I can finally see some progress! Pics!

justajesuschickjustajesuschick Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
My hair when I accidentally discovered I had waves 7/1/2010:
firsthair.jpg

...and this is a quick photo I took tonight, 8/25/2010:

hair041-1.jpg

I think I can actually call some of my waves wurls! Some are starting to spiral (still loose, of course) and that makes me happy! I had to share because only you girls understand!
I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
Condition: DevaCurl OC
LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM

Comments

• plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    Wow! Do you have more pics to show more hair?

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• justajesuschickjustajesuschick Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I took the photos by myself which was comical. Most are blurry or odd angles! I'll have DH to take some others soon!

I also learned to take the pics with no flash so my hair looks lighter than it is but not as shiny/producty.

I know that it is small progress, but it was exciting to me even having it just a little better!
    CG since 7/1/2010

• NorthCoastLadyNorthCoastLady Posts: 230Registered Users
    How pretty!
    2a in the front/sides, 2b in the back.
    Highly porous, dry, fine, low elasticity
    Currently experimenting- I'm on a mission to eventually use all homemade products for my hair!
    CG since July '10.
    co-wash with White Rain Energizing Citrus
    Using coconut oil on ends nightly
    styling with aloe vera gel
    DT once a week with mayo, egg, olive oil.
    Focusing on scalp and hair health first, then length.
  • yuhwooyuhwoo Posts: 25Registered Users
    Nice! Truly impressive! :thumright:
    2a/b, medium texture/porosity/thickness
    currently using:
    co-wash or ro:
    sonoma soap company daily co, tj tea tree tingle, aogbp
    stylers: cj cccc, ssfhg
    pre-poo w/coconut oil 1x/wk

• pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That is pretty amazing.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • eneriymaeneriyma Posts: 45Registered Users
    What a change! So very lovely!
    2c (front and hairline)/ 2a (back and sides), Mii, normal porosity, medium elasticity.

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner
    Conditioner: Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Conditioner, Renpure My Pretty Hair is Parched!
    Pre-wash: Coconut oil

Products: Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel, Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Mousse, Kinky-Curly Curling Custard, Target Curls Cream Brulee, Target Curls Goddess Curl Gel
  • kasdenkasden Posts: 1,045Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Wow - your hair looks fabulous!!!! You've come a long way in a very short time - congratulations and thanks for sharing!!! :flower:
    2c/3a, fine, low-med porosity, below BSL, mod CG since 9/09

"I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley
  • springlilyspringlily Posts: 59Registered Users
    Wow! That is amazing! And in such a short time! Would you mind sharing your styling technique please?
    Wave, fine, medium texture, color-treated, porous
    Lo Poo: DevaCurl Lo Poo
    CO Wash: VO5 Kiwi Lime
    Condish: Tressemme Naturals Moist and GCP CB
    Leave in: (experimenting but like KCKT)
    PT: (experimenting)
    DT: (experimenting)
    Styling Combos: SS CEJ add SS FHG, KCKT and KCCC
    Experimenting with: Suave Captivating Curls Mouse
    Techniques: Icequeen, Smasters
    Hair Dislikes: glycerin!!
    Thanks!!
    springlily wrote: »
    Wow! That is amazing! And in such a short time! Would you mind sharing your styling technique please?

I just do what Pedaheh does..haha! Seriously-she is the queen of links and I have read and read.
    I have also purchased, tried, returned, swapped, sold and bought more of every product out there than I ever thought that I would.

I learned (thanks Kellygreen49) to introduce 1 new product at a time and therefore I was able to really learn what my hair likes and does not. That is hard to do because I want to try it all-at once!!

To date, I really only have 2 styling products that consistently have worked and that I can track gave me the best hair.

I lowpoo every other night and condition. My hair is fine, so until winter, no leave in.
    I use avc rinse after condition and rinse with cool water.
    I scrunch water out with hands, then lightly scrunch with knit cloth to remove more water because my hair hangs on to water.
    I mix probably a tablespoon of SS FHG with maybe 2 peas of BRHG and scrunch into top, back and one side of my head while tilting to one side. I repeat on other side.
    I then take maybe a nickel/qurter size SS FHG and 1-2 peas of BRHG and flip upside down and get my ends and underneath.
    I diffuse part way and then air dry as much as I can and diffuse remainder before hopping in bed.
    HTH.
    CG since 7/1/2010

• springlilyspringlily Posts: 59Registered Users
    Thanks!!
    springlily wrote: »

I just do what Pedaheh does..haha! Seriously-she is the queen of links and I have read and read.
    I have also purchased, tried, returned, swapped, sold and bought more of every product out there than I ever thought that I would.

I learned (thanks Kellygreen49) to introduce 1 new product at a time and therefore I was able to really learn what my hair likes and does not. That is hard to do because I want to try it all-at once!!

To date, I really only have 2 styling products that consistently have worked and that I can track gave me the best hair.

I lowpoo every other night and condition. My hair is fine, so until winter, no leave in.
    I use avc rinse after condition and rinse with cool water.
    I scrunch water out with hands, then lightly scrunch with knit cloth to remove more water because my hair hangs on to water.
    I mix probably a tablespoon of SS FHG with maybe 2 peas of BRHG and scrunch into top, back and one side of my head while tilting to one side. I repeat on other side.
    I then take maybe a nickel/qurter size SS FHG and 1-2 peas of BRHG and flip upside down and get my ends and underneath.
    I diffuse part way and then air dry as much as I can and diffuse remainder before hopping in bed.
    HTH.

Thanks, yes that helps. :) I have both products that you are using, I will try your method to see if I can get better results. My curls/wurls are just so unpredictable. One more question, do you find that doing AVC rinses everytime you wash your hair to be drying your hair out at all? I'm just starting to do them, and am worried about doing too much. I read somewhere that they should only be done once a month?

Also, I read about Tassis on another thread you posted. I am going to try those too! Thanks!
    Wave, fine, medium texture, color-treated, porous
    Lo Poo: DevaCurl Lo Poo
    CO Wash: VO5 Kiwi Lime
    Condish: Tressemme Naturals Moist and GCP CB
    Leave in: (experimenting but like KCKT)
    PT: (experimenting)
    DT: (experimenting)
    Styling Combos: SS CEJ add SS FHG, KCKT and KCCC
    Experimenting with: Suave Captivating Curls Mouse
    Techniques: Icequeen, Smasters
    Hair Dislikes: glycerin!!
    justajesuschick I just do what Pedaheh does..haha! Seriously-she is the queen of links and I have read and read.

Ha, ha, ha. I do whatever Del2C tells me to do. 8) Your hair really has changed a lot in a short time. Glad all your hard work paid off.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
  • wavy wonderwavy wonder Posts: 3,061Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    looks REALLY good.
  • simmplybsimmplyb Posts: 83Registered Users
    Wow, looks awesome and you can get to sleep on it, wake up and have presentable hair!!!!! Wish I could!!!

happy for you!
    CG as of 6/10: 2b,3a,/dense/med text/ norm elasticity.
    Low poo RenpureMPHISP 1-2/wk
    Co-wash vo5 TT
    Cond RenpureMPHISP
    D Cond PT and Moroccan oil rest. mask 1-2X/wk
    Styling summer: gioDLI,Ecost.+BRHG, plop,clip, air dry, SOMOTC winter: gio DLI, ArcAngel+BRHG,scrunch, diffuse, SOMOTC
    :wav:
    Ped-I do what Del2C tells me, too! I am a good girl!

Springlily-I lowpoo every other night and I acv each time. I tried skipping and my hair looked better when I did it regularly. Winter dryness may change that!

Simmply-I spritz and diffuse every morning.

Here is a photo from tonight. Long day, need to wash my hair, but it shows my whole head! We wavies (okay, I will) will take any progress!
    hair050-1-1.jpg
    CG since 7/1/2010

• eneriymaeneriyma Posts: 45Registered Users
    Okay, you make me want to copy your routine! Such pretty, bouncy waves! My hair has gotten LESS wavy with CG (minus the first three days, which were wonderful).
    2c (front and hairline)/ 2a (back and sides), Mii, normal porosity, medium elasticity.

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner
    Conditioner: Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Conditioner, Renpure My Pretty Hair is Parched!
    Pre-wash: Coconut oil

Products: Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel, Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Mousse, Kinky-Curly Curling Custard, Target Curls Cream Brulee, Target Curls Goddess Curl Gel
    Okay, you make me want to copy your routine! Such pretty, bouncy waves! My hair has gotten LESS wavy with CG (minus the first three days, which were wonderful).
    My guess would be that you need protein. If your siggy is correct, you don't have any (or not much) in your routine. Protein gives my waves more bounce.

Springlily-I lowpoo every other night and I acv each time. I tried skipping and my hair looked better when I did it regularly. Winter dryness may change that!

Here is a photo from tonight. Long day, need to wash my hair, but it shows my whole head! We wavies (okay, I will) will take any progress!
    hair050-1-1.jpg

Very nice!

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• curlyhairmichukcurlyhairmichuk Posts: 860Registered Users

hair050-1-1.jpg

wow your hair is looking great :)
    UK curly

fine to medium strands, porous, medium density
    CG May 2009 - low poo occasionally
    Co-wash: Tresemme Naturals
    Styling -Naked Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, Mop Top, FSG
    Product for a good hair day: FSG or Mop Top
    Hair loves protein!
    http://public.fotki.com/curlyhairmichuk/
    new pics added Jan 2012

Enjoying the freedom of going curly!:wave:
    Duchess of Alba, Keeper of the Tartan Curls in The Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    pedaheh wrote: »
    justajesuschick I just do what Pedaheh does..haha! Seriously-she is the queen of links and I have read and read.

Ha, ha, ha. I do whatever Del2C tells me to do. 8) Your hair really has changed a lot in a short time. Glad all your hard work paid off.
    DEL2C is a wavy goddess :)
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• heidiheidi Posts: 243Registered Users

hair050-1-1.jpg

Very pretty!

How important do you think the diffusing is in the process? I've always just let my hair airdry, I may have to get a diffuser one of these days just to see what it would do for me.
    Medium-fine Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity, Thick Density
    Co-wash: Renpure Body&Shine
    RO: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
    LI/Curl Enhancer: Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
    Other: I'll add a little AG Mousse Gel if I want something extra.
    heidi wrote: »

hair050-1-1.jpg

Very pretty!

How important do you think the diffusing is in the process? I've always just let my hair airdry, I may have to get a diffuser one of these days just to see what it would do for me.

For me, I've found diffusing VERY important. Even in summer with it being warmer. There was a video out that said fine hair or wavies (or something like that) should diffuse as much as possible...get the water out quickly as it weighs the hair down too much and it can frizz as well. I think there's some truth to that. I also think it is better as my gel and stylers help "set" the wurls while being scrunched with the diffuser.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file