Help with more natural CG shampoo and conditioner, please?

justajesuschickjustajesuschick Registered Users Posts: 1,657 Curl Neophyte
I currently use AOGBP and wanted something to rotate it with. Based on online ingredient decks, I bought Giovanni 50 50 shampoo and conditioner and the ingredient deck has changed and it has ingredients that I do not want to use.

Marching them back to Whole Foods. What would you suggest I exchange them for?

Thanks!!!!!
I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
Condition: DevaCurl OC
LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM

Comments

• LongDarkWavyHairLongDarkWavyHair Registered Users Posts: 69
    oh no! They changed their ingredients? Giovanni was one of my staples - I read once and never looked again - now I have to recheck - what did they add that you don't like?

Also - desert essences has an organic line.. the coconut conditioner is amazing. (http://www.beautyjunkieinsf.com/2010/01/desert-essence-organics-coconut-shampoo-and-conditioner/)
    2c/3a. Fine-Medium, Med-High Porosity. NO elasticity.

Mainly CG (co-wash daily; no poo, no cones)
    Current products:
    Co-wash: Desert Essences Organics (lemon for clarifying)
    Condish: Desert Essences Organics (coconut for moisture)
    Hair Gel: KissMyFace, HFSG

Occasionals:
    Coconut Oil
    Baking Soda/ACV
    Trying:
    Gelatin/ACV Protein Treatment
    Biotene H-24 Condish
    VO5 Hot Oil

Hair Pics: http://s754.photobucket.com/albums/xx186/longdarkwavyhair/CG%20Hair/
  • Curly_JammyCurly_Jammy Registered Users Posts: 626
    Natures Gate Hemp Conditioner
    3c, fine, porous,MBL
    Pre: EVCO Poo: GTTT DC:AO GPB, TJ Nourish Spa+EVOO
    LI: Cantu Shea butter LI, YesToCarrots,(AVJ+H2O) Spritz
    Style: AVG, Eco Seal: Qp Mango & Olive oil, Shea AloeMix
  • Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Curl Neophyte
    Nature's Gate condishs are really thin. I personally don't think they are very moisturizing. I've tried 2 different ones, and my best girlfriend, who is a 4 but is relaxed, has tried another as well, and neither of us care for them because they aren't rich enough. But... we both need alot of moisture. As in, AOHR is my usual condish and is not rich to me at all :D So if you are like me, you might not find the brand rich enough, if you're not, you might find it ok.

JJChick, I have a 32oz bottle of a Nature's Gate condish I got at TJMaxx that I could send you a sample of if you want :) PM me if you want me to make you a sample.
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
  • morrighumorrighu Registered Users Posts: 707
    While *most* of the nature's gate conditoers are thin, the hemp is not. It's certainly thicker than my AO was. That's why I chose not to buy a 2nd bottle of it this past summer. It was too heavy but now that winter is upon us, it bears testing since it's easily half the price of what I've been using.
  • voluptucurlvoluptucurl Registered Users Posts: 74 Curl Neophyte
    I'm looking for a more natural alternative to BioInfusion Professional Hydrating Moisturizing Balm (which is so awesome for me as a leave-in). Does anyone know of another conditioner with similar ingredients, but without cones, mineral oil, or parabens?

Here are the BioInfusion balm's ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Myristyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Iso Decyl Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Coumarin, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Amyl Cinnamal, Polysorbate-20, Geraniol, Algae, Algae Extract, Rosemary Extract (Rosmarinus Officinalis), Golden Seal Extract (Hydrastis Canadensis)

Thanks!
    Voluptucurl  Embracing the curl—no more hair fights: kinky-wavy, very dry
    Last relaxer: Sept 2007 / BC: April 2008
    Nearly reformed product junkie; ayurvedic herb fan
    My regimen | Check out my blog

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file