How do I find a Deva stylist near me?

wavyhavawavyhava Posts: 32Registered Users
Does any one know how to find a stylist that knows the Deva way to cut or at least knows a little about wavy/curly hair?!

I just got back from getting my hair cut from someone I've gone to a few times and liked. Of course that was when I hated my wavy hair and always straightened it. I washed my hair before I went because I have read how horrible sulfates and silicone's are. She wouldn't cut it dry so I told her just to wet my hair down instead of wash it.. Without telling me she fully washed my hair with brands that are full of sulfates and silicone's. She cut my hair shorter than I told her I wanted which is going to look insane when I style it curly. That's another thing, she straightened my hair! I'm frustrated right now and desperately need to find a stylist who knows about wavy/curly hair! I'm in the Charleston, South Carolina area.

Sorry for the rant but any help is appreciated!
2B/medium texture/high porosity.

Comments

• yagurlbubblezyagurlbubblez Posts: 78Registered Users
    u may have to travel. b/c there are deva stylist where i live, which is baltimore, md, but i dont trust them at all b/c i have heard some horror stories. when my hair grows out some more, imma go to devachan in NY. thats the best official place u can go b/c they are known for their good jobs and local ppl u really dont hear anything about.
    http://www.youtube.com/yagurlbubblez

REGIMEN (updated 2/28/12)
    Shampoo: Hello Hydration or Desert Essence Coconut Shampoo
    Conditioner: HH for conditioning, detangling and leave in
    Oils: jojoba oil
    Styling: nothing. just take down from pineapple, style and go.
  • eneriymaeneriyma Posts: 45Registered Users
    You can try the salon review section on this website, many salons have quite a few detailed reviews and name specific stylists. You can also try review websites like Yelp and check your local newspapers for "best of" awards polls. The way I found my stylist in my last city was by asking people with wavy or curly hair that I liked for the name of their stylist. That's how I'm going about it this time, but so far everyone I've asked cuts their own!

Also, did you tell the stylist that you were unhappy and that she didn't listen to what you wanted? I think it is worth calling the salon to talk to her, and it may also be worth letting the manager know your concerns. A good stylist will make sure they understand what you want and explain what they are going to do to your hair to make sure you are both on the same page.
    2c (front and hairline)/ 2a (back and sides), Mii, normal porosity, medium elasticity.

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner
    Conditioner: Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Conditioner, Renpure My Pretty Hair is Parched!
    Pre-wash: Coconut oil

Products: Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel, Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Mousse, Kinky-Curly Curling Custard, Target Curls Cream Brulee, Target Curls Goddess Curl Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file