X-Post Twisting Butter/Creme Without Shea Butter

xtremelyperfectxtremelyperfect Posts: 177Registered Users
Hey ladies! I'm looking for a new twisting creme that does not have shea butter as an ingredient... or if it does it should be way down on the ingredient list. I've looked everywhere online and I'm having trouble finding one. I currently use Totally Twisted and Shea Amla butters by Afroveda and they work great and give me nice definition. But Totally Twisted is a lil too greasy and the Shea Amla has a weird smell... And I feel like both leave my hair a a lil dull looking because of the shea butter. Anywhoo I'm just looking for suggestions. I'd love to find a product that gives a nice medium hold, smells good and leaves my hair soft. Does this product exist?
life has no limitations, except the ones you make.
Message me for my Tumblr.
Follow me on Twitter: @xtremelyperfect
My Fotki Page is here!

event.png

comic-s.jpg

bdocks11.gif

Comments

• afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    And I feel like both leave my hair a a lil dull looking because of the shea butter.

The Totally Twisted doesn't have shea butter.

I have problems with shea myself and have been looking for shea free stuff. I don't do twists but I know Darcy's Botanicals Wild Plum twisting cream and Mozeke's Whipped Avocado are shea free.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Qhemet Biologics. The owner can't take shea butter in her hair, and NONE of her products have shea in them. I have the burdock root butter cream and her honeybush tea gel in my twists right now.

qhemetbiologics.com
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • xtremelyperfectxtremelyperfect Posts: 177Registered Users
    @afrosheenqueen you're right totally twisted doesn't have shea but it leaves my hair greasy. i've tried the wild plum cream but I remember it not having enough hold for my thick hair... maybe i'll try it again with some aloe vera gel or something...

@empressri i haven't tried any qhemet products so i'll look into that.
    life has no limitations, except the ones you make.
    Message me for my Tumblr.
    Follow me on Twitter: @xtremelyperfect
    My Fotki Page is here!

event.png

comic-s.jpg

bdocks11.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file