low density. Unfortunately I think I have too much hair to look that like hers from the show.

Does anyone have any ideas on how the show's stylists get her hair like that, or how this look could be replicated?
Fia: 2b-2c/Fine-Medium/iii (Thick)
Low-Poo: Giovanni 50/50 Balanced Shampoo, Shampoo bars
Co-Wash: Trader Joe's Refresh, CJ Daily Fix, CFT Creamy Curl Cleanser
Rinse-out: Trader Joe's Nourish, GFTN, Aubrey Organics GPB
Leave-in/Curl Creme: Marie Dean Curly Styling Creme
Gel: BRHG, homemade FSG, CJ Curl Queen, Deva AnGel
Hair likes: Protein, FSG, high dewpoints
Hair dislikes: coconut oil on dry hair

Comments

• eneriymaeneriyma Posts: 45Registered Users
    Here is an interview with a stylist who did her hair for the pilot. She has natural curls but the blew it out and then used an iron. http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip10001.htm This is pretty common in Hollywood - with continuity such an issue they can't risk differences in hair texture.

However, here is another article about her hair for Weeds
    http://blogs.hairboutique.com/index.php/2010/05/01/mary-louise-parkers-natural-curls/
    I might actually try this. It involves pinning and diffusing.
    2c (front and hairline)/ 2a (back and sides), Mii, normal porosity, medium elasticity.

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner
    Conditioner: Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Conditioner, Renpure My Pretty Hair is Parched!
    Pre-wash: Coconut oil

Products: Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel, Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Mousse, Kinky-Curly Curling Custard, Target Curls Cream Brulee, Target Curls Goddess Curl Gel
  • leonita poraleonita pora Posts: 175Registered Users
    Oooh cool! Thanks for the links. It's amazing how much work it takes to make hair look natural and effortless! Too bad I can't afford a longtime personal stylist to do my hair!
  • eneriymaeneriyma Posts: 45Registered Users
    I forgot to say, your hair in your avatar looks very similar to ML's. If you diffuse you could try pinning sections while they are still warm until they cool off (a little less high-maintenance) or if you have some velcro rollers that are the same diameter as your waves you could try rolling the top pieces after diffusing until they cool. Not something I'd do every day, but it's worth experimenting for once in a while.
    2c (front and hairline)/ 2a (back and sides), Mii, normal porosity, medium elasticity.

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner
    Conditioner: Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Conditioner, Renpure My Pretty Hair is Parched!
    Pre-wash: Coconut oil

Products: Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel, Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Mousse, Kinky-Curly Curling Custard, Target Curls Cream Brulee, Target Curls Goddess Curl Gel
    Yeah, I think she and I may have a similar curl pattern. However, I think she has much less hair than I do, which I suspect makes it easier to get that 'wind-blown', loose, airy look. I'm trying to figure out how to get volume without poofiness, without much effort on my part. Some experimentation with pinning might help, though.
    Ok, I figured something out. If I fine-comb my hair when it's wet and don't do anything to enhance clumping, I can get that loose look. Also, if I diffuse, this adds volume as well. Now, I just need to figure out how to minimize the canopy frizz and fly-aways that sometimes accompany this look.

I haven't mastered it yet, but I like the look, mostly because it's easier to have slightly wild, but full of character hair, than those perfect curls with bounce and volume for which I still haven't found the right formula.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights